Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    He's literally failed at everything he's try to do as POTUS

I'm sorry, but what fucking planet are you living on ?

Basically the exact opposite is true. Everything he touches turns to gold and has been kicking ass since day one of taking office

Liberal moron, pull your head out of your ass and seek therapy for your terminal case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    Name 3 "achievements" .

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Basically the exact opposite is true. Everything he touches turns to gold and has been kicking ass since day one of taking office

Liberal moron, pull your head out of your ass and seek therapy for your terminal case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
    Name 3 "achievements" .
    #1 thoughts about a wall

Comments

rum dick: A 30 foot wall that's 30

Load Metric
    WE turn the shit to gold. Trump enjoys the ride. Sad to see you are so stupid and insecure to think otherwise. Then again you bailed on America a longtime ago so seriously suck a dick.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    shits been on the news all week non stop

Im not sure why he did it but when Trump insults Canada's leader he is also insulting the whole population of Canada.

congrats idiot you just earned 40 million enemies for nothing other than allowing ego over common sense, how embarrassing.

BTW Canada is the largest importer by far of US products. with no trade surplus...... but there is of course that imminent danger looming, ya that national security issue, can't hide that
    When Trump says his country is getting jobbed by other countries he just means they aren't jobbing everyone else.

NAFTA is 24 years old and there was a U.S-Canada agreement before that beginning in the Reagan era. These agreements aren't made lightly by either side whomever is in office.

It's bully tactics that won't win. Smart beats bluster in these cases

https://www.thebalance.com/trade-def...county-3306264

US trade deficit with the rest of the world was 566 billion in 2017.

Census provides trade data by country for goods only, not services.

China - $375 billion deficit.
    Canada - $18 billion deficit.
    Mexico - $71 billion deficit.
    Japan - $69 billion deficit.
    Germany - $65 billion deficit.

We are not getting jobbed so much as fucked by our "friends." What is wrong with trying to level these numbers? We are the one with the roughly $20 trillion debt. This is what politicians have given us. The business man is trying to fix things.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: sorry bud but your numbers wrong at least for Canada

Muck Ficon: Deficits are scary!!
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Martin if you gave one iota of a shit about this country you'd live in it and you'd try to make it better. You lost you're rights to have an opinion about the USA or our POTUS when you ran like a bitch. At least thesidedish is a patriot...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

When Trump says his country is getting jobbed by other countries he just means they aren't jobbing everyone else.

NAFTA is 24 years old and there was a U.S-Canada agreement before that beginning in the Reagan era. These agreements aren't made lightly by either side whomever is in office.

We are not getting jobbed so much as fucked by our "friends." What is wrong with trying to level these numbers? We are the one with the roughly $20 trillion debt. This is what politicians have given us. The business man is trying to fix things.
    when you have 300 million mostly lazy people this kind of thing happens sorry you only have yourself's to blame for these short comings. tack on a extreme addiction for disposable goods there is bound to be problems and spending hangovers.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

We pay a premium for maple syrup because it's good af. Jesus Christ this isn't rocket science. Kidding aside you're acting like Canada doesn't provide us with ridiculous ally benefits. WE ARE ALLIES THAT ACTUALLY PROTECT EACH OTHERS' BORDERS. We wanna go to war, they've got our back. End of story. But hey we also like good music (giving arcade fire a pass here but whatever) and beer and hockey and football....totally worth an imaginary trade deficit. Seriously STFU and focus on something that matters.

Meanwhile Trump literally admitting to saving jobs in China because ZTE needs to be saved....wtf why....pull your head out of your ass.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Martin if you gave one iota of a shit about this country you'd live in it and you'd try to make it better. You lost you're rights to have an opinion about the USA or our POTUS when you ran like a bitch. At least thesidedish is a patriot...

#1 retard....I am a registered Republican in the state of California and have been a legal resident there my entire life

#2 I voted for Donald Trump precisely because I do care about my country. He is working for the people and shaking up a corrupt system

#3 not sure where this idea comes from that I 'bailed' on the United States came from. I have spent a lot of time in Mexico simply to play on Stars, and I travel the world for a living

#4 you are a liberal faggot so fuck off moron

Comments

Suicide King: Retard

herbertstemple: offset

Banned
    Load Metric
    LOL rum dick tilting like a motherfucker

I can hear him hammering away on his keyboard from here, and I'm halfway around the world right now

Typical libtard crying like a little bitch

Don't worry bro...only 6 1/2 more years to go....hang in there

Comments

RS_: Trump2020

Load Metric
    Tine - if Trump wasn't having a conniption fit about Canada politely defending its interests I'd agree with you and I'd be all onboard on the whole let's try talking. But fuck if you're a US President and you can't talk to Canada then you are borderline retarded. It would also help if Trump or Bolton would give a sign, any sign, that they realize the sister actually runs NK. Anyhow Pompeo does give me hope even if he can't competently read a speech from a teleprompter and he seems just happy to be there. At least our Secretary of State is trying which is a nice change after Rex.

bro his daughter eyefucked trudeau and thats literally everything you need to know about trump's jihad against Mapleville.

Comments

hongkonger: He does seem to have a thing for his daughter
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It's historic that Trump and Kim met, and Kim at least paid lip service to denuclearization, so I give Trump a little credit for it. But the triumphalism shown by his supporters is extremely premature. This summit was basically a photo op and a chance for a dictator and an aspiring dictator to stroke each other's egos.

Real, permanent nuclear disarmament by NK will be a long process, and zero details have been worked out yet. It will be the kind of long, complex, technical and diplomatic process involving negotiations and multiple parties, exactly the sort of thing Trump has no patience for. It will probably closely resemble the Iran deal he backed out of. It is also well known that NK has a history of backing out of deals and of dishonesty particularly with regard to its nuclear program. Trump has already candidly stated that if he is wrong about Kim he won't admit to having been wrong but "I'll find some kind of excuse" to avoid taking responsibility.

Kim verbally committed to denuclearization without any discussion of what that actually means and gave up a rocket testing facility he doesn't need anymore, while extracting a significant concession from Trump (no more joint military exercises with South Korea). Kim played Trump.

Nothing real has happened yet, and until it does optimism for disarmament and credit for Trump are unjustified. For the good of the world, I do hope he succeeds.
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric

#1 retard....I am a registered Republican in the state of California and have been a legal resident there my entire life
    So you rightfully resent being told that your voice means less just because you spend a lot of time outside the country. That being the case do you think it is fair or accurate for you to say the same about me? I am registered to vote in the state of Indiana and have been a legal resident there my entire life.

Load Metric

The problem is, as you mention, services are not included. When all economic activity is included the US has a trade surplus with Canada. Also, trade deficits and the national debt are not related.

Trade deficits are not necessarily as bad as they are made out to be. More data is needed to understand what it really tells us about a trade relationship. Often when there is a trade deficit, the money earned in the trade surplus country flows back into the trade deficit country in the form of investment. Sure enough, foreign cash is flowing into the US as investment. It keeps interest rates low and supports the value of investments like stocks and real estate.

Also, the US dollar is the world's reserve currency. High demand for the dollar drives up its value and makes exports relatively expensive and imports relatively cheap. There are many advantages to issuing the world's reserve currency, including low interest rates, less price volatility of commodities, and economic and political clout. But it does hurt trade balances somewhat. Most economists believe it is natural or even inevitable for the issuer of the world's reserve currency to run trade deficits. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triffin_dilemma

Comments

Tellafriend: Holy shit. Something you said made sense.

Banned
    Load Metric

Name 3 "achievements"

How about 81 instead

eat this liberal SCUM

____

Jobs and the economy

Passage of the tax reform bill providing $5.5 billion in cuts and repealing the Obamacare mandate.

Increase of the GDP above 3 percent.

Creation of 1.7 million new jobs, cutting unemployment to 4.1 percent.

Saw the Dow Jones reach record highs.

A rebound in economic confidence to a 17-year high.

A new executive order to boost apprenticeships.

A move to boost computer sciences in Education Department programs.

Prioritizing women-owned businesses for some $500 million in SBA loans.

Killing job-stifling regulations

Signed an Executive Order demanding that two regulations be killed for every new one creates. He beat that big and cut 16 rules and regulations for every one created, saving $8.1 billion.

Signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts.

Withdrew from the Obama-era Paris Climate Agreement, ending the threat of environmental regulations.

Signed an Executive Order cutting the time for infrastructure permit approvals.

Eliminated an Obama rule on streams that Trump felt unfairly targeted the coal industry.

Fair trade

Made good on his campaign promise to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Opened up the North American Free Trade Agreement for talks to better the deal for the U.S.

Worked to bring companies back to the U.S., and companies like Toyota, Mazda, Broadcom Limited, and Foxconn announced plans to open U.S. plants.

Worked to promote the sale of U.S products abroad.

Made enforcement of U.S. trade laws, especially those that involve national security, a priority.

Ended Obama’s deal with Cuba.

Boosting U.S. energy dominance

The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling.

Trump traveled the world to promote the sale and use of U.S. energy.

Expanded energy infrastructure projects like the Keystone XL Pipeline snubbed by Obama.

Ordered the Environmental Protection Agency to kill Obama’s Clean Power Plan.

EPA is reconsidering Obama rules on methane emissions.

Protecting the U.S. homeland

Laid out new principles for reforming immigration and announced plan to end "chain migration," which lets one legal immigrant to bring in dozens of family members.

Made progress to build the border wall with Mexico.

Ended the Obama-era “catch and release” of illegal immigrants.

Boosted the arrests of illegals inside the U.S.

Doubled the number of counties participating with Immigration and Customs Enforcement charged with deporting illegals.

Removed 36 percent more criminal gang members than in fiscal 2016.

Started the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival program.

Ditto for other amnesty programs like Deferred Action for Parents of Americans.

Cracking down on some 300 sanctuary cities that defy ICE but still get federal dollars.

Added some 100 new immigration judges.

Protecting communities

Justice announced grants of $98 million to fund 802 new cops.

Justice worked with Central American nations to arrest and charge 4,000 MS-13 members.

Homeland rounded up nearly 800 MS-13 members, an 83 percent one-year increase.

Signed three executive orders aimed at cracking down on international criminal organizations.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions created new National Public Safety Partnership, a cooperative initiative with cities to reduce violent crimes.

Accountability

Trump has nominated 73 federal judges and won his nomination of Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court.

Ordered ethical standards including a lobbying ban.

Called for a comprehensive plan to reorganize the executive branch.

Ordered an overhaul to modernize the digital government.

Called for a full audit of the Pentagon and its spending.

Combatting opioids

First, the president declared a Nationwide Public Health Emergency on opioids.

His Council of Economic Advisors played a role in determining that overdoses are under-reported by as much as 24 percent.

The Department of Health and Human Services laid out a new five-point strategy to fight the crisis.

Justice announced it was scheduling fentanyl substances as a drug class under the Controlled Substances Act.

Justice started a fraud crackdown, arresting more than 400.

The administration added $500 million to fight the crisis.

On National Drug Take Back Day, the Drug Enforcement Agency collected 456 tons.

Protecting life

In his first week, Trump reinstated and expanded the Mexico City Policy that blocks some $9 billion in foreign aid being used for abortions.

Worked with Congress on a bill overturning an Obama regulation that blocked states from de-funding abortion providers.

Published guidance to block Obamacare money from supporting abortion.

Helping veterans

Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers.

Signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act.

Signed the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, to provide support.

Signed the VA Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program.

Created a VA hotline.

Had the VA launch an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with a way to access wait time and quality of care data.

With VA Secretary Dr. David Shulkin, announced three initiatives to expand access to healthcare for veterans using telehealth technology.

Promoting peace through strength

Directed the rebuilding of the military and ordered a new national strategy and nuclear posture review.

Worked to increase defense spending.

Empowered military leaders to “seize the initiative and win,” reducing the need for a White House sign off on every mission.

Directed the revival of the National Space Council to develop space war strategies.

Elevated U.S. Cyber Command into a major warfighting command.

Withdrew from the U.N. Global Compact on Migration, which Trump saw as a threat to borders.

Imposed a travel ban on nations that lack border and anti-terrorism security.

Saw ISIS lose virtually all of its territory.

Pushed for strong action against global outlaw North Korea and its development of nuclear weapons.

Announced a new Afghanistan strategy that strengthens support for U.S. forces at war with terrorism.

NATO increased support for the war in Afghanistan.

Approved a new Iran strategy plan focused on neutralizing the country’s influence in the region.

Ordered missile strikes against a Syrian airbase used in a chemical weapons attack.

Prevented subsequent chemical attacks by announcing a plan to detect them better and warned of future strikes if they were used.

Ordered new sanctions on the dictatorship in Venezuela.

Restoring confidence in and respect for America

Trump won the release of Americans held abroad, often using his personal relationships with world leaders.

Made good on a campaign promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Conducted a historic 12-day trip through Asia, winning new cooperative deals. On the trip, he attended three regional summits to promote American interests.

He traveled to the Middle East and Europe to build new relationships with leaders.

Traveled to Poland and on to Germany for the G-20 meeting where he pushed again for funding of women entrepreneurs.

___

list doesn't even include the summit in North Korea or countless other executive actions including eviscerating basically every fucking 'legacy' Obummer left behind

suck on that Rum fag

Comments

herbertstemple: boom

Muck Ficon: Fake news

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    It's historic that Trump and Kim met, and Kim at least paid lip service to denuclearization, so I give Trump a little credit for it. But the triumphalism shown by his supporters is extremely premature. This summit was basically a photo op and a chance for a dictator and an aspiring dictator to stroke each other's egos.

Real, permanent nuclear disarmament by NK will be a long process, and zero details have been worked out yet. It will be the kind of long, complex, technical and diplomatic process involving negotiations and multiple parties, exactly the sort of thing Trump has no patience for. It will probably closely resemble the Iran deal he backed out of. It is also well known that NK has a history of backing out of deals and of dishonesty particularly with regard to its nuclear program. Trump has already candidly stated that if he is wrong about Kim he won't admit to having been wrong but "I'll find some kind of excuse" to avoid taking responsibility.

Kim verbally committed to denuclearization without any discussion of what that actually means and gave up a rocket testing facility he doesn't need anymore, while extracting a significant concession from Trump (no more joint military exercises with South Korea). Kim played Trump.

Nothing real has happened yet, and until it does optimism for disarmament and credit for Trump are unjustified. For the good of the world, I do hope he succeeds.
    a lot of what you said is true except i think trump deserves credit for actually trying something new and for defusing tensions on the korean peninsula. it does seem like the world is a touch safer.

what’s sad is that the media would be positively blowing obama as the savior of mankind if he did what trump is doing. (of course, it’s equally disgusting that fox news would be hammering obama for this.)

Load Metric

The problem is, as you mention, services are not included. When all economic activity is included the US has a trade surplus with Canada. Also, trade deficits and the national debt are not related.

Trade deficits are not necessarily as bad as they are made out to be. More data is needed to understand what it really tells us about a trade relationship. Often when there is a trade deficit, the money earned in the trade surplus country flows back into the trade deficit country in the form of investment. Sure enough, foreign cash is flowing into the US as investment. It keeps interest rates low and supports the value of investments like stocks and real estate.

Also, the US dollar is the world's reserve currency. High demand for the dollar drives up its value and makes exports relatively expensive and imports relatively cheap. There are many advantages to issuing the world's reserve currency, including low interest rates, less price volatility of commodities, and economic and political clout. But it does hurt trade balances somewhat. Most economists believe it is natural or even inevitable for the issuer of the world's reserve currency to run trade deficits. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triffin_dilemma
    https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/canada

"U.S. goods and services trade with Canada totaled an estimated $673.9 billion in 2017. Exports were $341.2 billion; imports were $332.8 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade surplus with Canada was $8.4 billion in 2017."

There are many ways how to count that, so there are different numbers for it. With the total trade at 700ish billion a surplus of less than 10 billion is roughly negligible. It's not so negligible you could say it's a deficit though.

Bout 65% of US trade deficit is with China. How much of that is American companies that have "relocated" their factories to China i don't know. They don't really advertise that much. In case someone doesn't know when American companies sell American products to American customers that are made somewhere else they are considered part of deficit. Trump has done it. Nike currently has 131 factories in China. This has pretty much been how it works since the 90s.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

a lot of what you said is true except i think trump deserves credit for actually trying something new and for defusing tensions on the korean peninsula. it does seem like the world is a touch safer.

what’s sad is that the media would be positively blowing obama as the savior of mankind if he did what trump is doing. (of course, it’s equally disgusting that fox news would be hammering obama for this.)
    Out of the last 4 presidents Clinton did it and Bush or Obama could have done it whenever they felt like it. The reason why neither Bush or Obama didn't do it because NK didn't make enough concessions to even get the process started. I don't think Trump even asked anything, being the master negotiator he is.

The current agreement is based on the honor system. We need more details, but so far it looks like shit. It doesn't really matter though, since biggest US contribution in this is mostly to try not escalate this out of stupidity. Not sure if that's worthy of an award.

All this is happening because something happened with China-NK relations. I don't know what, but even with the current sanctions China could have kept NK afloat till the end of time. On the UN side China just vetoed every sanction proposal they couldn't circumvent. And on the US side all they need was commercial bank with no official ties to government.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

Out of the last 4 presidents Clinton did it and Bush or Obama could have done it whenever they felt like it. The reason why neither Bush or Obama didn't do it because NK didn't make enough concessions to even get the process started. I don't think Trump even asked anything, being the master negotiator he is.

The current agreement is based on the honor system. We need more details, but so far it looks like shit. It doesn't really matter though, since biggest US contribution in this is mostly to try not escalate this out of stupidity. Not sure if that's worthy of an award.

All this is happening because something happened with China-NK relations. I don't know what, but even with the current sanctions China could have kept NK afloat till the end of time. On the UN side China just vetoed every sanction proposal they couldn't circumvent. And on the US side all they need was commercial bank with no official ties to government.
    i may be mistaken but i think clinton visited north korea in 2009, during obama’s term, in order to get some prisoners back. again, i might be wrong but i don’t think any sitting president ever met with north korean leadership.

agreed that something prob happened between china-north korea, but you don’t think it’s possible that that “something” was trump putting pressure on china through trade threats?

Load Metric

when you have 300 million mostly lazy people this kind of thing happens sorry you only have yourself's to blame for these short comings. tack on a extreme addiction for disposable goods there is bound to be problems and spending hangovers.
    I can't let the "300 million mostly lazy people" pass because in my experience it's complete bullshit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I can't let the "300 million mostly lazy people" pass because in my experience it's complete bullshit.
    Yup. Americans work their asses off compared with most of the industrialized world.

Thread Information