Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric

Comments

Mintjewlips: LEGIT LOL

Load Metric
    Glad to see Trump is finally calling out all the nonsense on Goybal Warming.

Nice try joos.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Druff in that long post said this is not the case. That stood out as false to me, but I didn't bother looking into it. What's the data on this?
    It really doesn't matter. Because if the data doesn't support your feelings, you just hand waive it away anyways. For example, any data indicating race is an positive correlate in crime rate is just hand waived away by saying it is solely because the police and justice system are biased.
    So when someone asks you to back up your bullshit "scientific" claims with data or a citation of any kind, you refuse and say it "doesn't matter"? That's pretty convenient.

Load Metric

This is Republicans, not just Trump. When it's cold outside, they equate weather with climate. Even a well known message board operator that runs his site at a loss.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

This is Republicans, not just Trump. When it's cold outside, they equate weather with climate. Even a well known message board operator that runs his site at a loss.

I know perfectly sane people that before the election said you would be crazy not to believe in man made climate change, that today are fully bought into it being bullshit. I don’t get how people get brainwashed like that. In a few months they were taught to ignore evidence and experts and believe whatever trump says as truth even as he is being caught in lie after lie
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

I know perfectly sane people that before the election said you would be crazy not to believe in man made climate change, that today are fully bought into it being bullshit. I don’t get how people get brainwashed like that. In a few months they were taught to ignore evidence and experts and believe whatever trump says as truth even as he is being caught in lie after lie

To be a Trump supporter, you must believe in tribalism over all else.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

To be a Trump supporter, you must believe in tribalism over all else.
    That's how cults work.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I skimmed the article. The author seems to think evidence suggests what he terms "Culture of Honor" is a better explanation of aggression/criminality in certain social groups than testosterone levels, or other genetic factors. Which is basically what I said.
    Not quite. You first said that it was scientifically reasonable to believe that blacks commit more crimes because they tend to have higher testosterone levels.

Given what we know about the link between testosterone levels and aggression in every single mammalian species, from a purely scientific perspective blacks having higher genetic propensity towards aggression/criminality it is a perfectly reasonable hypothesis to make.
    Then you made an appeal of sorts to political correctness to not actually scientifically examine that notion.

That being said the sociological implications are such that I would tend to agree it is probably best we don't go down that rabbit hole.
    Which, in summary, allows one to continue to believe in that "perfectly reasonable hypothesis" without having to actually test it.
    I actually said this in a different post, a few posts before the one you quoted. Sorry you wasted all your time quoting the wrong post.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Not quite. You first said that it was scientifically reasonable to believe that blacks commit more crimes because they tend to have higher testosterone levels.

Given what we know about the link between testosterone levels and aggression in every single mammalian species, from a purely scientific perspective blacks having higher genetic propensity towards aggression/criminality it is a perfectly reasonable hypothesis to make.
    Then you made an appeal of sorts to political correctness to not actually scientifically examine that notion.

That being said the sociological implications are such that I would tend to agree it is probably best we don't go down that rabbit hole.
    Which, in summary, allows one to continue to believe in that "perfectly reasonable hypothesis" without having to actually test it.
    I actually said this in a different post, a few posts before the one you quoted. Sorry you wasted all your time quoting the wrong post.
    In that previous post, you said that there wasn't clear evidence either way...

I don't think it is clear at all whether the elevated criminality is genetic or environmental
    Which is basically the same as what you said in the post I quoted, and leaves the genetic-based hypothesis as a viable answer if one is inclined to believe so for other reasons, e.g. bigotry.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    On Thursday at Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump decided to sit down and chat. With a reporter. For The New York Times. For 30 minutes.

Lucky for us, the Times released excerpts of the conversation between Trump and Michael Schmidt. I went through the interview and took note of 47 -- yes, 47 -- of the most stand-out lines. They're below.

1. "I thought it was a terrible thing he did. [Inaudible.] I thought it was certainly unnecessary. I thought it was a terrible thing."

Is this Trump talking about some longtime political opponent, you ask? Nope. It's actually Trump talking about his own attorney general, Jeff Sessions, and the decision by Sessions to recuse himself from the Russia investigation! And that, by the way, was a terrible thing.

2. "Frankly, there is absolutely no collusion. That's been proven by every Democrat is saying it."

So. The fact that Democrats say the possibility of collusion exists is evidence that collusion doesn't actually exist. If so, wow.

3. "Virtually every Democrat has said there is no collusion. There is no collusion."

Wait, wait. So it's not that Democrats saying "collusion" means there wasn't any collusion. It's that Democrats NOT saying collusion means there wasn't any collusion. This is exciting! I can't wait to see what happens next!

4. "Great congressmen, in particular, some of the congressmen have been unbelievable in pointing out what a witch hunt the whole thing is."

There have been an increasing number of GOP members of Congress -- led by Ohio's Jim Jordan -- who have spoken out in recent days about the alleged partisanship of the special counsel investigation. (A person special counsel Robert Mueller dismissed from his team over the summer had sent some anti-Trump tweets during the 2016 campaign.) But Trump is oversimplifying here. Most members of Congress -- Republicans and Democrats -- have been laudatory of Mueller and have insisted he needs to be given the time to finish his investigation.

5. "I think it's been proven that there is no collusion."

It has not. No one -- not Mueller and not the congressional committees investigating Russia's involvement in the 2016 election -- have said anything of the sort. In fairness, there has been no proof of collusion offered yet, either.

6. "I won because I was a better candidate by a lot. I won because I campaigned properly and she didn't."

Agree! Actually, I think Trump won because he better understood the political climate and the frustration and anger that people had toward politics as usual. And, to his credit, he did campaign in places -- like Pennsylvania -- where Republicans had a very thin track record of success.

7. "She campaigned for the popular vote. I campaigned for the Electoral College."

There's very little evidence -- and by that, I mean no evidence -- this is true. Hillary Clinton didn't campaign in a handful of states -- like Wisconsin -- in the final weeks of the race not because she wasn't trying to win the Electoral College but because she didn't believe she was in danger of losing them.

8. "You know the Electoral College; it's like a track star."

This HAS to be the first time the Electoral College has been compared to Carl Lewis, right?

9. "It's in golf. If you have a tournament and you have match play or stroke play, you prepare differently, believe it or not. It's different."

The Electoral College is a lot like track. And golf. And ultimate Frisbee.

10. "The genius of the Electoral College is that you go to places you might not go to."

That brilliant track-running golfer, the Electoral College! It makes you go places that are not huge states on either coast! Places like Iowa!

11. "The genius is that the popular vote is a much different form of campaigning. Hillary never understood that."

I feel like she did.

12. "I can only tell you that there is absolutely no collusion. Everybody knows it. And you know who knows it better than anybody? The Democrats. They walk around blinking at each other."

I spent a lot of time with this line. Does Trump mean "winking" at each other? If he does mean "blinking," then what does Democrats blinking tell us about their belief in collusion (or not)? Has blinking been the universal sign of disbelief all this time and no one told me?

13. "I hope that he's going to be fair. I think that he's going to be fair."

Trump on Mueller is a classic in leaving-the-door-open-ism. Look, I hope Muelller will be fair. I think he will be fair. But if he's not. ...

14. "Maybe I'll just say a little bit of a [inaudible]."

Same.

15. "Paul only worked for me for a few months."

Paul Manafort was hired as Trump's campaign chairman on March 28, 2016. He was removed from that job on August 19, 2016. That's 144 days, or almost five months.

16. "I saw Dianne Feinstein the other day on television saying there is no collusion."

"Believe it or not, even when I'm in Washington or New York, I do not watch much television." -- Donald Trump

17. "I actually think it's turning to the Democrats because there was collusion on behalf of the Democrats. There was collusion with the Russians and the Democrats. A lot of collusion."

Much collusion. Very Democrats.

I'm not totally sure what Trump is going for here but my guess is that he views the fact that Clinton's campaign was secretly paying for the anti-Trump dossier put together by a former British spy as evidence of some sort of collusion with Russia? I think?

18. "There was tremendous collusion on behalf of the Russians and the Democrats. There was no collusion with respect to my campaign."

So much collusion. The best collusion. Big, beautiful collusion.

19. "The only thing that bothers me about timing, I think it's a very bad thing for the country. Because it makes the country look bad. It makes the country look very bad, and it puts the country in a very bad position."

The best way to understand this Trump quote on the Mueller investigation is to substitute "me" every time Trump says "country."

20. "But there is tremendous collusion with the Russians and with the Democratic Party."

Huh. I hadn't heard Trump ever mention the possibility of collusion between Russia and the Democrats before.

21. "Whatever happened to the Pakistani guy, that had the two, you know, whatever happened to this Pakistani guy who worked with the DNC?"

The "Pakistani guy" is Imran Awan, who was arrested on bank fraud charges in July as he tried to flee the country. Awan had worked for former Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, among other Democrats on Capitol Hill.

22. "Whatever happened to the Hillary Clinton deleted 33,000 emails after she got [inaudible]?"

Clinton did delete more than 31,000 emails on her private email server after a review by longtime Clinton confidante Cheryl Mills and Clinton lawyer Heather Samuelson determined those emails were entirely personal. Clinton turned over more than 30,0000 emails from that server that she believed had some sort of tie to her professional life.

23. "I have absolute right to do what I want to do with the Justice Department."

Trump is technically right here. If he wanted to fire Sessions or even Mueller, he could. But his use of "absolute right" will unsettle many people who have long held doubts that the President understands that there are real boundaries built into government to avoid the executive seizing total power.

24. "He's a liberal Democrat. I watched Alan Dershowitz the other day. He said, 'No. 1, there is no collusion. No. 2, collusion is not a crime, but even if it was a crime, there was no collusion.'"

"Believe it or not, even when I'm in Washington or New York, I do not watch much television." -- Donald Trump

25. "It's very hard for a Republican to win the Electoral College. OK? You start off with New York, California and Illinois against you."

The 2016 election ended 416 days ago. Trump won.

26. "They made the Russian story up as a hoax, as a ruse, as an excuse for losing an election that in theory Democrats should always win with the Electoral College."

The special counsel was formed by Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general in the Trump Justice Department -- an organization with which he has "absolute right to do what I want to do." Mueller had been appointed head of the FBI by a Republican president. The heads of the two congressional committees investigating Russian involvement in the election are Republicans.

27. "It's too bad Jeff recused himself. I like Jeff, but it's too bad he recused himself."

Man, Jeff, you blew it. And it's too bad you blew it.

28. "I don't want to get into loyalty, but I will tell you that, I will say this: Holder protected President Obama. Totally protected him."

I don't want to pick my favorite Trump quote in this interview but I will tell you this is it.

29. "We hear bulls*** from the Democrats. Like Joe Manchin. Joe's a nice guy."

From "bulls***" to "nice guy" in eight words: The presidency of Donald Trump.

30. "'Hey, let's get together. Let's do bipartisan.'"

We should all do bipartisan at some point in our lives.

31. "I'm the one that saved coal."

Same.

32. "I called it."

This quote is specifically about Trump's decision to endorse incumbent Republican Luther Strange over Roy Moore in Alabama's Senate primary race. But it pretty much works for any situation tied to Trump. Ever. Forever.

33. "I never thought Roy was going to win the election, but I felt ... I never thought he was going to win the election."

"Go get 'em, Roy." -- Donald Trump

34. "I would have done bipartisan. I would absolutely have done bipartisan."

My #1 rule of life: You always do bipartisan.

35. "We've essentially gutted and ended Obamacare."

Nope!

36. "I have unbelievably great relationships with 97% of the Republican congressmen and senators. I love them and they love me."

"I've got nothing but love for you." -- Heavy D (RIP)

37. "I know more about the big bills ... [Inaudible] ... than any president that's ever been in office."

This claim is sort of hard to check.

38. "I was a great student and all this stuff."

"I have a very good brain and I've said a lot of things." -- Donald Trump

39. "I know the details of taxes better than anybody. Better than the greatest CPA."

This got me to thinking: I would definitely watch a reality show called "The Greatest CPA" where accountants just tried to out-math and out-deduct each other.

40. "Obamacare is essentially ... you know, you saw this ... it's basically dead over a period of time."

Nope! (Again.)

41. "No, I'm not being centered."

Yes, this is a real quote.

42. "I'm always moving. I'm moving in both directions."

"Coffee is for closers, only."

43. "He treated me better than anybody's ever been treated in the history of China."

In the history of China.

44. "One of the great two days of anybody's life and memory having to do with China."

Anybody's life and memory.

45. "In fact, I hate to say, it was reported this morning, and it was reported on Fox."

46. "Another reason that I'm going to win another four years is because newspapers, television, all forms of media will tank if I'm not there because without me, their ratings are going down the tubes."

The cynicism here is towering. And it reveals Trump's basic belief that everything and everyone is solely motivated by profit.

47. "So they basically have to let me win."

Well, that about does it for me. Happy (almost) New Year
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/29/politi...mes/index.html

Load Metric
    The ease with which Trump pisses off all the right people in this country of ours is such a beautiful thing to behold. His global warming tweet yesterday was a masterpiece.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    The ease with which Trump pisses off all the right people in this country of ours is such a beautiful thing to behold. His global warming tweet yesterday was a masterpiece.
    This right here is the problem with our country as a whole. The whole us vs them mentality... Both sides are guilty of it, but the Trumptards are at a level with this shit that is cowardly and disgusting. While the left seems to get pissed based on actual facts being disputed the right gets off on spewing lies and bullshit talking points for the most part and hides behind it all without actually ever debating anything.

Go ahead and keep on thinking you're "winning", history will judge correctly.

Load Metric
    Both sides are guilty of it

and then there's this.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Both sides are guilty of it

and then there's this.
    I would say the right is much more guilty of this, but the left does share in some of the blame. Mainly though its the extreme left, whereas moderate right folks are jumping right into that kiddie pool.

Load Metric
    This right here is the problem with our country as a whole. The whole us vs them mentality... Both sides are guilty of it, but the Trumptards are at a level with this shit that is cowardly and disgusting. While the left seems to get pissed based on actual facts being disputed the right gets off on spewing lies and bullshit talking points for the most part and hides behind it all without actually ever debating anything.

Go ahead and keep on thinking you're "winning", history will judge correctly.
    "the problem with our country is the us vs them mentality. and the people causing it are those dumb fucking trumptards over there!"

Load Metric

and then there's this.
    I would say the right is much more guilty of this, but the left does share in some of the blame. Mainly though its the extreme left, whereas moderate right folks are jumping right into that kiddie pool.

im just saying the utterly worthless 'reach across the aisle' instinct that has plagued the left's response for the last year usually manifests itself with a 'both sides are guilty of such and such' type effort to appeal to an audience that a) absolutely will never agree with that and b) has absolutely no interest in reaching across the aisle, ever.

to whit;

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0b0e5a7a5ffb5

trump just fired every.. single... person on the presidential advisory council on hiv/aids, and the assumption is that pence is behind it and will be stoking the coals on the abstinence is the only safe sex train in 2018, praise be under His eye.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this^10

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric

im just saying the utterly worthless 'reach across the aisle' instinct that has plagued the left's response for the last year usually manifests itself with a 'both sides are guilty of such and such' type effort to appeal to an audience that a) absolutely will never agree with that and b) has absolutely no interest in reaching across the aisle, ever.

to whit;

trump just fired every.. single... person on the presidential advisory council on hiv/aids, and the assumption is that pence is behind it and will be stoking the coals on the abstinence is the only safe sex train in 2018, praise be under His eye.
    Where are these moderate left leaning people reaching across the aisle? From Day 1 most of the anti-Trump people I know have been nothing but insulting and demeaning to Trump supporters. This thread is a pretty good microcosm of that. And whenever I try to bring up that perhaps many of the 60 million Trump voters are not pieces of garbage, and it would be better if there was a little bit more perspective and moderation, the response is normally something along the lines of, "No, they are all deplorable pieces of garbage and so are you for even suggesting they aren't."

I do find it very ironic that the person on this site who exemplifies this the most (Sonatine) is the one complaining about it on the other side. I have argued this before and believe a lot of the support of Trump is a visceral "FU" response to the very aggressive and confrontational way "deplorables" have been attacked and demeaned over the last few years.

My personal observation is that the toxic "them vs us, FU" mentality is worse from the left. That being said, I don't really hang out with right wing crowds, so perhaps they are just as bad and I just am not exposed to it.

I didn't vote for Trump, and don't support him, but even I sometimes feel that "FU, maybe I will just vote for Trump" feeling when I get into heated arguments with left leaning people (which is normally just me trying to make arguments and them calling me names in response).

Load Metric

Where are these moderate left leaning people reaching across the aisle?

the entirety of both houses democratic leadership tried to work with trump and were greeted with everything from racist slurs to accusations of treason when trump wasnt able to bring them to heel because at the end of the day, the democrats have significant philosophical objections to a theocratic oligarchy.

as for the voters, whatever hope you silly cunts had of being taken seriously evaporated on the streets of charlseton around mid april.

"us vs them" is the new normal because your tribe is too stupid to tolerate. i get why yall are so turn't right now but so you know, the pendulum is going to consign you country fuckups into oblivion sooner you can literally imagine.

Load Metric

hahahahaha faggots btfo. Mike "The Electric Fence" Pence strikes again. Love this administration.

Name:  fags_image07.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  155.8 KB

Comments

hongkonger: Terrible

Load Metric

hahahahaha faggots btfo. Mike "The Electric Fence" Pence strikes again. Love this administration.

Name:  fags_image07.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  155.8 KB

this post brought to you by todd witteles' poker fraud alert dot com.

Thread Information