Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tes/945947001/

A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

It should surprise no one how low he went with Gillibrand. When accused during the campaign of sexually harassing or molesting women in the past, Trump’s response was to belittle the looks of his accusers. Last October, Trump suggested that he never would have groped Jessica Leeds on an airplane decades ago: “Believe me, she would not be my first choice, that I can tell you.” Trump mocked another accuser, former People reporter Natasha Stoynoff, “Check out her Facebook, you’ll
    understand.”

Other celebrities and politicians have denied accusations, but none has stooped as low as suggesting that their accusers weren’t attractive enough to be honored with their gropes.

If recent history is any guide, the unique awfulness of the Trump era in U.S. politics is only going to get worse. Trump’s utter lack of morality, ethics and simple humanity has been underscored during his 11 months in office. Let us count the ways:

Trump apparently is going for some sort of record for lying while in office. As of mid-November, he had made 1,628 misleading or false statements in 298 days in office. That’s 5.5 false claims per day, according to a count kept by The Washington Post’s fact-checkers.

Trump takes advantage of any occasion — even Monday’s failed terrorist attack in New York — to stir racial, religious or ethnic strife. Congress “must end chain migration,” he said Monday, because the terror suspect “entered our country through extended-family chain migration, which is incompatible with national security.” So because one man — 27-year-old Akayed Ullah, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. who came from Bangladesh on a family immigrant visa in 2011 — is accused of attacking America, all immigrants brought to this country by family are suspect?

Trump might have some credibility if his criticism of immigrants was solely about terrorists. It isn’t. It makes no difference to him if an immigrant is a terrorist or a federal judge. He once smeared an Indiana-born judge whose parents emigrated from Mexico. It’s all the same to this president.

A man who clearly wants to put his stamp on the government, Trump hasn’t even done his job when it comes to filling key government positions thatrequire Senate confirmation. As of last week, Trump had failed to nominate anyone for 60% of 1,200 key positions he can fill to keep the government running smoothly.

Trump has shown contempt for ethical strictures that have bound every president in recent memory. He has refused to release his tax returns, with the absurd excuse that it’s because he is under audit. He has refused to put his multibillion dollar business interests in a blind trust and peddles the fiction that putting them in the hands
    of his sons does the same thing.

He is enthusiastically supporting Alabama's Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore, who has been accused of pursuing — and in one case molesting and in another assaulting — teenagers as young as 14 when Moore was a county prosecutor in his 30s. On Tuesday, Trump summed up his willingness to support a man accused of criminal conduct: “Roy Moore will always vote with us.”

Name:  nazi fat.JPG
Views: 386
Size:  31.6 KB Name:  wolfenstein.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  45.6 KB

I wonder what any of these fucking idiots would respond if a WWII European Theatre veteran asked them "What the hell are you doing?"

"We kill nazis." Inglourious Basterds

Comments

MumblesBadly: "Ethics schmethics!"
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Former Republican Sen. Rick Santorum says President Trump's demeanor and his attacks likely had an impact on the Alabama Senate race.

"As bad of news this is for Republicans, it is a very clear warning shot ... the President's demeanor and the way he's been so hostile in attacking people, as I have said many times, it's just debilitating," he said.

Santorum, a CNN senior political commentator, continued, "It just wears out a lot of people who would otherwise look at this national economy, look at some of the great things this administration is doing and just get worn-out by it, and worn out by the daily controversy coming out of the President's Twitter feed and did that have an impact? I have not doubt that had an impact in Alabama. I have no doubt in my mind it softened the playing field."
    Even dumbass Rick "Frothy Mixture" Santorum has figured that out. I'm glad Trump hasn't.
    Santorum is projecting his own particular moral disgust for Trump. To the good folks in Alabama, Trump is just a Yankee carpetbagger and not relevant in this matter. Moore lost because too many well-meaning voters couldn't stomach his new-to-most-of-them horrible reputation and brazen denials of his pedo-lecherous past.

P.S. Plus, he can't ride a horse for shit!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    “President Trump, when I talk to him about policy, he has an amazing way of deluding himself,” Schumer said. “He doesn’t know the details and he says whatever he wants to say.”

was tempted to sulu laugh this about a dozen times but seriously folks its really not funny.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    “President Trump, when I talk to him about policy, he has an amazing way of deluding himself,” Schumer said. “He doesn’t know the details and he says whatever he wants to say.”

was tempted to sulu laugh this about a dozen times but seriously folks its really not funny.
    Still, Hillary does know the details yet thinks it is in our national interest to sell uranium to Russia.

Comments

hongkonger: You're fucking retarded

vegas1369: What he said

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Still, Hillary does know the details yet thinks it is in our national interest to sell uranium to Russia.
    Still working that bullshit?

It's obvious that these people are lying to you. Please stop believing them.

Load Metric
    im curious why you object to selling uranium to russia, and doubly curious why you think a secretary of state would lack a grasp of policy issues..

we've been doing business with russia for approximately ever. do you think russia's ability to destroy us is somehow diminished by refusing to sell them uranium? do you think it makes them more or less prone to nuke us by doing business with them?

honestly youre buying into a literal ratfuck conspiracy financed orchestrated and pushed aggressively by roger stone, and the only reason he's pushing it is because the other conspiracy theories went off the rails.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

What lie was I told or did I reference?

im curious why you object to selling uranium to russia, and doubly curious why you think a secretary of state would lack a grasp of policy issues..

we've been doing business with russia for approximately ever. do you think russia's ability to destroy us is somehow diminished by refusing to sell them uranium? do you think it makes them more or less prone to nuke us by doing business with them?

honestly youre buying into a literal ratfuck conspiracy financed orchestrated and pushed aggressively by roger stone, and the only reason he's pushing it is because the other conspiracy theories went off the rails.
    Maybe, but first, what are the positive reasons we would want to sell uranium to Russia, riddle me that.

Load Metric

Maybe, but first, what are the positive reasons we would want to sell uranium to Russia, riddle me that.

i believe the circumstances facilitating the sale can be traced back to the Reagan-era SALT treaties. but more importantly, we recently had a commitment to build proper disposal services for fissile materials as part of a very important nuclear reduction treaty with russia. russia 100% met or exceeded their responsibilities, and we, under obama's watch btw, failed to even build our own facility to begin meeting our commitment. the facility ran _billions_ of dollars over budget is my understanding and we had to go to the russians hat in hand because we screwed the pooch. real bad.

additionally, after the collapse of the soviet empire, russia basically handed us the keys to some of their most critically sensitive nuclear infrastructure simply so we could assist in accounting for all fissile material. since then we have had an extremely positive and productive relationship with them on the fissile front. that started to go south after they invaded kiev and started giving poland etc the military stinkeye, at which point we had to play the UN's Bad Cop and start ratcheting up sanctions, which was eagerly seized on by the russian psyche as further evidence that we showed our true colors when we bombed kosovo, which btw was the single most damaging event in russia/us relations since Reagan's 'evil empire' speech.

sorry for the run-on sentences but im explaining like 35 years of critically important history in a paragraph, not a term paper.

Load Metric

How about the other hundreds who thought it was ok? And congress?
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

It's illegal for Uranium One to export uranium from the US. So no uranium was sold to Russia, like you claimed.

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clint...m-russia-deal/

Load Metric
    http://chronicle.augusta.com/news/20...nah-river-site

you can follow the breadcrumbs backwards on this if you want to make the effort but if memory serves, thats the facility that fucked us to pieces on a pivotal element of a non-proliferation/reduction treaty with russia.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

How about the other hundreds who thought it was ok? And congress?
    Congress didn't approve this unless I'm mistaken and haven't bothered to look -- though you are correct that there were others in the Administration who signed off on it.

Load Metric

It's illegal for Uranium One to export uranium from the US. So no uranium was sold to Russia, like you claimed.

You should work on your reading/comprehension before wading into deep water like this.

Load Metric

its telling that exactly no one seems to be able to agree on what this conspiracy is accusing hillary of. i thought it was something to do with the clinton foundation middle manning sales from canada, for example. not that i cared on literally any level.

Load Metric

i believe the circumstances facilitating the sale can be traced back to the Reagan-era SALT treaties. but more importantly, we recently had a commitment to build proper disposal services for fissile materials as part of a very important nuclear reduction treaty with russia. russia 100% met or exceeded their responsibilities, and we, under obama's watch btw, failed to even build our own facility to begin meeting our commitment. the facility ran _billions_ of dollars over budget is my understanding and we had to go to the russians hat in hand because we screwed the pooch. real bad.

additionally, after the collapse of the soviet empire, russia basically handed us the keys to some of their most critically sensitive nuclear infrastructure simply so we could assist in accounting for all fissile material. since then we have had an extremely positive and productive relationship with them on the fissile front. that started to go south after they invaded kiev and started giving poland etc the military stinkeye, at which point we had to play the UN's Bad Cop and start ratcheting up sanctions, which was eagerly seized on by the russian psyche as further evidence that we showed our true colors when we bombed kosovo, which btw was the single most damaging event in russia/us relations since Reagan's 'evil empire' speech.

sorry for the run-on sentences but im explaining like 35 years of critically important history in a paragraph, not a term paper.
    I believe you are generally correct, including our shortcomings over the last 15 years; but i don't see how now selling them (or anyone frankly) uranium, is in our best interest. See your point above regarding their ability to even keep up with their nuclear arsenal. So while your points are indeed noteworthy, that tail doesn't wag the dog imo. Regardless, I'm still a big fan.

Load Metric

its telling that exactly no one seems to be able to agree on what this conspiracy is accusing hillary of. i thought it was something to do with the clinton foundation middle manning sales from canada, for example. not that i cared on literally any level.

Yep, that is the gravamen of the conspiracy, but you will notice i didn't allege it, though i'm certainly not putting it past her. My complaint is broader as indicated above.

Load Metric
    Speaking from personal experience Russians aren’t very trustworthy, but then again I could say the same thing for some of my own people

Comments

Tellafriend: Always on fleek

Load Metric
    i couldn't create a finer example of how divided our Country is than this bastard. And Hillary called millions of hard working people "deplorable" for supporting Trump. JFC. America is getting exactly what she deserves.

Video by Sports Illustrated

During an appearance Wednesday morning on "The Breakfast Club," LiAngelo Ball revealed UCLA made him thank Donald Trump during his public apology. The former Bruins player says he didn't include Trump in his initial written apology, and the school told him to mention Trump.

"If they didn't tell me to do it," Ball said. "It wouldn't have been in there."

LaVar Ball, LiAngelo's outspoken father, was next to LiAngelo during the interview and was asked if he any had any say. In other interviews, LaVar Ball has made it clear he's not sure if Trump did anything to help his son, but said he let his kid make his own decision on the subject.

LiAngelo seems to have a similar mindset, though, as he admitted he wasn't too thrilled about including Trump in his statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...yZQ?li=BBnb7Kz

Load Metric
    i couldn't create a finer example of how divided our Country is than this bastard. And Hillary called millions of hard working people "deplorable" for supporting Trump. JFC. America is getting exactly what she deserves.

Video by Sports Illustrated

During an appearance Wednesday morning on "The Breakfast Club," LiAngelo Ball revealed UCLA made him thank Donald Trump during his public apology. The former Bruins player says he didn't include Trump in his initial written apology, and the school told him to mention Trump.

"If they didn't tell me to do it," Ball said. "It wouldn't have been in there."

LaVar Ball, LiAngelo's outspoken father, was next to LiAngelo during the interview and was asked if he any had any say. In other interviews, LaVar Ball has made it clear he's not sure if Trump did anything to help his son, but said he let his kid make his own decision on the subject.

LiAngelo seems to have a similar mindset, though, as he admitted he wasn't too thrilled about including Trump in his statement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...yZQ?li=BBnb7Kz
    Why can't a hard working person have deplorable opinions?

Hillary actually said that half of Trump's supporters were deplorable, which was being charitable.

Load Metric
    One Trump ally is making plans to commercialize Trump’s downfall. Longtime Trump confidant Roger Stone told me he is working on a book titled The Unmaking of the President as part of a multi-book deal with Skyhorse Publishing. (Last fall, Skyhorse published Stone’s campaign account, The Making of the President 2016.) “I’ve been writing it as we go along,” he told me.

Stone said he got the idea to write a book chronicling Trump’s removal from office after watching how the White House responded to the Robert Mueller investigation. “It’s painfully obvious Mueller will bring charges,” Stone said. “The theory is Mueller will indict him on some process-related matter” such as obstruction of justice. “The only people who don’t seem to know it are Ty Cobb, [John] Dowd, and the president.”

Stone also believes Trump could be removed from office because he has surrounded himself with disloyal Cabinet members and other top officials. “Nikki Haley stuck a knife in his back,” Stone said, referring to her comments about Trump’s accusers. According to Stone’s back-of-the-napkin tally, only two Cabinet members would vote against invoking the 25th Amendment, the provision by which the president can be deemed unable to serve (Congress would have to vote by a two-thirds majority to remove him permanently).

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...social_twitter

Thread Information