Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    “Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh,” the paper noted. “After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.”
    Can you really fault the guy for asking? I mean, he is serious about keeping out “murderers and rapists” from “shithole countries”. Plus shooting people who throw rocks is something his favorite other country does on a regular basis, something even Druff probably approves of.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    “Privately, the president had often talked about fortifying a border wall with a water-filled trench, stocked with snakes or alligators, prompting aides to seek a cost estimate. He wanted the wall electrified, with spikes on top that could pierce human flesh,” the paper noted. “After publicly suggesting that soldiers shoot migrants if they threw rocks, the president backed off when his staff told him that was illegal. But later in a meeting, aides recalled, he suggested that they shoot migrants in the legs to slow them down. That’s not allowed either, they told him.”
    similar story...
    you know back in the day anyone trying to leave Slovakia with out permission would find them selvs having to cross a big wide river filled with sewage and if you managed to make it across there were snipers happy to shoot you in the face or where ever was handy, while crawling through barbed wire and then a fucking big tall fence with skin piercing spikes at the top for good measure lol communists. oddly enough if you did manage to make it out the Austrians would welcome you with open arms a hot meal and a helping hand. almost exactly the same eh?
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL Archers!

Load Metric
    Jesus Christ.

The man truly is a genius.

Load Metric
    jesus christ pompeo was literally on the ukraine call he said he had no knowledge of a week ago.
    Interesting take on how Giuliani is throwing Pompeo and Trumpian members of the State Department under the bus after the State Department claimed that Guiliani was acting in his own when meeting with Ukrainians to get them to help Trump get dirt in Biden’s son.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Did you miss how one of the topics Trump had with Ukraine’s president during that impeachment inquiry-producing phone call was about trying to broker a deal between Ukraine and Russia over Russia’s invasion and takeover of Ukraine’s territory in order to ease the way for US sanctions against Russian oligarchs to be lifted?

#TrumpIsPutinsBitch

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Did you miss how one of the topics Trump had with Ukraine’s president during that impeachment inquiry-producing phone call was about trying to broker a deal between Ukraine and Russia over Russia’s invasion and takeover of Ukraine’s territory in order to ease the way for US sanctions against Russian oligarchs to be lifted?

#TrumpIsPutinsBitch
    (((Russian oligarchs)))

LULZ

Load Metric
    its interesting to me that drudge is working double shifts to legitimize the impeachment efforts.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    For my friends on the left, all hypothetical, but if it was proven that both the Russia investigation and the Ukraine investigation were an attempted coup. One by the FBI and one by the CIA, would you support those guilty of being charged with treason?

If yes, would you support the death penalty for their actions?
    An American (person or group) trying to overthrow the American government isn't treason. I don't think.

I don't think you can really call anything involving impeachment a coup either.

These are just the most dramatic words Trump can think of sometimes when he's upset about something.
    Last edited by duped_samaritan; 10-01-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is all much ado about nothing. Trump won't be removed from office. Might be impeached, but it will stop there.

An impeachment may or may not negatively affect the 2020 election for him. For example, Bill Clinton was very popular upon leaving office, despite having been impeached. Many ended up seeing it as a frivolous witch hunt.

Do I believe Trump was guilty of trying to apply backdoor pressure upon Ukraine to investigate the Bidens? Yes. Do I think that's wrong for a President to do? Yes. Was it illegal? Yes.

But you see, this isn't going to hurt Trump that much because very few people who voted for him believed him to be honest and highly ethical. Trump's supporters almost universally believe, "The guy is an arrogant asshole and a little bit shady, but we need someone like that to get things done, so whatever works."

Now, if this happened with someone like Jimmy Carter, that would be a different story. Carter was elected because, after Nixon, America wanted a nice, honest, straightforward gentleman. If Carter had turned out not to be that honest gentleman, that would have really shocked people and killed his political prospects.

Trump has never attempted to portray himself as nice, honest, or good-hearted. The message was, "Elect me, and I will get done what needs to get done."

That's why you're not finding many people whose opinions of Trump were changed by this. They either already hated him, or begrudgingly accepted his obvious faults for practical reasons.

Comments

Salty_Aus: Agree... Nixon: I am not a crook. Trump: I'm a crook so what.

Load Metric
    This is all much ado about nothing. Trump won't be removed from office. Might be impeached, but it will stop there.

An impeachment may or may not negatively affect the 2020 election for him. For example, Bill Clinton was very popular upon leaving office, despite having been impeached. Many ended up seeing it as a frivolous witch hunt.

Do I believe Trump was guilty of trying to apply backdoor pressure upon Ukraine to investigate the Bidens? Yes. Do I think that's wrong for a President to do? Yes. Was it illegal? Yes.

But you see, this isn't going to hurt Trump that much because very few people who voted for him believed him to be honest and highly ethical. Trump's supporters almost universally believe, "The guy is an arrogant asshole and a little bit shady, but we need someone like that to get things done, so whatever works."

Now, if this happened with someone like Jimmy Carter, that would be a different story. Carter was elected because, after Nixon, America wanted a nice, honest, straightforward gentleman. If Carter had turned out not to be that honest gentleman, that would have really shocked people and killed his political prospects.

Trump has never attempted to portray himself as nice, honest, or good-hearted. The message was, "Elect me, and I will get done what needs to get done."

That's why you're not finding many people whose opinions of Trump were changed by this. They either already hated him, or begrudgingly accepted his obvious faults for practical reasons.
    Do you think he's remotely competent and fit for office?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Do you think he's remotely competent and fit for office?
    He's a lot more competent and fit for office than Democrats give him credit for.

There's been a weird contradictory narrative from the left which jumps between "Trump is an evil genius who knows exactly how to dog-whistle racist whites to support him" and "Trump is an unhinged moron who has no clue what the fuck is going on".

It can't be both. If he were the bumbling fool that the left often portrays him to be, he'd never have gotten elected in the first place.

Trump has an inappropriate temperament for office. That has been clear for a long time. He has a thin skin, gets rattled easily, and can't control himself when it comes to his tweets.

He also isn't intellectually curious. Some Presidents overthink situations and end up either afraid to take necessary actions or end up doing the wrong thing. A good example was the moving of the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Every President in recent times swore they were going to do it, but backed away from it due to both fear and overthinking the situation. Trump just said "Fuck it. I said I'm going to do it, and I'm doing it." And he did. And the fallout that so many "experts" predicted never materialized, aside from a few idiotic protests at the time. Yes, this was overall a minor decision, but it was a good example of where Trump's strength lies. When he feels something is right, he goes forward with his plans, and doesn't allow the usual overthinking and second-guessing to get in his way. That's actually refreshing.

The other side of this coin is that he underthinks and under-researches, leading to poorly informed decisions in some cases.

Then, of course, is his semi-shady, New York influenced "you gotta do what you gotta do" code of ethics, which basically leads him to believe that he's king and can do whatever he wants with no consequence. This leads him into dumb shit like the Ukraine phone call, which then dogs him for a long time as his detractors attack him.

I'm sometimes mistaken for a Trump supporter. I'm really not one. I have begrudgingly accepted his Presidency as an unfortunate fact, and realized that, for all his flaws, at the end of the day the policies out of his Administration resemble much more of what I'd support than would come from any Democrat. So that's why I'm going to vote for him in 2020. The Democrats have gone so far left that I can't even slightly relate to them anymore.

Do I wish a different Republican was in office? Definitely.

I do have to admit that I get some pleasure out of watching internet SJWs tilt over him. That part is really entertaining. When Trump won in 2016, I had mixed feelings about it (though I was moderately rooting for him despite not voting for him). However, the best part of the victory was watching the SJWs freak out, especially after watching how arrogant they were in the months prior to the election.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Like it is actually funny to post this on Facebook and watch the SJWs flip out for hours on end:

Comments

1marley1: So you didn’t actually post it?

Sloppy Joe: Priorities

Gold
    Load Metric
    Like it is actually funny to post this on Facebook and watch the SJWs flip out for hours on end:

Can you post some examples of people flipping out for hours on end over this?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post

Been awhile since I did, so I can't.

Do you doubt that I'm telling the truth about this? Go on a leftist's Facebook page and post this in response to one of their political messages, and see what happens.

Gold
    Load Metric

Do you doubt that I'm telling the truth about this? Go on a leftist's Facebook page and post this in response to one of their political messages, and see what happens.
    It just seems like premium content if you had documentation of it. I'm sure the responses are real knee slappers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

It just seems like premium content if you had documentation of it. I'm sure the responses are real knee slappers.
    Why the sarcasm? You don't think there are easily-triggered SJWs out there who would post really stupid histrionic shit in response to such a picture being posted?

Load Metric
    Can you think of any realistic scenarios of Trump doing something that actually gets himself removed from office? He's probably not too horny these days, so I can't.

If he wins another term though, and the Dems hold the House, I feel like they'll just have to keep trying to impeach him because surely he'll just keep getting busted doing more and more shady shit. This could take a toll on all the Republicans that are just silently disgusted with what's going on, but don't want to get called names on Twitter.

I'd love to see Sasse organize a secret group of anti Trump Republicans and blind side Trump, Mitch and Graham when it comes to vote to convict, Survivor Style.

Load Metric

Load Metric

got to admit i was 100% wrong about you. i thought you had turned into dish 2.0, unable to have any independent viewpoints.

my bad

Thread Information