Thread: Time for Druff to support laws that deal with recreational drugs the same as he advocates for online poker: legalize and regulate

Load Metric

Time for Druff to support laws that deal with recreational drugs the same as he advocates for online poker: legalize and regulate

On the PFA radio show, Druff has made the eloquent case for why online poker should be legalized and regulated. But for some odd reason, he still supports drug prohibition. Perhaps he needs to listen to commentary on the matter by an esteemed conservative of impeccible credentials to see the light on this matter.

Take it away, Dr. Friedman.

P.S. When I first saw this interview back in the early 1990s, I thought Friedman was dead wrong on the matter. I've since come around to believe he nailed it all those years ago.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    When I grew up like many I'm sure. We were all taught just say no and that drugs were all evil. Truth is Prohibition doesn't work. It didn't work in the 1920s with Alcohol we all know what happened.. As the saying goes. Those who don't pay attention to history are doomed to repeat it. Well fast forward to the 1980s and lets see how well Prohibition has worked (That's where the WAR ON DRUGS) really took off.. Yep major success. NOT.. Drugs pour into this country and due to the black market nature its making primarily Gringos in Mexico Billionaires. Hell even the Mexican government has sold out to the Sinaloa and other cartels because money talks and bullshit walks and that's just reality. If you eliminate the black market aspect legalize regulate and tax the shit we'd have plenty of new influx of tax dollars to pay for all the shit the idiot left wants..

By regulating and taxing it puts the corner dime bag seller out of business because well the government hates competition as always, not to mention if legal licensed dispensaries have to deal with illegal outfits you better believe they will out the bad apples. That being said I'm not for legalizing a few known abused substances. I believe Crystal Meth should be a major no no (we already make legal speed in pill form aka Dexymethamphetamine and its used for ADD/ADHD patients in some cases). I also am no fan of legalizing PCP as it has no redeeming value and what not other then to permanently fuck somebody up. (Side note once had an EMS call for a dude who had taken PCP and the PD told us scene was safe.. We pull up and the fucker is buck naked in the middle of the street fighting 4 cops no joke).. I definitely think the time is well past to legalize marijuana use nationwide its proven its efficacy for medical useage in many applications including seizure disorders, pain management, patients with anxiety and related pysch/mental issues without the side effects of other Rx meds. I'm not really sure about Heroin, because we already have its cousin in the form of many opoid pain meds and at one time crushing OxyContin was a cheaper alternative to get high then heroin until they reformulated the OxyContin to make it crush proof essentially.

Understand my opinions are my own and you have every right to disagree with them. I come from a medical background both as a former FF/Medic as well as a nurse who was working and saw the war on drugs effect upon the prison population and that if drugs were decriminalized the populations would drop significantly in prisons and maybe we could get back to keeping the seriously dangerous locked up from society instead of folks who have an addiction issue not a criminal issue.

Comments

Jayjami: PCP is the bomb.

Load Metric
    I hear your concern about meth. There are definitely some nasty deugs out there. Including heroin. The problem is that keeping the hard drugs under the prohibition umbrella still fosters the black market for these, with all of the consequences regarding gang/organized crime violence, as well as police corruption and abuse of civil rights. That's why it's important to remember that "and regulate" has to included when abandoning prohibition.

But also, what hasn't been discussed directly yet here is how decriminalizing drug *use* (which is part of "legalization") allows for the government to address the social cost of drug use in a more effective manner. Because users would no longer fear admitting use in order to get assistance to combat their addictions. Watch this vid discussing what happened in Portugal after it decriminalized drug use. Bottom line: It precipitated a sea-change in the relationship between the government and drug users. A very *good* sea-change.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information