Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: blade runner most overrated shitty movie of all time

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Pretty much how I feel about the Beatles.
    Dude this is how I feel too... I only like While my guitar gently weeps and Helter Skelter

Also, the only old movie that I've seen that was truly inspiring was A Clockwork Orange

Comments

gauchojake: ready for a bit of the old ultra vilolence

Henry: The Beatles created ~ 12 or 13 albums, with a wide variety of sound, in the matter of something like 7 years. I don't care for them, they aren't timeless to me, but I respect their overall influence.

4Dragons: welly welly welly welly welly welly welly well

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: clockwork orange is god

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Dude this is how I feel too... I only like While my guitar gently weeps and Helter Skelter

Also, the only old movie that I've seen that was truly inspiring was A Clockwork Orange
    Let the red reps come because I'm the same way with any QT film not named Resvervoir Dogs...I felt that way about the Beatles until I was in my mid 30s but the older I get the more songs I end up liking, while my guitar will never be one of them though

Load Metric

Something tells me you might like this classic.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Something tells me you might like this classic.

something tells me both you and thorn head would love nothing more than a big fat replicant cock up your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    BR is not shitty but is overrated. OP is both shitty and overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Name:  hjghj.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  51.5 KB
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    2, 1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

2, 1
    i fully plan to take on the world and every poster in order to shred everything about this flick.

although i don't know what i hate more..the actual movie or the people that like it

Load Metric

2, 1
    i fully plan to take on the world and every poster in order to shred everything about this flick.

although i don't know what i hate more..the actual movie or the people that like it
    Would you add the third option of being pissed that what PKD predicted in the 60's and the movie predicted in the 80's is now our immanent reality?

Load Metric
    Well it's almost 35 years old, if you can still re watch it today that should say something. People that rate it high usually saw it in the theaters for the first time. The visuals and Vangelis kinda need a theater environment to work.

Banned
    Load Metric
    100 % agree that blade runner sucked

I tried to watch it multiple times thinking maybe I missed something

But it still sucked

Best thread from popeil for ages

Oh and I have never found Daryl Hannah even remotely attractive.

In fact she looks like an albino tranny IMO

Load Metric
    According to a biochem wizard I worked for in the late 90s/early 2000's or so the vast majority of the technical details Dr Tyrell provides regarding the perils of gene therapy vis a vis longevity are factually correct.

No big deal these days of course where everyone can source check Wikipedia to find out how to flesh out a speech like that.

Thing is, at the time of the film, it was strictly fringe science fiction and barely that. There was no gene therapy, or wikipedia, nothing but PKD's amphetamine fueled imagination.
    Last edited by sonatine; 04-12-2016 at 12:42 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Its also worth noting that Harrison Ford hates the film; they did an excellent first cut of it where absolutely no one in the audience understood the big reveal; that he was a replicant. So the studio literally threatened him with legal action to show up and voice over a dumbed down re-edit of the film (what most people know as the movie at this point) before they would agree to release it.

Which is why Harrison Ford's voice over sounds like it was performed with a gun to his head; it metaphorically was.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Its also worth noting that Harrison Ford hates the film; they did an excellent first cut of it where absolutely no one in the audience understood the big reveal; that he was a replicant. So the studio literally threatened him with legal action to show up and voice over a dumbed down re-edit of the film (what most people know as the movie at this point) before they would agree to release it.

Which is why Harrison Ford's voice over sounds like it was performed with a gun to his head; it metaphorically was.
    That was news like a decade ago. The question on the table now is that Harrison is coming back to do BR II but Ridley is only Producing, not Directing - So was the deal that Harrison would only do it if Ridley wasn't going to Direct?

Load Metric

Which begs the question, which BR is the OP talking about?

Load Metric
    2, 1
    Getting agitated are you? Not surprising. Typical emotional response of a replicant. Still my favorite movie.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Getting agitated are you? Not surprising. Typical emotional response of a replicant.
    Should ask him about all the good things that come to mind about.. his mother.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Would you add the third option of being pissed that what PKD predicted in the 60's and the movie predicted in the 80's is now our immanent reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Getting agitated are you? Not surprising. Typical emotional response of a replicant.
    Should ask him about all the good things that come to mind about.. his mother.
    you would think that someone with your intellectual curiosity and artistic vision that you would be much better in your your designs and shops. sadly, your work lacks creativity and your eye for detail leaves something to be desired.

shut it down 4d

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    According to a biochem wizard I worked for in the late 90s/early 2000's or so the vast majority of the technical details Dr Tyrell provides regarding the perils of gene therapy vis a vis longevity are factually correct.

No big deal these days of course where everyone can source check Wikipedia to find out how to flesh out a speech like that.

Thing is, at the time of the film, it was strictly fringe science fiction and barely that. There was no gene therapy, or wikipedia, nothing but PKD's amphetamine fueled imagination.

one more post and we would have a good competition of gay, gayer and gayest responses.

i think masturbating to macbeth is within your wheelhouse

Thread Information