Page 847 of 2149 FirstFirst ... 34774779783784384484584684784884985085185789794713471847 ... LastLast
Results 16,921 to 16,940 of 42965

Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Bannon literally threatened to quit if he was punted off the NSC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/u...nnon.html?_r=0

the interesting thing going on here is that it looks like there's a battle going on between bannon and the one person who cannot be fired, jared kushner.

i would have thought there wasn't much too this, but breitbart itself, aka bannon's mouthpiece, is spreading this and going hard after kushner with multiple negative stories

POLITICO: Kushner Clashing with Bannon over ‘Desire to Deconstruct the Government’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ct-government/

Roger Stone: Jared Kushner Leaking Anti-Bannon Stories to MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...e-scarborough/

i don't see this as a battle that bannon's going to win

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

the interesting thing going on here is that it looks like there's a battle going on between bannon and the one person who cannot be fired, jared kushner.

i would have thought there wasn't much too this, but breitbart itself, aka bannon's mouthpiece, is spreading this and going hard after kushner with multiple negative stories

POLITICO: Kushner Clashing with Bannon over ‘Desire to Deconstruct the Government’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ct-government/

Roger Stone: Jared Kushner Leaking Anti-Bannon Stories to MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...e-scarborough/

i don't see this as a battle that bannon's going to win

kushner v bannon started like 2 months ago at least.

bannon threatening to walk off the job if he doesnt get his way and still getting the gas face is new and interesting, especially considering the tea party itself is hamstringing (literally) every single agenda trump has by refusing to let him tweak obamacare to get his budget off the ground.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

I'm pretty conservative and I'd sign up for this plan right now. I see these mexicans first hand in Florida. I love them too. They work their asses off and don't cause trouble. The problem is the ones in South America that are using Mexico to come in. Mexico isn't the problem. Drugs from Mexico are a different story.

Death is extreme but it clears out our prison system and these are the worst of the worst. Need to give them an incentive not to come back. By deporting them there is no guarantee they will be imprisoned in their home countries so it is a win for them.
    substitute lengthy prison sentences instead of death, and make it only for violent felons, and that may actually get bipartisan support if such a thing is even possible anymore

Henry: bipartisan support... blake are you out of your fucking mind? the idea is as retardedly simplistic as when trump was drawing imaginary lines in the air with his fingers to solve healthcare.
    i think i'm like a week late responding to this so no one probably cares anymore, but you all have to post responses and not just put them in rep or i won't see them.

anyway henry, if you don't think democrats would consider accepting a deal that would give amnesty to all illegal immigrants as well as immigrants here legally (i.e., 4,000,000 more democratic votes and control of the government for generations) in exchange for an absolutely meaningless wall (which they already agreed to build years ago anyway.....) and harsh prison sentences for violent felons that re-enter the country, i don't know what to tell you. the genius of this move would be that the dems would be controlling the government for years to come and would obv just eliminate the prison sentence part.

MumblesBadly: Clears out our prisons??? You are a fucking idiot! It costs multiples the amount to keep non-lifer inmates and they are a small fraction of total prison pop. (Facepalm!)
    i think you repped the wrong person. pooh said that, not me

Comments

Henry: ok so why do R's agree then? i still think its oversimplifying a complicated issue and a childish view of the way government works

Load Metric
    except of course the wall cant be built without a budget in play.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Lol at Breitbart being bannons mouthpiece, kinda ironic that bannon is accused of being antisemitic yet he apoints a jew to head editor.....jesus you guys are horrible at connecting dots.

Comments

FPS_Russia: Bannon's Mossad, in Israel he has a office down the street from Bibi
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric

I don't intend to spoil your fun here. However, I actually give a shit about this development.

Bannon was on the NSC to keep an eye on Flynn, as the story states. Bannon has no history of foreign policy interest or experience and rarely attended any meetings.

McMaster was a great pick. If you offer him the top position he certainly gets to pick his people.

I am wary of team Trump's love of generals. However, McMaster has a solid record of criticism of US military action directed by politicians. He wrote 2 books, one critical of the Viet Nam fiasco and another critical of our 26 year fumbling of Iraq.

April 1991
    Just weeks earlier, the officer and his troops had been part of the wave of U.S. forces that drove Saddam Hussein's Iraqi military out of Kuwait. The Americans kept advancing, pushing some 150 miles into southern Iraq — but then they received orders to halt in place.

The captain and his men sat and watched from a distance as Saddam's army regrouped and crushed an uprising by Shiite rebels in Nasiriya and other cities throughout southern Iraq.

"The rebel leaders begged us for weapons," said the captain, explaining that he was not allowed to help them. Later, the rebels returned and pleaded with the U.S. forces to simply drive into the city, believing that would scare out the Iraqi army. "All we could do was wish them luck," the American officer said.

That captain was H.R. McMaster, then just 28.]
    But as McMaster knows all too well, military victories in Iraq are ephemeral without a political solution that follows. It's a lesson he's relearned many times over the past 26 years.
    The Middle East is a fiasco with no end. A whole generation of kids were born during US carpet bombing and have a pretty good fix on who killed their families. Nothing short of economic prosperity will thwart the only thing that gives their hopeless existence purpose.

You'll see some of them in your local subway soon.

McMaster should reign Trump in on issues like North Korea. Otherwise, who da fuck knows what would happen.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-05-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ok we can breath a sigh of relief, finally someone on TV broke ranks w Hillary. Maher tell's Hillary to "stay in the woods" lol.

Neera Tandin tries to pull some SJW bs and gets shut down. She managed to make Rick Santorum seem reasonable for a moment.

I was reading some right wing forums, there's no support for military action in Syria. Everyone's skeptical of the claims Assad did the chem attacks. McCain and graham are calling for war, no surprise there.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 04-05-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I don't intend to spoil your fun here. However, I actually give a shit about this development.

Bannon was on the NSC to keep an eye on Flynn, as the story states. Bannon has no history of foreign policy interest or experience and rarely attended any meetings.

McMaster was a great pick. If you offer him the top position he certainly gets to pick his people.

I am wary of team Trump's love of generals. However, McMaster has a solid record of criticism of US military action directed by politicians. He wrote 2 books, one critical of the Viet Nam fiasco and another critical of our 26 year fumbling of Iraq.

April 1991
    Just weeks earlier, the officer and his troops had been part of the wave of U.S. forces that drove Saddam Hussein's Iraqi military out of Kuwait. The Americans kept advancing, pushing some 150 miles into southern Iraq — but then they received orders to halt in place.

The captain and his men sat and watched from a distance as Saddam's army regrouped and crushed an uprising by Shiite rebels in Nasiriya and other cities throughout southern Iraq.

"The rebel leaders begged us for weapons," said the captain, explaining that he was not allowed to help them. Later, the rebels returned and pleaded with the U.S. forces to simply drive into the city, believing that would scare out the Iraqi army. "All we could do was wish them luck," the American officer said.

That captain was H.R. McMaster, then just 28.]
    But as McMaster knows all too well, military victories in Iraq are ephemeral without a political solution that follows. It's a lesson he's relearned many times over the past 26 years.
    The Middle East is a fiasco with no end. A whole generation of kids were born during US carpet bombing and have a pretty good fix on who killed their families. Nothing short of economic prosperity will thwart the only thing that gives their hopeless existence purpose.

You'll see some of them in your local subway soon.

McMaster should reign Trump in on issues like North Korea. Otherwise, who da fuck knows what would happen.
    Word. What would you do if the rocket launcher was on the other foot? To hell with the local iMam I'm taking on all comers and will save a tiny bit extra for the American capitalist pigs.

The battle will never mean what it does to the local. Your hairless pig leader thinks the big bomb threat will be a worry to a life that knows only of external interference/dictatorship.

Load Metric
    I can't sleep. I haven't been able to read much news the past few days so correct any errors or better yet give me some opinions / analysis.

re: Trump's foreign policy

----------------------------------------------------------------------

it's interesting that Trump does a 180 on Syria now that he has all this child blood on his hands.

Marco Rubio said it best “It’s my belief that if you’re Bashar al-Assad and you read that it is no longer a priority of the United States to have you removed from power, I believe that that is an incentive to act with impunity"

It was the Obama administrations policy that Assad needed to go. That's what Hillary argued too. And Rubio and Jeb, etc.

I remember during the debates Trump saying "we let Assad fight Isis" and Jeb saying "it's not a board game, Donald".

This whole learning on the job thing is costly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another point of disagreement in foreign policy between the Trump administration and the Obama administration is with Egypt's leader. Obama wouldn't meet with him. The dictator and former general in the military who took over the country from their elected president. Murdered hundreds of protesters by slaughtering them with machine guns in the streets. Eliminated the free press. Imprisoned thousands of opponents to his dictatorship.

Trump met him and praised him.

We know Trump is thinking of this guy as a transaction pawn, what's he want out of him?

He offers very little serious military support and arming this guy would come back to bite us.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Trump has tried to strong arm North Korea, who directly responded by firing a ballistic missile into Japanese waters.

“Well, if China is not going to solve North Korea, we will"

Well we can't do it with sanctions on North Korea. They don't need us when 70% of their economy is with China, and oil comes in via Russia. If he sanctions China he starts an economic war.

So is he talking military action?

North Korea currently has nukes 2/3 the capacity Hiroshima, and they swear they are willing to preemptively fire at Japan. We could preemptively take out those nukes but then South Korea's capital is 30 miles from the border of North Korea and half of the 25 million live there. We wouldn't be able to destroy the heavy weapons North Korea has in time to save the capital from being lit up.

So what does Trump mean when he says we will solve North Korea?

I guess we'll know more Friday when China's leader visits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Then there's our western allies. He printed out a fake invoice for Merkel. He made things hard for May by announcing a racist travel ban as she left that she was asked to defend.

Support our true allies, don't focus so hard on winning trade deals with them and forget the long term goals we share with them. Freedom from oppression for all.

It'e been an interesting first 80 days, just 1400 remaining.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

I was reading some right wing forums, there's no support for military action in Syria. Everyone's skeptical of the claims Assad did the chem attacks. McCain and graham are calling for war, no surprise there.
    The US is incapable of providing any solution in Syria.

If we are intent on providing the final solution US style then choose up teams and let's just do this like old skool Allies v Axis

Load Metric
    Was watching the Sawks home opener the other day. Brady chasing Gronk around the field trying to retrieve his Super Bowl jersey from him. Fun.

Then you have a couple F18's doing a flyover of the park with a battalion of military & veterans standing near the Green Monster under an unfurled giant American flag.

These displays are more often than not paid promotions by the Armed Forces and this time John Henry took the dough.

Fuck that shit.

Sooner than later during the course of Trump's term(s) the financial bubble is gonna lose some steam. A pretty interesting failure today I might add.

When the only bright spot in Trump's term vanishes nothing will rally the Republican Party and the country behind him like a good old fashioned military action against an undisputed adversary. North Korea would be ideal.

Absent a guy like McMaster, who seems willing to exercise truth to power, Trump is going to be susceptible and maybe inclined to garner support through military action. His current problems will fade, be forgotten and maybe forgiven.

Standard play.

Load Metric
    Human beings are fucked up.....what else is new?
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this thread is dead

Comments

Henry: No it's not cause Mama Cass and Johnny D are bringing it BACK

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm just going to come out and say it, 90% chance Mossad did the attack in Syria.
    They want us in Syria to take out Assad, they want us against Russia, we are their bitch and have been for decades. The media and govts coordinated rapid rush to war, neocon infiltration.

How come the MSM rarely shows the dead kids in other news pieces. This time it's like watching faces of death and shit. We've killed a thousand civilians under Trump I don't remember seeing any of them. A war for Israel situation and you can't escape the pale dead kids, no way

Supposedly they didn't do one gas attack, they doubled back and attacked the hospitals and first responders as to create maximum international outrage. Yea sure it was Assad.

A couple recent headlines
    Haaretz
    Israeli Air Force Strikes Targets in Syria; Assad Forces Threaten 'Direct' Retaliation
    Syria deploys air defense system, fires missiles at Israel Air Force jets; Israeli missile defense system intercepts missile north of Jerusalem.

Amos Harel, Gili Cohen and Jack Khoury Mar 17, 2017 1:29 PM
    2 weeks later Israel's big dumb bitch (USA) is ready to attack Syria, surely a coincidence.
    Haaretz
    Syria Chemical Attack Approved by Highest Levels of Assad Regime, Israel Believes
    Sources in Israel say they believe the assault in Syria was intended to convey a threatening message to rebel groups against the backdrop of growing confidence in the regime's stability.
    read more: http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/syria/1.781564
    Oh if you say so Bibi, ok lets go to war guys.

Oh and Rubio McCain and Graham the three of the biggest war for Israel politicians are calling for war, blaming assad. Fuck that I don't believe em.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 04-06-2017 at 02:32 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Lol at Breitbart being bannons mouthpiece, kinda ironic that bannon is accused of being antisemitic yet he apoints a jew to head editor.....jesus you guys are horrible at connecting dots.
    and andrew breitbart himself was jewish, i think. i don't think bannon's anti-semitic fwiw

Load Metric
    If the Obama administration altered the fabric of our government so the republicans could be totally excluded from governance, would there or would there not be armed insurrection by sundown?

Silver
    Load Metric
    There needs to be term limits on all of these a-hole scumbags. Won't solve a whole lot but certainly a good start.

Load Metric
    If the Obama administration altered the fabric of our government so the republicans could be totally excluded from governance, would there or would there not be armed insurrection by sundown?
    if we're being honest, dems would have filibustered anyone trump nominated that wasn't a democrat, so they pretty much forced this move.

and yes, merrick garland should have been confirmed, but the dems are just as bad (or even worse) by filibustering gorsuch, who is supremely qualified for the position.

there used to be a time when the senate would vote on the basis of qualifications and not ideology. for god's sake, antonin scalia was confirmed 98-0. those days are long gone

Thread Information