Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Once this tax bill fails considering the latest stances of the Trump administration backing someone who is perceived by the GOP establishment to be a pedophile, and the flagrant abundant racism, constant undermining, and outright insanity via Tweets, plus the obvious collusion that continues to come to light, I don't think it's a far fetched notion anymore that the GOP turns on him in the semi near future and moves to impeach.

That is if Mueller doesn't blow the whole thing wide open before then.

I think they are going to pass the tax bill somehow, for all the reasons you just described. TL;DR we should be so lucky that they dont.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Once this tax bill fails considering the latest stances of the Trump administration backing someone who is perceived by the GOP establishment to be a pedophile, and the flagrant abundant racism, constant undermining, and outright insanity via Tweets, plus the obvious collusion that continues to come to light, I don't think it's a far fetched notion anymore that the GOP turns on him in the semi near future and moves to impeach.

Tax bill is gonna pass.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    why don't u guys try to figure this stuff out? politics is much easier when u can just play the race card immediately huh

Comments

El Gallo: Excusing his racism

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post

Tax bill is gonna pass.

Load Metric
    Flynn no longer sharing info with Trump lawyers

uh oh

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Flynn no longer sharing info with Trump lawyers

uh oh

big dick no longer reading yesterdays posts

UH OH

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Been a very busy few days...I will catch up. Happy tg

Comments

sonatine: gobble gobble

Diamond
    Load Metric
    El Gallo: Excusing his racism

FOUND SOMETHING FOR U

https://www.wonderbible.com/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    why don't u guys try to figure this stuff out? politics is much easier when u can just play the race card immediately huh

So your defense is that Trump is just a senile idiot?

The fact remains that Trump was reading a post about what a massive racist he is, and then wanted to post MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN as his reply.

Load Metric
    It has obv always meant white again.
    Trump and Bannon's success has been based on reaching out to millions of people who were too dumb to grasp the Republican party's previously subtle racism.

Comments

OSA: I DONT THINK I HAVE EVER HATED SOMEONE FROM A FORUM AS MUCH AS I HATE YOU. HOWS THAT FOR SUBTLE

vegas1369: Offset the worst human on the board red reppiing you rep

Wiganer: Offset doubler

ToasterOven: truth

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: if only black people voted every state would be a blue state.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post

So your defense is that Trump is just a senile idiot?

The fact remains that Trump was reading a post about what a massive racist he is, and then wanted to post MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN as his reply.

No that's not a fact, it's a coincidence most likely. I don't remember him not tweeting MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN on a holiday

Load Metric
    the lack of definitive analysis of the tax plan is frankly astounding.

the only consistent theme about it is 'give corporations tax breaks and they will reinvest that money into worker salaries' but every single corporate rep anyone can find is telling anyone who will listen that any tax break generated funds are going to get immediately reinvested into the market, which is doubly hilarious considering exactly zero (0) working class americans benefit from those investments or the market itself.

beyond that everything is just musical chairs with various deductables being inflated / deflated like the Grand Ol Pedos are just playing a Times Square shell game with working class outrage, with a .1% tax break cherry on top because of course the only way to get Trump interested is to somehow offer him money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

the only consistent theme about it is 'give corporations tax breaks and they will reinvest that money into worker salaries' but every single corporate rep anyone can find is telling anyone who will listen that any tax break generated funds are going to get immediately reinvested into the market, which is doubly hilarious considering exactly zero (0) working class americans benefit from those investments or the market itself.

beyond that everything is just musical chairs with various deductables being inflated / deflated like the Grand Ol Pedos are just playing a Times Square shell game with working class outrage, with a .1% tax break cherry on top because of course the only way to get Trump interested is to somehow offer him money.
    Saying the GOP tax plan will cause businesses owners and corporations to reinvest money saved from tax cuts back into their businesses in the forms of higher salaries and more jobs as opposed to spending it in other areas, including on themselves, is wishful thinking at best and has never worked. It's amazing that people continue to fall for it. Actually, it's not amazing, it's just fucking sad.

Load Metric

re: analysis: i'd call this the IRS Dumb Down Tax act -- right now 70% of the returns filed are non-itemized short forms, the changes are expected to expand that percentage to over 90%...meaning there will be fewer workers needed to examine returns and computers can do a larger percentage by matching to W2, 1099's etc...indeed the government has decided to go dumb down after 15 years of understaffing IRS auditors and 8 years of preference for minority hiring and advancement policies under Obama...meanwhile, little is being done to address the "tax gap" caused by non-compliance arising mostly from self-employed business owners...it is estimated that 1 in 5 tax dollars are lost due to the gap

re: stock ownership: in 2013 80% of US stocks were owned by 10% of the public...while 35% of the public owned at least some when retirement funds are included in the ownership stats...

https://www.theglobalist.com/u-s-sto...owns-benefits/
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 11-24-2017 at 10:06 AM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

re: stock ownership: in 2013 80% of US stocks were owned by 10% of the public...while 35% of the public owned at least some when retirement funds are included in the ownership stats...

interesting! how much of trump's working class base benefit from a healthy market tho? i have no statistical evidence to back up what im about to say, so if im wrong mea culpa etc, but if i had to guess id say that the overwhelming majority of those public owned stocks & retirement funds are owned by people in coastal 'blue' enclaves with healthy tech sectors.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post

interesting! how much of trump's working class base benefit from a healthy market tho? i have no statistical evidence to back up what im about to say, so if im wrong mea culpa etc, but if i had to guess id say that the overwhelming majority of those public owned stocks & retirement funds are owned by people in coastal 'blue' enclaves with healthy tech sectors.
    that is a hard one to figure...may be right because New York, Mass, Calif generally have more high income people...however, in major urban centers (New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco) real estate is so damn expensive that home ownership represents a substantial percentage of wealth accumulated---most people in LA, SF are real estate rich and cash poor while in other parts of the country the reverse is true (a large percentage of wealth is held in financial investments)
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

Saying the GOP tax plan will cause businesses owners and corporations to reinvest money saved from tax cuts back into their businesses in the forms of higher salaries and more jobs as opposed to spending it in other areas, including on themselves, is wishful thinking at best and has never worked. It's amazing that people continue to fall for it. Actually, it's not amazing, it's just fucking sad.
    For some strange reason we've been convinced that giving more to the rich, helps the poor.

Does anyone actually buy this theory?... of course most will spend the extra money in a typically greedy manner, human nature and all.

Name:  tgyjnty.JPG
Views: 310
Size:  52.0 KB

Load Metric

Just have fox news say it a few times and it becomes a very easy sell

Comments

vegas1369: Yep

Load Metric
    From my personal perspective, and I say this as an employer who worked on the other side of the aisle the vast majority of my adult life and am inherently more generous with my staff than most... Cutting our taxes and improving our margins isn't going to trickle down to the employees, at least not in any sort of meaningful way. Will it allow for expansion and growth that will in turn lead to more jobs? Possibly, but that would mean a greater demand is created. Demand for goods and services isn't created by cutting taxes. All that happens is the rich get richer.

The only reason to cut taxes for businesses is to help them compete with other countries like China... But no matter how much taxes are cut, it won't change the fact that Chinese labor is a fraction of what American labor is, and that ain't changing anytime soon, if ever. We won't ever be able to compete with them. And if greater margins are created for businesses, well, to me all that means is rich people will be hoarding more cash in overseas bank accounts...

The only thing trickling down is the gizz...

Load Metric
    wait have you been spelling jizz gizz ur whole life

Comments

GambleBotsSatire: gizzed all over his jook face

Thread Information