Thread: Axl Rose to Front AC/DC For Remaining Tour Dates

Load Metric

Axl Rose to Front AC/DC For Remaining Tour Dates

AC/DC Confirm Axl Rose Is New Lead Singer, Joining Band on Tour

The rumors have been confirmed: Just hours before Guns N’ Roses are scheduled to take the stage for their triumphant reunion gig at Coachella, AC/DC formally announced that – before GN'R’s Not in This Lifetime Tour kicks off – Axl Rose will first join them as vocalist for the remaining dates of their Rock or Bust trek.
    “AC/DC will resume their Rock Or Bust World Tour with Axl Rose joining on vocals,” the band announced in a statement Saturday. Rose will take the place of longtime AC/DC vocalist Brian Johnson, who was forced to abruptly quit touring with the group or risk “total hearing loss.”
    “AC/DC band members would like to thank Brian Johnson for his contributions and dedication to the band throughout the years. We wish him all the best with his hearing issues and future ventures,” the band said in a statement Saturday. “As much as we want this tour to end as it started, we understand, respect and support Brian’s decision to stop touring and save his hearing. We are dedicated to fulfilling the remainder of our touring commitments to everyone that has supported us over the years, and are fortunate that Axl Rose has kindly offered his support to help us fulfill this commitment.”
    The band continued, “The European stadium tour dates begin on May 7 in Lisbon, Portugal and run through June 12 in Aarhus, Denmark as previously announced. Following this European run of dates with AC/DC, Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N’ Roses, ‘Not In This Lifetime’ Summer Stadium Tour.”
    AC/DC added that the 10 U.S. shows postponed by Johnson’s sudden departure will also be rescheduled with Rose handling vocals.
    AC/DC with Axl Rose European Tour Dates
    May 7 - Lisbon, Portugal @ Passeio Maritimo De Alges
    May 10 - Seville, Spain @ Estadio De La Cartuja
    May 13 - Marseille, France @ Stade Velodrome
    May 16 - Werchter, Belgium @ Werchter Site
    May 19 - Vienna, Austria @ Erns-Happel Stadium
    May 22 - Prague, Czech Republic @ Letnany Airport
    May 26 - Hamburg, Germany @ Volksparkstadion
    May 29 - Berne, Switzerland @ Stade De Suisse
    June 1 - Leipzig, Germany @ Red Bull Arena
    June 4 - London, England @ The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
    June 9 - Manchester, England @ Etihad Stadium
    June 12 - Aarhus, Denmark @ Ceres Park

Please God no mashup of Sweet Child of Mine & Sin City.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One of my favorite GNR songs of all time is this one and this particular version.

Load Metric
    Im wondering how things are gong with Brian Johnson "RETIRING DUE TO HEARING" (cough....being fired from the band...cough).

If you see any news on that, please post. Not many members of AC/DC still in the band. Drummer, singer guitarist now gone. Angus still there. Cliff Williams is still there on Bass.

Other than that, you now have Chris Slade on Drums (played with them for a short time years ago), Axl on vocals, someone named Stevie Young (relative?)...its kind of a mess with them right now.

Name:  f0278db0a3cbd1079730a1b5ce46cc28.png
Views: 679
Size:  11.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Im wondering how things are gong with Brian Johnson "RETIRING DUE TO HEARING" (cough....being fired from the band...cough).
    If you see any news on that, please post. Not many members of AC/DC still in the band. Drummer, singer guitarist now gone. Angus still there. Cliff Williams is still there on Bass.
    Other than that, you now have Chris Slade on Drums (played with them for a short time years ago), Axl on vocals, someone named Stevie Young (relative?)...its kind of a mess with them right now.
    Name:  f0278db0a3cbd1079730a1b5ce46cc28.png
Views: 679
Size:  11.8 KB
    FYI, Angus is God. Nobody gives a shit who else is on stage.

Load Metric
    who the hell 'owns' the band?

Comments

sonatine: angus

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    One of my favorite GNR songs of all time is this one and this particular version.

I've been a GNR fan since the first time I heard them in 1987 when I was 11. It always amazed me that Axl got away with saying n-words and faggots in this song. I don't remember a single word being said about it at the time. Only thing I remember from the early days was getting temp banned from MTV for saying fuck on live tv at the awards show.

Comments

big dick: one in a million is an all time great

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I've been a GNR fan since the first time I heard them in 1987 when I was 11. It always amazed me that Axl got away with saying n-words and faggots in this song. I don't remember a single word being said about it at the time. Only thing I remember from the early days was getting temp banned from MTV for saying fuck on live tv at the awards show.
    I remember it being decently big news for sure. Tipper Gore sure wasn't happy. Was a rolling stone subscriber as well, and I def remember this article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...slurs-20151119

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I remember it being decently big news for sure. Tipper Gore sure wasn't happy. Was a rolling stone subscriber as well, and I def remember this article.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...slurs-20151119
    We don't get those high falutin magazines down here in Alabama. Only Field & Stream, the National Enquirer, and Black Tail.

Load Metric
    saw AC/DC in Dublin last summer with Brian Johnson- was epic, him and Young put us young 'uns to shame with their on stage energy. That said wouldn't be bad to see Axel on stage either, the man's a lunatic!! Saw a documentary on GNR recently; he banged the drummer's girlfriend (he didn't mind)backsateg and recorded it in order to have live sex on the song and "enter rock n roll history" lol
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    Glad to hear that his voice is back. Pretty big lol for the wheelchair/platform thing they got him on though.

Load Metric
    I guess it's an unpopular opinion, but the band was shit after Bon Scott died.

Comments

Texter: Facts are facts.

Corrigan: facts are facts

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Why would that be unpopular?

Bon Scott is God.
    /thread

Fuck I'm old.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    and yet, Back in Black exists...

Comments

lvpkr1009: Excellent point

Bronze
    Load Metric
    From all the videos I've seen on the Lisbon show Axl is just nailing it. I'm pissed that I didn't check out the GnR Show here in Vegas figuring I wasn't going to waste my money on seeing the cornrow Axl rose sounding like absolute garbage. He's really turned it all around for himself and seems like he finally gets it. Think of all the music people missed out on because these guys were douchbags about everything.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    From all the videos I've seen on the Lisbon show Axl is just nailing it. I'm pissed that I didn't check out the GnR Show here in Vegas figuring I wasn't going to waste my money on seeing the cornrow Axl rose sounding like absolute garbage. He's really turned it all around for himself and seems like he finally gets it. Think of all the music people missed out on because these guys were douchbags about everything.
    I am not sure that is true. If you listen to the lyrics of a song like Civil War and compare it to anything anyone from GNR did after the Illusion albums its pretty obvious whoever the fuck was writing the songs stopped.

Reminds me of Good Will Hunting. Zero chance the people credited as writers were 100% responsible because nothing has happened since of any substance.

All sounds great.

There is a really good podcast with Marc Maron and comedian Ron White where White tells a story of being out to dinner with Brian Johnson in Florida:

starts at 24 minutes. Interesting insight vis a vis Brian Johnson and AC/DC.

Bon Scott was irreplaceable, but Brian Johnson and Axl are about as good as it gets.

Thread Information