Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The whole "Trump is a racist because white supremacists support him" argument is a flawed one.

Support of a candidate by a reprehensible group is not necessarily support of the group by the candidate.

I don't believe Trump's "Make America Great Again" was about racism. Perhaps it resonated with racists and white supremacists, but I don't believe that was the intent.

Trump's election message was basically to put America first, to stop giving a shit about political correctness, to stop caring about problems in other countries (hence all the talk about the wall and the Muslim ban), and basically take the attitude of, "We have to think about ourselves and stop worrying about everyone else."

That was the message.

Bring jobs back. Stop allowing terrorists in the country through refugee admittance programs. Seal up the border with Mexico. Crack down on violent crime.

Those were the messages. Nothing had to do with white supremacy or racism, or even homophobia or that matter.

However, white supremacist groups misread the message as, "Bring America back to the days when white people ruled everyone else", and they were delighted.

A fair criticism of Trump was that he didn't disavow support from these groups, and instead seemed happy with any group speaking positively of him, even if he didn't agree with the goals or views of these groups.

But I think this came from a place of narcissism with Trump, rather than a place of hate or quiet racism.

Now here come the red reps from various PFA left wingers who ding me every time I post something which disagrees with their Trump-is-always-the-devil narrative:

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: well, if you insist

El Gallo: Sure thing man

varys: You are the new worst person on earth

ToasterOven: ugh

Wiganer: To they that hath

Sloppy Joe: Such a sheep apologist

duped_samaritan: Strawman rep

GambleBotsSatire: toot toot

IAmProfessionalTalk: Lakers +675

tony bagadonuts: Bucking the sheeple red train

Muck Ficon: Come on Druff....really?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The whole "Trump is a racist because white supremacists support him" argument is a flawed one.

Support of a candidate by a reprehensible group is not necessarily support of the group by the candidate.

I don't believe Trump's "Make America Great Again" was about racism. Perhaps it resonated with racists and white supremacists, but I don't believe that was the intent.

Trump's election message was basically to put America first, to stop giving a shit about political correctness, to stop caring about problems in other countries (hence all the talk about the wall and the Muslim ban), and basically take the attitude of, "We have to think about ourselves and stop worrying about everyone else."

That was the message.

Bring jobs back. Stop allowing terrorists in the country through refugee admittance programs. Seal up the border with Mexico. Crack down on violent crime.

Those were the messages. Nothing had to do with white supremacy or racism, or even homophobia or that matter.

However, white supremacist groups misread the message as, "Bring America back to the days when white people ruled everyone else", and they were delighted.

A fair criticism of Trump was that he didn't disavow support from these groups, and instead seemed happy with any group speaking positively of him, even if he didn't agree with the goals or views of these groups.

But I think this came from a place of narcissism with Trump, rather than a place of hate or quiet racism.

Now here come the red reps from various PFA left wingers who ding me every time I post something which disagrees with their Trump-is-always-the-devil narrative:
    not sure if you're referring to my questions to zap, but i never stated that trump is racist because white supremacist groups support him. i simply asked him why he thought they viewed him as a messiah... which he still refuses to answer.

i can even buy that trump isn't a "deliberate racist", meaning he doesn't consciously say things or advance policies with the intent of hurting minorities. maybe he doesn't think he's a racist. i can't say what's in his heart.

what i do think, though, is that he is uniquely tone-deaf to how what he says comes across to minorities. no doubt, part of this is just stupidity. he also has no filter and lacks the attention span and impulse control needed to think about the consequences of his words before saying him -- absolutely atrocious characteristics for a president.

at the very least, he may be the most racially insensitive person we've ever had in office in recent years.

maybe MAGA wasn't meant to be a dog whistle to racists. however, any mildly intelligent person would understand that white supremacists would 100% think otherwise, and that minority groups would hate the slogan.

again, if he didn't recognize that, he's too stupid to be president

Load Metric

That was the message.

You say that, but have you seen his Twitter this morning... nothing but anti Muslim videos.... dude, a post of a Muslim guy breaking a statue of the Virgin Mary and another of a young Muslim guy beating up a guy on crutches and another of them throwing a guy off a building..., What the fuck is going on! How is that not being a fucking racist?
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Can you fucking imagine if he retweeted a video showing a christian shooting someone or beating up a cripple with the headlines “CHRISTIAN beats up cripple” or “CHRISTIAN shoots baby”

He would be removed instantaneously.

Or a BLM video saying “Dirty cop shoots innocent black man”

Comments

varys: Or jews
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post

That was the message.

You say that, but have you seen his Twitter this morning... nothing but anti Muslim videos.... dude, a post of a Muslim guy breaking a statue of the Virgin Mary and another of a young Muslim guy beating up a guy on crutches and another of them throwing a guy off a building..., What the fuck is going on! How is that not being a fucking racist?
    i don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that this guy is so intellectually defective, that he doesn't even recognize what he's saying. i'm on the fence between full blown retard and racist retard with a dash of late stage dementia

Comments

MumblesBadly: Early stage

Load Metric
    Wait...are you debating if Donald Trump is a racist or not? Seriously?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Too many talentless linear thinkers ITT

Comments

Tellafriend: so, so many

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

Bro did u see the killer new cast of lion king??

Load Metric

That was the message.

Keep in mind to that all those videos are very old. It's not like this is news. Trump is either an idiot or a racist. It's sad to see people defend him. Again the difference between Hillary supporters and trump supporters is that Hillary supporters have the ability to criticize and turn on her. Trump supporters needlessly try and justify every action and make excuses for it...

Comments

MumblesBadly: Can't he be both?

Platinum
    Load Metric

Ok. Fine. Trump is a racist. I am a racist. You are a racist. In fact, 99% of the people living in this country are racists the way the term is thrown around now.

Now what?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

Bro did u see the killer new cast of lion king??
    Didn't you see, they casted a couple white comedian to play the comedic cuck characters, so it is all good. Nothing to see here. I am surprised they didn't hire a white person to voice Scar too. Although Scar is actually portrayed as having some intelligence, so I guess that goes against the trope.

Comments

thesidedish: "Seriously an amazing cast." - cuckdeluxeB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Keep in mind to that all those videos are very old. It's not like this is news. Trump is either an idiot or a racist. It's sad to see people defend him. Again the difference between Hillary supporters and trump supporters is that Hillary supporters have the ability to criticize and turn on her. Trump supporters needlessly try and justify every action and make excuses for it...

The Dutch video literally involves 2 Dutch nationals.

The twat who lashed that kid off the roof (in Egypt) has already been executed after receiving the death penalty in a sovereign court of law.

Some raghead smashes a statue on the floor.

He's the worst leader of any country on the whole planet.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Keep in mind to that all those videos are very old. It's not like this is news.
    They're not even factual. The person attacking the guy on crutches is neither an immigrant nor a Muslim.

Load Metric
    if directed to me, i think he's a racist but also don't want people to lose sight of his other shortcomings like mental illness and retardation.

Load Metric
    he's also got terrible hair

Comments

varys: Worst hair

Load Metric
    Trump and Piers Morgan are pals. He's basically the only Brit within the MSM that ever has his back.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Trump and Piers Morgan are pals. He's basically the only Brit within the MSM that ever has his back.

After today I don’t see how every reasonable human being doesn’t turn on him or at the very minimum finally see him for who he really is and has been all along.

Comments

thesidedish: Cringe "every reasonable human being" line

Lord of the Fraud: offset that mutt

Load Metric
    with the way he's spiraling lately, i'm reaaaaalll tempted to take bets with members here that the tax bill will not get passed. i would have thought that was impossible, but i'm beginning to think it's closer to 50/50

Load Metric
    jesus, i didn't realize who this "britain first" group is, whose videos trump tweeted today.

but apparently even one of the editors of infowars thinks this was a mistake

but, at least one guy has his back

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    with the way he's spiraling lately, i'm reaaaaalll tempted to take bets with members here that the tax bill will not get passed. i would have thought that was impossible, but i'm beginning to think it's closer to 50/50

Oh god no I was never expecting it to pass

Thread Information