Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    YOU ARE ALL HUGE NERDS PLZ STOP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Personally I'm talking about this thread and similar type online discussions. I have a few friends I love to chat politics and policy with and I know their beliefs and mine really do have a chance to change. I'm very particular about who I will chat politics with, most of the time it's a fucking wasted. I also am in sales so as a general rule I don't talk politics because it's a very good way to make people dislike you, no matter how fair you try to be.

If you love to chat about it and you clearly do, that's cool. It's just killing time here. Just admit you mostly like to hear yourself talk and get a pat on the back from the guys that agree with you. We all enjoy that, it's normal, I don't think anything more than that has been achieved in this thread. Maybe I'm wrong, there's been large chunks of time I didn't read the thread but I've followed a lot of it.

tell me more about the part where i answered your question and responded to a totally different one but you ignored the first part while taking the second part personally?

if nothing else i can see why you avoid these sorts of convos.
    The answer regarding vaccinations? I'll fire you off a green rep, I fully agree with your answer. Didn't feel the need to reply.

Listen man, politics are interesting. It's borderline addictive to chat about. If what I said came across as an insult it wasn't intended. It's just what I see in this thread. I avoid these threads because they are a time sink and once invested you can crush hundreds of hours and get nowhere. I also love to eat nibs, once I have 1 I'll have the entire bag but it's without value. I still do it.

I found the accusations of the anti vaccination position to be a left one interesting so I asked if that was really a left wing position. If so that would be fucking scary because I believe there's a solid base on the right that are anti vaccinations and that's a belief nobody wants gaining momentum.

Comments

varys: Thread is now about NIBS

Load Metric

tell me more about the part where i answered your question and responded to a totally different one but you ignored the first part while taking the second part personally?

The answer regarding vaccinations? I'll fire you off a green rep, I fully agree with your answer. Didn't feel the need to reply.

Listen man, politics are interesting. It's borderline addictive to chat about. If what I said came across as an insult it wasn't intended. It's just what I see in this thread. I avoid these threads because they are a time sink and once invested you can crush hundreds of hours and get nowhere. I also love to eat nibs, once I have 1 I'll have the entire bag but it's without value. I still do it.

I found the accusations of the anti vaccination position to be a left one interesting so I asked if that was really a left wing position. If so that would be fucking scary because I believe there's a solid base on the right that are anti vaccinations and that's a belief nobody wants gaining momentum.

saying my defense of science, which is where 90% of these convos go, is nothing but some sort of circle jerk for validation is grossly offensive on like 5 or 6 levels at once.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

saying my defense of science, which is where 90% of these convos go, is nothing but some sort of circle jerk for validation is grossly offensive on like 5 or 6 levels at once.
    Didn't mean to offend man, keep fighting the good fight.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BlunderMaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Well, when your average rap artist has a better understanding of gender norms and their biological basis than your average social science professor I would say that is a problem.

I personally believe we would all be better off if the biological basis of human behavior, both as individuals and as groups, was taught more honestly. This isn’t really a right wing or left wing viewpoint. It is just my opinions based on what I have seen.
    the left is cool with "science" until it interferes with their fantasy rainbow buttsex dreamworld. 'pansexual' college chicks with hillary stickers on their macbooks don't care or know anything more about science than backwoods hillbillies. to your average leftist science is just a buzzword to give intellectual credence to their real obsession: weird butt sex.
    WEIRD BUTT SEX FOR ALL!
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Is the 'gender is a social construct' nonsense actually the average democratic position in the USA?
    no, those people tend to be young unemployed idiots.

i pointed out that there is no equivalence between the tiny portion of people that believe this on the left compared to the tons of people on the right that don't believe in climate change and verminaard napped it out.
    Yup and I made the same point about vaccinations.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    As someone who works in science
    All jokes aside, what is it that you do?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

ill put my money on something to do with sports drinks or homeopathic remedies.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    He gets experimented on.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

How is the left attacking science? Honest question, because I haven't seen it.
    Well, when your average rap artist has a better understanding of gender norms and their biological basis than your average social science professor I would say that is a problem.

I personally believe we would all be better off if the biological basis of human behavior, both as individuals and as groups, was taught more honestly. This isn’t really a right wing or left wing viewpoint. It is just my opinions based on what I have seen.
    A free an open society depends, in part, on the free exchange of ideas. Some of the ideas exchanged will be utterly ridiculous. Where you go wrong is in pretending that the ridiculous ideas of a few professors represents the mainstream left, and and your false equivalence between that and climate change denial, which is a requirement for any national figure in the Republican Party despite the overwhelming scientific consensus. Once again, they aren't even remotely the same thing.

Comments

peter mcneil: Nailed it

MumblesBadly: :this
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

A free an open society depends, in part, on the free exchange of ideas. Some of the ideas exchanged will be utterly ridiculous. Where you go wrong is in pretending that the ridiculous ideas of a few professors represents the mainstream left, and and your false equivalence between that and climate change denial, which is a requirement for any national figure in the Republican Party despite the overwhelming scientific consensus. Once again, they aren't even remotely the same thing.
    no mate don't you realise the left are all the same with all the exact same thoughts, feelings and beliefs?

Platinum
    Load Metric

I don’t think it is an ideological topic per se. Most people who are anti vaccine have small kids they are worried about and that is their focus, not some ideological grand worldview.

Load Metric

I don’t think it is an ideological topic per se. Most people who are anti vaccine have small kids they are worried about and that is their focus, not some ideological grand worldview.
    I think it's pretty driven by the naturopathic/hemeopathic types. I really have no clue if they usually lean left or right. Genuinely interested in parenting opinions from the filthy animals on this site. Will create a thread and not derail this one.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i doubt it will change anyone’s mind if this comes to pass, because once people choose a side they generally stick with it, and don’t worry about reality contradicting their opinion, but I am guessing we will soon know with some certainty that the (most likely inflammatory) processes that cause autism start in utero, and your fate is set way before you have your first vaccine shot.

Load Metric
    i doubt it will change anyone’s mind if this comes to pass, because once people choose a side they generally stick with it, and don’t worry about reality contradicting their opinion, but I am guessing we will soon know with some certainty that the (most likely inflammatory) processes that cause autism start in utero, and your fate is set way before you have your first vaccine shot.
    I agree regarding autism. Just had round 2 of vaccinations with my son. I tried to do some research and understand the anti vaccination side but it was challenging. I felt a responsibility to consider there is some plausibility with an open mind. I couldn't get through a single article because they always lacked data or were so poorly written.

So far my son doesn't seem retarded or autistic, fingers are crossed.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I have a PHD in a biology related field and still work in that field. My expertise is in a pretty esoteric subject and not anything that will come up in this thread, not that it would matter anyways.

If I said I was an expert in a subject and what I said on said topic conflicted with anyone’s preconceived notions on said subject, they would just say I was wrong and an idiot anyways. That is how the internet works.

The fact that I am closer to higher education than the average person peobably also explains why I am so concerned about things going On there. My understanding is that Canada is much worse than the US about leftists forcing their agenda through legislation, and if I was Canadian I would be worried about such legislation being passed, even if normal people just chuckle at it.
    Last edited by ErickAA; 12-26-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    One thing I think that is indisputable at this point is that Trump has been one of the most wildly successful presidents of the past 50 years.

All the controversy and fake news aside I think we can all agree on that?

This is how you support Trump morans. Say these things and point to the oval office. Everything else is pointless.

Load Metric

I have a PHD in a biology related field
    Nice. What branch? I'm genuinely curious.

Load Metric

I have a PHD in a biology related field
    Now you care. Lol. You have been insulting him for months straight.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Now you care. Lol. You have been insulting him for months straight.

Fatherhood changes people. Give him a break.

Thread Information