Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    there are many hilarious left wing beliefs but one of the funniest has to be the old reagan era chestnut that right wingers are responsible for the spread of hiv/aids.

they've done the research and it turns out if you keep the needles out of your veins and the cocks out of your ass you're pretty much in the clear.

there's your advisory. just saved a couple billion dollars and it's not even dinner time.

Comments

hongkonger: Ignorance

MumblesBadly: What HKer said.

Mintjewlips: Solid advice

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Where are these moderate left leaning people reaching across the aisle?

the entirety of both houses democratic leadership tried to work with trump and were greeted with everything from racist slurs to accusations of treason when trump wasnt able to bring them to heel because at the end of the day, the democrats have significant philosophical objections to a theocratic oligarchy.

as for the voters, whatever hope you silly cunts had of being taken seriously evaporated on the streets of charlseton around mid april.

"us vs them" is the new normal because your tribe is too stupid to tolerate. i get why yall are so turn't right now but so you know, the pendulum is going to consign you country fuckups into oblivion sooner you can literally imagine.
    If you mean the Democratic politicians in Congress have been more willing to try to work together to make things work than that is fair. Although I do wonder if they would have been so willing to negotiate if they were working from a position of power.

As far as the average left leaning elitist rank and file Trump hater, I think this quote sums up how they have responded since D1, and as I have argued before, this is a big part of the problem.

Comments

sonatine: ugh. touche.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

This right here is the problem with our country as a whole. The whole us vs them mentality... Both sides are guilty of it, but the Trumptards are at a level with this shit that is cowardly and disgusting. While the left seems to get pissed based on actual facts being disputed the right gets off on spewing lies and bullshit talking points for the most part and hides behind it all without actually ever debating anything.

Go ahead and keep on thinking you're "winning", history will judge correctly.
    "the problem with our country is the us vs them mentality. and the people causing it are those dumb fucking trumptards over there!"
    How many on the left would sink to the depths of defending a pedophile just to support their agenda?

How many on the left are labeling legit news outlets as "fake news" while constantly going back to talking points that have no relevance whatsoever to actual current events?

How many on the left, who once claimed Robert Mueller was the face of decency and everything right with law enforcement, are now claiming he's a biased, corrupt lawman that needs to be shut down?

How many on the left are defending white pride type of behavior?

The list goes on... The problem with the Trump side is the majority of their arguments are defending lies and horrendous indefensible behavior.

Load Metric
    "the problem with our country is the us vs them mentality. and the people causing it are those dumb fucking trumptards over there!"
    How many on the left would sink to the depths of defending a pedophile just to support their agenda?

How many on the left are labeling legit news outlets as "fake news" while constantly going back to talking points that have no relevance whatsoever to actual current events?

How many on the left, who once claimed Robert Mueller was the face of decency and everything right with law enforcement, are now claiming he's a biased, corrupt lawman that needs to be shut down?

The list goes on... The problem with the Trump side is the majority of their arguments are defending lies and horrendous indefensible behavior.

you have way too much faith in the democratic party. they're largely politicians, who are bought and paid for, just like the republicans.

in response to your question, "how many on the left would sink to the depths of defending a pedophile just to support their agenda?" -- how many on the left criticized bill clinton for multiple sex assault allegations when he was running for president?

how many on the left said they could not put their party over principle, and instead endorsed bob dole?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Fair enough. I am just making the point the more you insult someone and call them demeaning names, the more likely they are to "circle the wagons" and have a FU attitude. It is just human psychology. I am concerned that due to identity politics, the MSM and social media, more and more we are pushing a sizable portion of the country towards the Republican Party, as tremendously flawed as it is.

I think if it weren't for the social justice identity politics movement, social media and the obvious biases of the MSM this current iteration of the Republican Party wouldn't have nearly the support it currently does IMO.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I think history has shown that given the proper inputs humans in groups are capable of a lot, with a lot of it being worse than anything going on in the Republican camp right now. 2 examples are the entire German people getting onboard with large scale genocide in the early 20th century, and ISIS in the very recent past. I think we have to move past just insulting and calling people names; and try to figure out the environmental causes for this behavior and what we can do to rectify it.

Comments

vegas1369: I agree

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

you have way too much faith in the democratic party. they're largely politicians, who are bought and paid for, just like the republicans.

in response to your question, "how many on the left would sink to the depths of defending a pedophile just to support their agenda?" -- how many on the left criticized bill clinton for multiple sex assault allegations when he was running for president?

how many on the left said they could not put their party over principle, and instead endorsed bob dole?

virtually no details about clinton's sex cases were on the radar then.

also

Name:  26165796_1380784955381183_4289201114714012182_n.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  100.6 KB
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

virtually no details about clinton's sex cases were on the radar then.
    you’re right as the most serious of the allegations didn’t come out until his 2nd term.

paula jones went public in 1994 however

let’s be intellectually honest though. he could have been caught on tape raping women and no dem in congress would have endorsed bob dole for president.

also, in this #metoo era, should we ask if Hillary deserves criticism for maligning his accusers?

Load Metric

I agree with most of this. However, the people backing Clinton in the midst of sexual misconduct are on the same level as the people defending Trumps sexual misconduct, which btw he admitted to on tape. Both are horrendous, I agree. Defending a man who is accused of pedo behavior is on a whole other level in my book though, especially considering he was a wannabe senator and the stakes nearly weren't as high as someone who is president.

I do agree that the majority of politicians are bought and paid for... I've witnessed it first hand. It's the way the system is set up. Politicians need money for their campaigns, they hit up donors whose agenda fits theirs, they are then expected to deliver for those donors and if they don't, they're gone. It's fucked up and lends itself to corruption on both sides of the aisle. There's no getting around it. The tricky part for an honest politician is to stick to their morals and not go down a road of accepting money from questionable donors whom they might not agree with on a lot of issues. That's one slippery slope.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 12-29-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Load Metric

I agree with most of this. However, the people backing Clinton in the midst of sexual misconduct are on the same level as the people defending Trumps sexual misconduct, which btw he admitted to on tape. Both are horrendous, I agree. Defending a man who is accused of pedo behavior is on a whole other level in my book though, especially considering he was a wannabe senator and the stakes nearly weren't as high as someone who is president.

I do agree that the majority of politicians are bought and paid for... I've witnessed it first hand. It's the way the system is set up. Politicians need money for their campaigns, they hit up donors whose agenda fits theirs, they are then expected to deliver for those donors and if they don't, they're gone. It's fucked up and lends itself to corruption on both sides of the aisle. There's no getting around it. The tricky part for an honest politician is to stick to their morals and not go down a road of accepting money from questionable donors whom they might not agree with on a lot of issues. That's one slippery slope.
    i lost all hope for the dems when cory booker voted against permitting americans to buy prescription drugs from canada for a fraction of what american drugs cost, citing safety concerns. obv he takes a lot of big pharma money and a lot of those companies are located in NJ.

lol at canadian drugs being too unsafe for americans. did i mention that they are often manufactured in the US?

Load Metric

i lost all hope for the dems when cory booker voted against permitting americans to buy prescription drugs from canada for a fraction of what american drugs cost, citing safety concerns. obv he takes a lot of big pharma money and a lot of those companies are located in NJ.

lol at canadian drugs being too unsafe for americans. did i mention that they are often manufactured in the US?
    I never knew that about him. That's fucked. What's pretty amazing to me about that is he has been a champion for cannabis, which flies in the face of being a shill for big pharma. Even when they're good they're bad.

Platinum
    Load Metric

We have had this discussion before in other threads. The only reason drugs are so cheap in Canada is because they are so expensive in the US, the drug companies are ok taking the discount in Canada. So basically the US is subsidizing prescription drugs for Canada. Ergo, there is strict rules that are aggressively enforced blocking Americans from going around this process and buying drugs in Canada.

If US citizens were allowed to purchase drugs in Canada, the prices would go up dramatically in Canada to compensate.

Load Metric
    I used to like him until I read blakes post sounds like another sellout fuck him

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I used to like him until I read blakes post sounds like another sellout fuck him
    If you think this then you just don't understand how things work. It isn't "selling out." This shit has been prearranged with agreements between the Pharma companies and the US and Canadian govt. It is just how business as usual is done.

Load Metric
    plus his name is cory so right off the bat, you know he cant be trusted.

Comments

vegas1369: Tough but fair
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    booker took a ton of liberal heat about this at the time.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...nate-democrats

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b3c7a7b05c29

it was bernie sanders' amendment he voted against.

booker's a complete disgrace for this and unfortunately will likely be the 2020 democrat nominee

Load Metric

We have had this discussion before in other threads. The only reason drugs are so cheap in Canada is because they are so expensive in the US, the drug companies are ok taking the discount in Canada. So basically the US is subsidizing prescription drugs for Canada. Ergo, there is strict rules that are aggressively enforced blocking Americans from going around this process and buying drugs in Canada.

If US citizens were allowed to purchase drugs in Canada, the prices would go up dramatically in Canada to compensate.
    not sure what you're saying here. americans should keep subsidizing drugs for canadians?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    If you think this then you just don't understand how things work. It isn't "selling out." This shit has been prearranged with agreements between the Pharma companies and the US and Canadian govt. It is just how business as usual is done.
    Yeah it's called selling out prearranged or not
    You use big words I use small ones but in the end he's just another fucking sellout

Load Metric

None of this is true.

The Canadian health care system is the sole buyer of drugs and thus can negotiate very cheap prices. They don't allow big pharma to gouge their system or the Canadian consumer. It is not because "the drug companies are ok taking the discount in Canada." They will price gouge where they are allowed to do so (USA) and sell drugs at reasonable prices where they are forced to (everywhere else in the civilized world).

The initial reason importation of prescription drugs into he US was banned was because of legit safety concerns from third world countries. However in Canada, Europe, etc the safety standards and testing are as good or better than in the US. The ban continues with respect to those countries, and Booker voted against that amendment, to protect Big Pharma's $$$. That is the only reason.

Comments

gimmick:

El Gallo:

vegas1369:

MumblesBadly: New Jersey is the home of the US' big pharma industry
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

Sorry, but this is fucking nonsense.

Edit: What hk said...

Thread Information