Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray Bitar still livin it up, get's married...

Load Metric

Ray Bitar still livin it up, get's married...

Saw this on Kevmath's twitter feed... Guess his heart problems aren't that bad after all.

http://www.pokerupdate.com/news/ente...-gets-married/

Former Full Tilt CEO Raymond Bitar, who avoided a lengthy prison sentence on fraud and other charges due to failing health that included the need for a heart transplant, got married in October.

Former Full Tilt CEO Raymond Bitar, who avoided a lengthy prison sentence on fraud and other charges due to failing health that included the need for a heart transplant, got married in October.

Bitar, 43, tied the knot with Jacquelyn Lucas on October 25, 2015 in Glendora, California. Lucas is originally from Tampa, Florida and graduated with a degree in finance from the University of South Florida in 2005, according to her Facebook page.

Bitar was one of 11 individuals charged in the Black Friday online poker crackdown orchestrated by the Department of Justice in 2011 that targeted PokerStars, Full Tilt, UltimateBet and Absolute Poker. He faced nine felony counts and a possible prison stint of up to 35 years.

The United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, said at the time that Full Tilt was running a Ponzi scheme, accepting deposits from players and using the money to cover expenses and “to pay him [Bitar] and other owners millions of dollars.” Player funds were not kept in segregated accounts, despite Bitar directing FTP employees to tell players that they were.
    Have a Heart

In 2013, Bitar pled guilty to conspiracy to commit bank fraud and wire fraud, and violating the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA). He agreed to forfeit $40 million and managed to stay out of prison due to a serious heart condition. At his sentencing, U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska said that time in prison for the ailing ex-CEO would be “tantamount to a death sentence.”

Rumors circulated over the legitimacy of the heart condition, with online poker forums rife with comments from posters speculating that Bitar somehow faked his ailment in order to remain a free man. At the time, anger from the poker community toward the Full Tilt board of directors that included Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson remained high, as the remission process had not yet begun.

Since then, rest-of-world players and 92% of U.S. Full Tilt claimants have been paid, thanks to the 2012 bailout of Full Tilt by PokerStars.

In October 2014, poker pro Allen Cunningham did his best to put the phony heart ailment rumors to rest, posting on 2 + 2 that “according to my sources, Ray Bitar is unlikely to live more than a couple years and is nearly penniless.” Fifteen months have passed since Cunningham made that statement.

It is not known whether or not Bitar has received the heart transplant that he so desperately needed. But the wedding snapshots posted on Facebook by his lovely new bride show Bitar to be looking quite the picture of health. He has obviously lost a considerable amount of weight since those Full Tilt days when, most would agree, he appeared to be somewhat on the heavy side.

Ray Bitar
    Forgiven and Forgotten?

The Black Friday scandal is just a few months short of its five-year anniversary. The vast majority of Full Tilt players have been paid, which may have caused the anger and criticism previously directed at Bitar and his cohorts to subside.

Bitar did extend an apology to those he harmed. “I regret my actions,” he stated in 2013. “I know they were wrong and illegal. I am very sorry. I’m very sorry for the problems that Full Tilt Poker got into. It never should have happened.”
    Name:  bitarlucas2.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  bitarlucas3.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  188.3 KB

Comments

FPS_Russia: Heart transplant smh

Kuntmissioner: good find

Charham: Let's post a pic in three years when all the weight is back on for both.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't care how much weight he lost, he'll always be known to me like this, the fat fuck:

Name:  who-is-ray-bitar.jpg
Views: 1439
Size:  128.8 KB
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Gold
    Load Metric
    That guy might be my favorite crook ever. Steal millions, nobody has heard of him except for Internet Poker fags that have no pull

Comments

IAmProfessionalTalk:

Load Metric
    LOL. I've never seen a picture of this doooosche in my life. I assumed he was some 60 old guy.

Load Metric
    Betting landing a POA like that he isn't broke and never was.. Shes significantly younger then him likely 30/31 roughly (dated a chick who was a HS graduate from 2002 and shes 31 now). and obviously his heart is working just fine..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hotshott74 View Post
    Saw this on Kevmath's twitter feed... Guess his heart problems aren't that bad after all.

http://www.pokerupdate.com/news/ente...-gets-married/

Bitar, 43, tied the knot with Jacquelyn Lucas on October 25, 2015 in Glendora, California. Lucas is originally from Tampa, Florida and graduated with a degree in finance from the University of South Florida in 2005, according to her Facebook page.

Bitar was one of 11 individuals charged in the Black Friday online poker crackdown orchestrated by the Department of Justice in 2011 that targeted PokerStars, Full Tilt, UltimateBet and Absolute Poker. He faced nine felony counts and a possible prison stint of up to 35 years.

The United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Preet Bharara, said at the time that Full Tilt was running a Ponzi scheme, accepting deposits from players and using the money to cover expenses and “to pay him [Bitar] and other owners millions of dollars.” Player funds were not kept in segregated accounts, despite Bitar directing FTP employees to tell players that they were.
    Have a Heart

In 2013, Bitar pled guilty to conspiracy to commit bank fraud and wire fraud, and violating the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA). He agreed to forfeit $40 million and managed to stay out of prison due to a serious heart condition. At his sentencing, U.S. District Judge Loretta A. Preska said that time in prison for the ailing ex-CEO would be “tantamount to a death sentence.”

Rumors circulated over the legitimacy of the heart condition, with online poker forums rife with comments from posters speculating that Bitar somehow faked his ailment in order to remain a free man. At the time, anger from the poker community toward the Full Tilt board of directors that included Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson remained high, as the remission process had not yet begun.

Since then, rest-of-world players and 92% of U.S. Full Tilt claimants have been paid, thanks to the 2012 bailout of Full Tilt by PokerStars.

In October 2014, poker pro Allen Cunningham did his best to put the phony heart ailment rumors to rest, posting on 2 + 2 that “according to my sources, Ray Bitar is unlikely to live more than a couple years and is nearly penniless.” Fifteen months have passed since Cunningham made that statement.

It is not known whether or not Bitar has received the heart transplant that he so desperately needed. But the wedding snapshots posted on Facebook by his lovely new bride show Bitar to be looking quite the picture of health. He has obviously lost a considerable amount of weight since those Full Tilt days when, most would agree, he appeared to be somewhat on the heavy side.

Ray Bitar
    Forgiven and Forgotten?

The Black Friday scandal is just a few months short of its five-year anniversary. The vast majority of Full Tilt players have been paid, which may have caused the anger and criticism previously directed at Bitar and his cohorts to subside.

Bitar did extend an apology to those he harmed. “I regret my actions,” he stated in 2013. “I know they were wrong and illegal. I am very sorry. I’m very sorry for the problems that Full Tilt Poker got into. It never should have happened.”
    Name:  bitarlucas2.jpg
Views: 1709
Size:  62.5 KB

Name:  bitarlucas3.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  188.3 KB
    Let's hope she's a world class gold digger, with an excellent divorce attorney waiting in the wings to help fleece him.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Lying piece of shit former FTP pro Allen Cunningham.

I understand Ray Bitar lying his ass off to save himself but I give him props for marrying a fairly hot girl.

If it can be proven that Ray Bitar knowingly lied in federal court then his ass can be sent back to prison.

Too bad that Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson can't be sent to prison as well.

How the fuck can someone like former FTP pro Andy Bloch afford to spend $6 million on a house?

Allen Cunningham is a nerdy, weird dude who was probably a virgin before he hooked up with an older woman poker pro/blogger/poker media person.

How much money did Cunningham make off Full Tilt Poker?

Does anyone know exactly how much money that every former FTP pro made?

Banned
    Load Metric
    She's seems like a good person who is truly in love.

Load Metric
    The U.S. government should have took more than $40 million from him.

Comments

Charham: Posting the white Benz for the world to see. Oh boy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

I understand Ray Bitar lying his ass off to save himself but I give him props for marrying a fairly hot girl.

If it can be proven that Ray Bitar knowingly lied in federal court then his ass can be sent back to prison.

How the fuck can someone like former FTP pro Andy Bloch afford to spend $6 million on a house?

Allen Cunningham is a nerdy, weird dude who was probably a virgin before he hooked up with an older woman poker pro/blogger/poker media person.

Bloch is easy to explain. Dude stashed money from the MIT BJ team

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Individual MIT team members made very little. There were over 50 of them and most of the profits went to investors.

Load Metric
    At least good money management by Ray.

- obv not broke -

Hats off!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Individual MIT team members made very little. There were over 50 of them and most of the profits went to investors.
    Andy Bloch has repeatedly said he made only $100,000 a year on the MIT blackjack team.

That amount is very low.
    I would not be surprised if Andy Bloch put together his own BJ team after MIT.

Not sure what his deal with FTP was, but he was part of FTP from the beginning and either was given a percentage or offered to buy a percentage.

Silver
    Load Metric
    There is no telling how much these people stashed away in parts unknown.

They basically robbed the players deposits and pretended like < $100 million in seizures could somehow explain a $400 million shortfall.

They almost stiffed the world. So disgusting. ESPN Got a lot of the money.

It is unthinkable to consider all the players almost got stiffed and all networks like ESPN got to keep the money after leading the lambs to the slaughter.

The whole thing is straight from the Twilight Zone, all the way up to the "heart problems" and some constitutional right not to go trial if u might die.

Comments

IAmProfessionalTalk: mad world rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Diamond Flush, who passes away last year I think, did all the research trying to answer that question. Her web site is still up, but you have to dig a little. All the owner received ~$440 Mil during the 2007-2011 timeframe I think she reported. DoJ took money from Howard, Ray, Jesus, mostly, and one other owner. The other owners like Lingren, Matasow, John Juanda, Andy Bloch etc, got about half of that ~$440 Mil after you subtract the amount Diamond flush listed for the big dogs. I don't remember her listing the amounts the minor owner recieved, and I don't think the DoJ took any of it.

Sadly, some of them were just put into the HOF, and never paid any of the money back to players.

Load Metric
    Former part owner Rafe Furst also seems to be doing well. It appears that he is the part owner of Crowdfunder.

Here is a link to his resume on the site: https://www.crowdfunder.com/user/534

Rafe is an entrepreneur, investor and advisor who connects ideas, people and resources to make good things happen faster. Beginning in Silicon Valley in the mid 1990s, Rafe founded or was a first round angel investor in over 30 startups, which collectively have generated over $1 Billion in revenue and $450 Million in liquidity to their stakeholders. Rafe's been featured in the New York Times Magazine, WIRED.com and Shake The World, for his ideas on unlocking shared value. He's won awards for cancer awareness and video production; hold's a championship bracelet from the World Series of Poker; and a B.S. & M.S. from Stanford University.
    He sounds like a saint, better invest with him cause Full Tilt did well holding your $.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    In case you wish to get him a belated wedding gift...
    He's registered at Macy's and Bloomingdales...
    I think he could really use the $900 suitcases!

Jacquelyn Lucas & Raymond Bitar
    Getting Married October 25, 2015
    Glendora, CA

http://www.amazingregistry.com/weddi...shx?a=85558053

http://registry.theknot.com/jacquely...15-ca/12237790

Comments

donkeykilla: A little late for the party

Load Metric
    More amazing photos from the 1 Million Dollar wedding http://www.pokerupdate.com/news/ente...lts-ray-bitar/

Name:  pof5bk8i.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  396.4 KB

Name:  jxwum6p3.jpg
Views: 1249
Size:  479.6 KB

Name:  vbqtligo.jpg
Views: 742
Size:  647.6 KB

Name:  jabaorhg.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  72.3 KB

Comments

hotshott74: New Red Pro's rep...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lol Merica . . .

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    They almost stiffed the world. So disgusting. ESPN Got a lot of the money.

It is unthinkable to consider all the players almost got stiffed and all networks like ESPN got to keep the money after leading the lambs to the slaughter.
    So did NBC. Poker After Dark (and Face the Ace) cost FTP around $18 million or so to run the shows, which were basically just 1 hour long late night adverts for the fail site.

Also LOL at Ray Bitar's wedding being surrounded by pictures of Jesus. I'm sure he'd approve of what that asshole did.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information