Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Well all the black people getting killed by cops didnt get enough attention, what more peaceful, reasonable way to call attention to this issue have you come up with?

Despite you thinking its childish, you have to admit that they have at least succeeded in some way by making it national news and exposed some real dumbfucks, one that runs the country even.
    I would go with something that isn't blatantly antagonistic. Gestures like this and blocking highways are childish because they have zero value in attracting allies (just the opposite) and only serve to make oneself feel good about being rebellious. Like a child throwing a tantrum.

There's lots of shitty things you can do for attention, but the vague goal of "spreading awareness" doesn't really accomplish much.

I say this as someone predisposed to being very anti-police.
    I think the message here is "we tried it your way and cops still assassinate us in broad daylight with zero repercussions, so now its time for this."

Comments

varys: Durrr

MumblesBadly: :this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    oh for god sakes plz dont act like cops just run up and shoot black people like be better i know ur fatter but be better

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    oh for god sakes plz dont act like cops just run up and shoot black people like be better i know ur fatter but be better
    You are a busy little beaver tonight.

Load Metric
    As a former rabid NFL fan, I can attest that just one season off really breaks the spell. I now give zero shits about football, and it seems that an increasing number of people around my age feel similarly. This ratings slump is nothing new, it has been stagnating for a few years now.

If Trump does manage to encourage boycotts, the league may have a hard time winning those fans back. This could hasten the decline that was already underway.

Meanwhile, live sports is the sole reason many consumers continue giving shitty cable companies their business. A hit to NFL viewership could seriously damage subscriber numbers as well. Americans are already cord-cutting by the millions each year.

I think protesting the national anthem is childish and counterproductive to the goals of social justice, but I'm fascinated to see how this all plays out.
    I think President Trump should stay out of this issue in this capacity. The NFL is an American business with several small satellite businesses surrounding each team. No reason to hurt these people. This is more of a Limbaugh or Hannity thing to do. If the President sees this truly being a problem, then use the executive order power & shut down the season. President Carter kept us out of the 1980 Olympics. Don't know if he used an executive order & the issues are very different. Actually one of the few things Carter got right during his term.

Also the President sets himself up here. What if the liberal snowflakes decide to buy up the tickets & go to the games to fill the stadiums just to make PT look bad. If they will pay $149 to see Billy Joel, someone their parents listened to & march crying about their white privilege, these knuckle heads(well funded knuckle heads) will do any thing.

Truth is, this is another vote killing, losing issue for the democrats. It is amazing how stupid the left has become. Not the party of FDR & JFK anymore. Its irritating as hell but I think politically the best thing to do is let this shit fester.

If your enemy is trying to hang himself, do you take the rope from him?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    As a former rabid NFL fan, I can attest that just one season off really breaks the spell. I now give zero shits about football, and it seems that an increasing number of people around my age feel similarly. This ratings slump is nothing new, it has been stagnating for a few years now.

If Trump does manage to encourage boycotts, the league may have a hard time winning those fans back. This could hasten the decline that was already underway.

Meanwhile, live sports is the sole reason many consumers continue giving shitty cable companies their business. A hit to NFL viewership could seriously damage subscriber numbers as well. Americans are already cord-cutting by the millions each year.

I think protesting the national anthem is childish and counterproductive to the goals of social justice, but I'm fascinated to see how this all plays out.
    I think President Trump should stay out of this issue in this capacity. The NFL is an American business with several small satellite businesses surrounding each team. No reason to hurt these people. This is more of a Limbaugh or Hannity thing to do. If the President sees this truly being a problem, then use the executive order power & shut down the season. President Carter kept us out of the 1980 Olympics. Don't know if he used an executive order & the issues are very different. Actually one of the few things Carter got right during his term.

Also the President sets himself up here. What if the liberal snowflakes decide to buy up the tickets & go to the games to fill the stadiums just to make PT look bad. If they will pay $149 to see Billy Joel, someone their parents listened to & march crying about their white privilege, these knuckle heads(well funded knuckle heads) will do any thing.

Truth is, this is another vote killing, losing issue for the democrats. It is amazing how stupid the left has become. Not the party of FDR & JFK anymore. Its irritating as hell but I think politically the best thing to do is let this shit fester.

trump is going to continue to fan every flame he can find, because the alternative discussion waiting for him is 'the russia thing'.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    You are a busy little beaver tonight.

ur hacky bar food needs to be called out like applebees has ur joint crushed in terms of presentation

Load Metric

speaking of rope....

Comments

varys: Too small for his neckrolls but not bad

Load Metric
    you are a busy little retard tonight

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

It's ridiculous to think cops would do that. Honestly the number one thing cops care about is their safety. Most cops I know approach blacks slowly from the safety of their vehicle before before shooting them.

Load Metric
    are you gonna be ok crybaby

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

trump is going to continue to fan every flame he can find, because the alternative discussion waiting for him is 'the russia thing'.

Name:  280ac450-52aa-4089-aaa1-497b068c87f3_560_420.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  22.8 KB

cmon bro, everybody knows its the Nazis we need to be worried about

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Red for retard

herbertstemple: Green rep for don't forget about the muslims.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Sloppy Joe: Red for retard

lol so corrupt that foreigners got fed so much "OMG RUSSIA" fake news. I tried asking them what they thought at the wsop about trump and they would say "I just think its f'd up how Russia got him elected"

Load Metric
    dish getting mega tilted by red rep from toddlers on todgers site is hilarious

Load Metric
    i mean yes you deserve it but still

Load Metric
    you suck

Load Metric
    rofl you are literal trash but keep it up

Load Metric
    at least I don't suck
    how did you know it was you I was talking to?

Load Metric
    you dont suck?

Load Metric

He can't do that.
    HILLARY WON

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

I disagree with your opinion on most political issues, but I agree with this. Trump would much rather have the NFL protests be the headline on CNN and the NYT than anything Russia related, healthcare related, budget, trying to get rid of the estate tax, etc.

I do find it sad that people are now protesting the flag as a proxy to protest Trump. I think the American flag is a lot bigger than him and anything he stands for, and stands for something a lot bigger, and people should find some other way to protest.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Bingo Rep

Thread Information