Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

he was one before the right wing went full trump theocracy.
    Then he should admit that Trump and his supporters within the GOP have turned him from a centrist to a liberal.

But he clearly has blinders on nowadays regarding any questionable behavior, policies, or politics of the left -- especially as it relates to their criticisms and attacks upon the right.

I'm just asking vegas1369 to look in the mirror and ask himself if he's moved left. Because he definitely has.

thats not how physics works; if your position doesnt change but your place on the spectrum does due to one side sliding into extremism, it doesnt mean you've changed your position.

Comments

vegas1369: Thank you

MumblesBadly: Druff just wants those evil marijuana dealers to get life in prison!

El Gallo: Exactly
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

Yes, I still identify as a centrist.

Thing is, when you have one side constantly moving the goal post back to defend a habitual lying administration who is so painfully obvious in their cover-ups, while also choosing to vote for party over obvious truthful accusations of pedo behavior while condemning those on the left for behavior that while inappropriate, was not nearly as bad... who is allowing a man who is an obvious danger to us all, who is destroying American institutions and purposely dividing our country on a disgusting level... Allowing him to run amuck. A party who not so long ago was saying Mueller is unquestionably a man of integrity and honor and are now turning on him because he stands to fuck up their agenda in ways they never thought possible. A party who forces through a tax plan that no one was able to read or score, which will most likely mortgage our future, just because they are desperate for a win... it makes it really hard not to get pissed off about this shit...

The reason you don't hear me bitching about the left is because they are basically powerless right now and are not doing anything other than pointing out all of this nonsense . Republicans keep on bitching about Uranium One and all this other crap that really is baseless to begin with, but more importantly has NO BEARING ON ACTUAL CURRENT EVENTS! Her emails, Benghazi, Uranium One, and all that other bullshit won't mean a thing moving forward. All the fucked up bullshit the GOP is doing will.

Also, I've said many times I very rarely watch MSN because they are too far to the left and bias, and while CNN tries to be centrist and fair they are leaning more left, but I guess you either missed that or willfully ignored I've said that too.

Regarding CNN btw... They have been constantly attacked by this administration for reporting FACTS since day 1. Trump has left them no choice but to be on the defensive and constantly point out his fuckery.
    Come on, that's a cop out.

"I don't criticize the left because they're powerless now."

They're not powerless at all. They have less power than they did in recent years, but to dismiss them as a non-factor is inaccurate for so many reasons.

So let me get this straight... you think that MSNBC and CNN are too far left and avoid them for that reason, yet somehow you think FOX News and the GOP are the ones brainwashing people. See any problem with that statement?

What I'm seeing here is you hand-picking areas where you have gripes/issues with Republicans, and then claiming those are why you're criticizing only them lately.

In the meantime, you have completely abandoned ALL criticism of the left.

Sorry, but that't not centrism. Centrism means that you are in the middle of both parties' typical platforms, policies, and beliefs, and often disagree with both. While it's perfectly fine to despite a candidate on one side (such as Trump), if all of your political views seem to be anti-right and pro-left (or at least pro all the left's criticism of the right), then you're not a centrist.

On this forum, I have noticed that blake is a centrist. SrslySirius is a centrist.

While both frequently bash Trump and Republicans, both have also called out the other side when they're full of shit -- even when the other side is bashing Trump unfairly.

I don't see you ever doing that -- at least not anymore.

Look, I get it. You own a business in an industry where Democrats are far more friendly to it, and it's natural to drift to the side which supports your livelihood, even if you don't realize that's what you're doing.

I can even believe that you honestly think you're a centrist, but just happen to hate the actions of Republicans at the moment.

But if you seem to have zero criticism of the actions of the present-day left (or if your criticism is very minor and/or dispassionate), and you detest the right more every day, guess what?

You're not a centrist.
    I never said I don't watch CNN, in fact outside of reading a lot it's the American news outlet I I trust most, and its very easy pick out biased behavior. Don Lemon is extremely biased and far left... easy to see. Anderson Cooper, while he tries to be a little left of center tends to lean very far left too in his reporting, but again, this organization has been labeled the face of Fake News by Trump, and in my opinion it is unwarranted at an insane level. Please find me 3 fake news stories CNN has run with regarding the Trump administration. You can't.

Moving on... What exactly is the left doing that I should be criticizing?

Sexual harassment? Yup, fucked up. I think they're handling it well though at this point. Pelosi called for Conyer's resignation and are calling for an ethics investigation into Franken. But yes, can't be hypocritical here and they have been to some degree...

Hmm, what else can I bitch about with Dems...

I don't know... What are they doing currently that's on the news and could negatively effect our future? I honestly can't really think of anything. Maybe I need to watch more FOX News.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Then he should admit that Trump and his supporters within the GOP have turned him from a centrist to a liberal.

But he clearly has blinders on nowadays regarding any questionable behavior, policies, or politics of the left -- especially as it relates to their criticisms and attacks upon the right.

I'm just asking vegas1369 to look in the mirror and ask himself if he's moved left. Because he definitely has.

thats not how physics works; if your position doesnt change but your place on the spectrum does due to one side sliding into extremism, it doesnt mean you've changed your position.
    Anyone who can't find one bad thing to say about the left in recent times is not a centrist under any standards.

He's not saying, "I don't like where the Republican Party is going so I'm probably going to vote Democrat for awhile."

He's literally devoid of any real criticism for the left, and his political posts here are straight outta the far left playbook.

That's not centrism.

How come blake and SrslySirius have been able to make even-keeled posts despite their obvious dislike of Trump and some recent GOP practices?

It is fine if vegas1369 has moved to the left. I would just like him to acknowledge it.

Comments

Mintjewlips: SFTRUE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Has anyone here heard of PBS and a reporter named Judy Woodruff?

The whole idea behind public broadcasting is to reduce the amount of influence advertising dollars have on the subject matter.

Woodruff on her own is today's Walter Cronkite
    Huh? She is a left wing hack and been around for like 40 years. Nobody has ever suggested she is some larger than life figure. She peaked along with her husband in the 90s, she has been a hanger-on for over a decade. She is in her 70s also. Not sure why you pulled her out of a hat, but she is a has-been, for like a decade.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

it should be noted that bbc/al jazeera might not be just as bad but they are extremely close.

their coverage of the uprising in bangkok was so jarringly out of sync with the on-the-ground realities that it had to be deliberate.

I'm not saying that the Beeb is the bastion of all that is fair and neutral when it comes to reporting world news. I could give you many more instances where they have blatantly misreported events on the ground.

But when it comes to balanced reporting on domestic politics. The BBC, ITV, CH4, and Sky News all put American news stations to absolute shame.

It's night & day.

interesting. i have literally no experience with foreign media beyond the 6 months i lived in thailand, which as indicated was eye opening.

the thing to remember regarding american media is pre-trump, you had the media and then you had this pygmy thing over in jersey with fox news, who stated in court they dont even consider themselves journalist media and reserved the right to basically upcycle clickbait from alex jones etc. the only positive trump has accomplished is shocking and shaming fox news into an ongoing act of contrition vis a vis semi-accurate coverage of The Trump Situation.

post-trump, the media has one job and thats to protect the great american unwashed from being brainwashed by a portly speedfreak carnival barker.

Comments

vegas1369: Spot on

Lord of the Fraud: i read "portly speedfreak carnival barker" on a loop for several minutes

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I love how Druff is accusing me of being a liberal now without addressing any of the unavoidable beyond fucked up behavior of the GOP I pointed out to him in my initial response.

Good stuff.

Load Metric

Anyone who can't find one bad thing to say about the left in recent times is not a centrist under any standards.

He's not saying, "I don't like where the Republican Party is going so I'm probably going to vote Democrat for awhile."

He's literally devoid of any real criticism for the left, and his political posts here are straight outta the far left playbook.

That's not centrism.

How come blake and SrslySirius have been able to make even-keeled posts despite their obvious dislike of Trump and some recent GOP practices?

It is fine if vegas1369 has moved to the left. I would just like him to acknowledge it.

i think the issues facing us from the new right are an existential threat, and so far beyond anything the left ever considered putting on our plates that to not fixate on them would be nihilistic.

and i think a lot of other people feel the same way.

Comments

vegas1369: Spot on again
    Last edited by sonatine; 12-03-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Load Metric

They're not powerless at all. They have less power than they did in recent years, but to dismiss them as a non-factor is inaccurate for so many reasons.

So let me get this straight... you think that MSNBC and CNN are too far left and avoid them for that reason, yet somehow you think FOX News and the GOP are the ones brainwashing people. See any problem with that statement?

What I'm seeing here is you hand-picking areas where you have gripes/issues with Republicans, and then claiming those are why you're criticizing only them lately.

Sorry, but that't not centrism. Centrism means that you are in the middle of both parties' typical platforms, policies, and beliefs, and often disagree with both. While it's perfectly fine to despite a candidate on one side (such as Trump), if all of your political views seem to be anti-right and pro-left (or at least pro all the left's criticism of the right), then you're not a centrist.

On this forum, I have noticed that blake is a centrist. SrslySirius is a centrist.

While both frequently bash Trump and Republicans, both have also called out the other side when they're full of shit -- even when the other side is bashing Trump unfairly.

Look, I get it. You own a business in an industry where Democrats are far more friendly to it, and it's natural to drift to the side which supports your livelihood, even if you don't realize that's what you're doing.

I can even believe that you honestly think you're a centrist, but just happen to hate the actions of Republicans at the moment.

But if you seem to have zero criticism of the actions of the present-day left (or if your criticism is very minor and/or dispassionate), and you detest the right more every day, guess what?

You're not a centrist.
    I never said I don't watch CNN, in fact outside of reading a lot it's the American news outlet I I trust most, and its very easy pick out biased behavior. Don Lemon is extremely biased and far left... easy to see. Anderson Cooper, while he tries to be a little left of center tends to lean very far left too in his reporting, but again, this organization has been labeled the face of Fake News by Trump, and in my opinion it is unwarranted at an insane level. Please find me 3 fake news stories CNN has run with regarding the Trump administration. You can't.
    Name one Center-Right host M-F on CNN. You can find a couple on Saturday afternoon when nobody watches, but between 6am - 10pm Monday-Friday on CNN there is not one host that likely voted Republican the last 25 years. Not even close.

You watch CNN because you identify with them. Nothing to be ashamed of, just pointing out facts.

Load Metric
    i dont think most people on here know what left/far left means
    the democrats wouldnt be a left wing party in any civilized country
    in the uk they would probably only be left of ukip and the dup
    heck even those tory cunts would be disgusted by the democrats

Comments

gimmick:

MumblesBadly: Exactly!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You're not a centrist.

Sexual harassment? Yup, fucked up. I think they're handling it well though at this point. Pelosi called for Conyer's resignation and are calling for an ethics investigation into Franken. But yes, can't be hypocritical here and they have been to some degree...

I don't know... What are they doing currently that's on the news and could negatively effect our future? I honestly can't really think of anything. Maybe I need to watch more FOX News.
    Identity politics -- making their entire constituency that they are victims and at war with the heterosexual white male

Softness on violent crime while crime rate rises

Vilification of law enforcement

Inexplicable lies and exaggerations about Trump despite the fact that there are literally thousands of true things which are worthy of legit criticism

Longtime coverup of negative stories about party friends like Harvey Weinstein

Cheating in Presidential primaries

Support of single-payer healthcare without understanding our current healthcare model enough to know that conversion to that right now would be a disaster

Support of "compassionate release" or "rehabilitative release" of brutal murderers

Support of higher taxes, rather than an intelligent elimination of loopholes abused by the wealthy and corporations

Repeated denial of obvious truths, such as the fact that Muslims are far more likely per capita to commit terrorist acts in the US (admitting this would be "Islamophobic" lol)

Need I go on?

Comments

Mintjewlips: More like cultural Marxism...tomatoe tomato

El Gallo: This is stupid and you are not stupid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

That's not centrism.

i think the issues facing us from the new right are an existential threat, and way beyond anything the left ever considered putting on our plates that to not fixate on them would be nihilistic.

You can still be a centrist and oppose the current Administration.

I keep repeating this, but it's not getting through for some reason.

Hating the current President and those who support him shouldn't warp the rest of your political views to where they all go left.

And if you do find yourself devoid of criticism of the current left, guess what? It's time to admit you're a leftist.

Load Metric

i think the issues facing us from the new right are an existential threat, and way beyond anything the left ever considered putting on our plates that to not fixate on them would be nihilistic.

You can still be a centrist and oppose the current Administration.

I keep repeating this, but it's not getting through for some reason.

Hating the current President and those who support him shouldn't warp the rest of your political views to where they all go left.

And if you do find yourself devoid of criticism of the current left, guess what? It's time to admit you're a leftist.

This only makes sense if you deliberately ignore everything I just posted.

I cant help you with that, sorry.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post

Name one Center-Right host M-F on CNN. You can find a couple on Saturday afternoon when nobody watches, but between 6am - 10pm Monday-Friday on CNN there is not one host that likely voted Republican the last 25 years. Not even close.

You watch CNN because you identify with them. Nothing to be ashamed of, just pointing out facts.
    I just gave you the names of those hosts and said they are both far left. They also ALWAYS have a panel with equal amounts of people on both sides of the fence, and the far right dude on Cooper and Lemon's panel lately is extreme to the point where he is a Hannity puppet. Paris Dennard is a black version as well, plus Rick Santorum and many others. Both sides are equally represented on these panels and talks every night. I question whether any of you questioning CNN even watch any of it. I'm highly doubting it.

Comments

varys: Trumps sheep
    Last edited by vegas1369; 12-03-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric

Identity politics -- making their entire constituency that they are victims and at war with the heterosexual white male

Inexplicable lies and exaggerations about Trump despite the fact that there are literally thousands of true things which are worthy of legit criticism

Support of single-payer healthcare without understanding our current healthcare model enough to know that conversion to that right now would be a disaster

Support of "compassionate release" or "rehabilitative release" of brutal murderers

Support of higher taxes, rather than an intelligent elimination of loopholes abused by the wealthy and corporations

Repeated denial of obvious truths, such as the fact that Muslims are far more likely per capita to commit terrorist acts in the US (admitting this would be "Islamophobic" lol)

Need I go on?

No, you need not go on, you have more than proven you have officially been brainwashed

Comments

MumblesBadly: On this, we agree.

Tellafriend: All you have to offer is piling on. Faggot. -#scaffolding

El Gallo: This

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    democrats: "hey GOP supporters/trumpets you're brainwashed"

repubs: "no libtard, your the one thats brainwashed"

circle of life

(DYSWIDT?)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandinavian Bob View Post

I just gave you the names of those hosts and said they are both far left. They also ALWAYS have a panel with equal amounts of people on both sides of the fence, and the far right dude on Cooper and Lemon's panel lately is extreme to the point where he is a Hannity puppet. Paris Dennard is a black version as well, plus Rick Santorum and many others. Both sides are equally represented on these panels and talks every night. I question whether any of you questioning CNN even watch any of it. I'm highly doubting it.
    I watch CNN, not every day, but once or twice a week. There is not a host on air Monday-Friday that is not far left. Sure, they have a couple panel members 10 minutes every hour to give the appearance they are middle of the road. But the narrative is always anti-Trump from the hosts. CNN has blind hatred for Trump. They lead with Russia just about every day, even when there is no story, they just talk about it. They don't even allow Alan Dershowitz on anymore, who is about as liberal as anyone. Alan began speaking the truth that Trump did nothing illegal, he was basically attacked by the hosts and he is no longer welcome on the network.

CNN is a huge gift to Trump. Mark Dice has made a You-Tube career exclusively off CNN's coverage of Trump. The irony is without CNN Trump is not President. He is as important to CNN and CNN is to him. Big difference is CNN hosts come and go, Trump is in a club of 45 members past 250 years.

Load Metric
    I'm hearing Dowd is about to get disbarred.

Not many ways to spin it once you claim you posted a criminally incriminating tweet from your clients twitter account.

What an absolute burger.

Load Metric

Lightbulb

I hate this. While I agree white privilege is an issue, the far left has taken advantage of it. I also feel the far right has as well, especially middle American white males. White males are not under attack.

Agree something needs to be done here. Sessions does seem to be having an effect here, and I am all for it as long as it doesn't mean privatizing prisons and creating unreasonable sentencing structures.

The worst thing the left ever did. Obama was terrible when it came to this and race relations and I haven't seen them do much to repair it. It hasn't been much of an issue lately though, not nearly as it was while Ferguson, etc. was going on. I am all for the men in blue and while I agree there are bad apples out there, the majority of police are good people and trying to protect and serve. I think my position on this over the years has been very clear.

I'm not seeing this all that much. He's his own worst enemy and what I'm seeing is largely his own doing. Not sure what you're talking about here, need specifics.

I don't know that any democrats have been covering up these stories, haven't seen those stories. Honestly I haven't been paying attention to the sexual allegation stories all that much cause I really don't give a fuck (check for posts from me in the Weinstein thread, I don't think there is one), but if that is the case whoever was doing that is a giant scumbag in my book and should be ostracized.

Disgusting. Again, never liked Hillary, never liked that curly haired broad that rigged the DNC...

Repeal and replace without a replacement doesn't sound like a good idea to me, nor does changing things simply for a political win, especially when millions could lose insurance because of it. My politics on this issue are we need affordable insurance for all, pre existing conditions should not disqualify, but at the same time Obama care has a massive amount of flaws and there's a lot that needs to be fixed. We need both sides working on this together. If that doesn't happen this issue will never be resolved.

Don't know much about this issue, but I am definitely not for compassionate release of convicted murderers. There might be some situations that warrant compassion, but it would have to be extreme.

Agree this should be discussed. I also see the republicans completely unwilling to discuss s tax plan with democrats, so...

How many foreign Muslims have committed terrorist acts on our soil as opposed to Americans? I dont think democrats are saying there isn't a problem with Muslim extremists, I think they're just saying let's put things in perspective and realize we have a much larger problem within our own country with mass shootings.

Need I go on?

Sure
    Answers above. All of these are "issues" and not "current events". No one is really talking about issues in this thread, or in the news since Trump forcibly dominates it daily. I am here commenting on current events I read about or see on thr news on a daily basis, none of which are ever about any of the issues you brought up.

Load Metric
    Wow, I've never seen a grown man get verbally bitch slapped like that.....kudos Todd....

Comments

cleatus: prick protector

Muck Ficon: You get bitch slapped in almost every post you make...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Thread Information