Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: blade runner most overrated shitty movie of all time

Load Metric
    I find it hilarious that there is a company called "Soylent" that has a meal replacement drink. I thought it was a joke. I mean who in their right mind with any sense of context would name their food replacement drink business "Soylent"?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I really enjoyed Omega Man.
    Possibly for the chess game?

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    What does it mean to be human? If that question does not interest you, Blade Runner is not for you. Ironically, it is Rutgers Hauer's character - an android - that finds the answer. When he saves Harrison Ford, it is because he realizes that life is fleeting, and all life is precious. It is of no matter whether that "life" is organic or digital.

The movie is remarkable for its drab depiction of the future. Technology does not always mean progress. Before Blade Runner, the "future" in movies looked clean and sterile (think 2001 and Star Wars). Afterwards, sci-fi movies began looking more "industrial". Just my 2 cents. If it is not you cup of tea, I understand.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    It saddens me to hear mulva has often been beaten down and insulted by homos. I'm fairly sure that's not typical behavior of homos, you've merely been unlucky while on the prowl or there's something in your actions that make homos behave in such manner towards you.

That said it seems the problem isn't with Blade Runner. It's what you expected it to be. Most people that rate this movie highly saw it 2-3 decades ago in a theater and/or at the time they were high. You really need to hit at least 2 of those things for the movie to be as good as it's praise. None of that takes anything away from the movie btw. It's still a very good scifi movie for something that was made in the early 80s.

Ps. If you're working down some kinda top 100 movies of all time list, you can just straight up skip Battleship Potemkin and Citizen Kane. Same things apply to those movies that apply to Blade Runner just that even more time has past since they were relevant or even mildly enjoyable.
    after i read these 2 posts i went out and destroyed some mailboxes w/ my baseball bat.

and please don't compare citizen kane to this sorry sack of sick blade runner movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

after i read these 2 posts i went out and destroyed some mailboxes w/ my baseball bat.

and please don't compare citizen kane to this sorry sack of sick blade runner movie.
    Dude, you gotta up your game.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    gonna have to watch this movie all of a sudden
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

these finns really know how to have a good time. love to see them review blade runner..or shit on the dvd
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    these finns really know how to have a good time. love to see them review blade runner..or shit on the dvd
    First of all, the Finns were allies with the Nazis (they had no choice because Russia attacked them). So for revenge, they need to shit in Stalin's mailbox.

This video does remind me of a similar incident. When I was living in an apartment in Stockholm, my roommate and I got shitfaced drunk (a common occurrence). I mentioned to him that our upstairs neighbor, who was Finnish, had complained about my music being too loud. He went into a rage, screaming in Swedish about what an alcoholic, wife-beating, fucking-Finn looser he was. In his drunken mind, it was time for "revenge".

He went to the bathroom and got a condom. He proceeded upstairs and placed the condom inside the Finn's mailbox slit, which is on the door of the apartment. He then filled the whole thing with pee, and let it drop inside the residence. He ran back down to our place, but since he was wearing only socks (and was drunk), he slipped, crashed into the wall in our entryway, and fractured his clavicle. He was so wasted, he didn't even feel it until the next day. We never had a problem with the Finn thereafter.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    First of all, the Finns were allies with the Nazis (they had no choice because Russia attacked them). So for revenge, they need to shit in Stalin's mailbox.

This video does remind me of a similar incident. When I was living in an apartment in Stockholm, my roommate and I got shitfaced drunk (a common occurrence). I mentioned to him that our upstairs neighbor, who was Finnish, had complained about my music being too loud. He went into a rage, screaming in Swedish about what an alcoholic, wife-beating, fucking-Finn looser he was. In his drunken mind, it was time for "revenge".

He went to the bathroom and got a condom. He proceeded upstairs and placed the condom inside the Finn's mailbox slit, which is on the door of the apartment. He then filled the whole thing with pee, and let it drop inside the residence. He ran back down to our place, but since he was wearing only socks (and was drunk), he slipped, crashed into the wall in our entryway, and fractured his clavicle. He was so wasted, he didn't even feel it until the next day. We never had a problem with the Finn thereafter.
    i wonder what finnish hockey legend teemu selanne thinks of this

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Pretty much how I feel about the Beatles.

I think I liked you better as a drunken asshole.

Load Metric
    So, much like finally getting around to reading Dune a few months ago, I figured I had put Blade Runner off long enough. I intended to watch it a few years ago, but it just didn't happen, for whatever reason. A couple nights ago, I turned off the lights, lit up, and watched Blade Runner: Final Cut.

I loved the shit out of it. The look, the score, it blew me away. it sets a mood as well as anything I can think of. Much like when I read Dune, I could see so many things in the movie that were clearly referenced or ripped off in a lot of movies that came after. Rather than the age of the movie hurting it, I think it makes it all the more impressive, but plot-wise and theme-wise.

I watched Blade Runner: 2049 the next night, and that's also a pretty impressve movie, looks and soundwise, had a ton of similarities to Westworld in every respect, a compelling slow burn, but it probably would have been better if it was shorter, and I generally like longer movies. I definitely liked it a lot, but nobody could fully capture the same vibe of the first decades later, the first looked so analog/film while this one was a lot more digital, more modern looking and sounding. That said, it's about as faithful as could be, tone-wise, theme-wise, etc.

I'm definitely gonna watch both again within the next week or 2. Definitely not a movie to watch on a phone or a laptop.

Comments

Sanlmar:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    So, much like finally getting around to reading Dune a few months ago, I figured I had put Blade Runner off long enough. I intended to watch it a few years ago, but it just didn't happen, for whatever reason. A couple nights ago, I turned off the lights, lit up, and watched Blade Runner: Final Cut.

I loved the shit out of it. The look, the score, it blew me away. it sets a mood as well as anything I can think of. Much like when I read Dune, I could see so many things in the movie that were clearly referenced or ripped off in a lot of movies that came after. Rather than the age of the movie hurting it, I think it makes it all the more impressive, but plot-wise and theme-wise.

I watched Blade Runner: 2049 the next night, and that's also a pretty impressve movie, looks and soundwise, had a ton of similarities to Westworld in every respect, a compelling slow burn, but it probably would have been better if it was shorter, and I generally like longer movies. I definitely liked it a lot, but nobody could fully capture the same vibe of the first decades later, the first looked so analog/film while this one was a lot more digital, more modern looking and sounding. That said, it's about as faithful as could be, tone-wise, theme-wise, etc.

I'm definitely gonna watch both again within the next week or 2. Definitely not a movie to watch on a phone or a laptop.
    What a great review.

I’ve never seen Blade Runner. I know it’s pretty damn important. Now is the time to get right.

Load Metric
    The original Blade Runner was good, remember that was back in 1982. They were very limited in technology and special effects.

I thought the sequel was better.

Blade Runner 2049 had better special effects and visuals.

The story didn't make any sense though.

I like the fake technology that could exist in the future.

In the future, you will have a fake girlfriend that will cost more than a real one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    4 years later. still shittier than ever.

Load Metric
    I lied. I still haven’t seen it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I lied. I still haven’t seen it.
    if u ever have trouble sleeping, put it on. you might make it halfway through.
    Last edited by mulva; 12-10-2020 at 12:20 AM.

Thread Information