Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Penn & Teller "Fool US" on CW Network -- taping now in Las Vegas, free tickets available

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,359
    Blog Entries
    2

    Penn & Teller "Fool US" on CW Network -- taping now in Las Vegas, free tickets available

    http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows...f12c4e7e4d1064

    This is apparently a new show where magicians compete to do tricks and see if Penn and Teller can figure out how they did it.

    Alyson Hannigan is the host (lol).

    It's taping at the Rio between April 7 and April 15.

    Tickets are free at the above link.

    I am not making any money from the link, and won't be going myself. Just thought I'd pass it on.

    Website is a little bit weird. I think only April 14th is available, and the others are probably waiting list. But I'm not sure.

  2. #2
    o/u on flute magically disappearing into places jokes during show???

  3. #3
    Bronze LegallyNonBindingPosts's Avatar
    Reputation
    37
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Clark County Shooting Complex
    Posts
    499
    Thanks Dan, got 2. Only 14th available, no waiting list indicated for other dates. Must not wear white or all black. TR to follow.

     
    Comments
      
      Mintjewlips: Das Gay
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

  4. #4
    Not exactly new, it ran for a few seasons in England. The old gimmick was that if you fool P&T, you get to open for them in Vegas, or something similar. Some fun stuff, I've seem a bunch of episodes. Lots of clips on youtube.

    Alyson replaces Jonathan Ross as host, which is certainly a change.

  5. #5
    Diamond Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    1225
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,632
    I had tickets to Let's Make a Deal when it was taping at the Tropicana back in 2010.
    One of my only regrets from our Vegas trips is that we elected not to do this because we figured we'd do it next time.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

  6. #6
    Photoballer 4Dragons's Avatar
    Reputation
    2686
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    10,648
    yeah this is far from a new show, but I reckon it would be a good time just the same.

  7. #7
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    I actually considered going to this, but the tedium of another game show taping (Ken Scalir's "Love Connection") came rushing back into my mind.

    Basically you are spending a lot of time sitting around between segments, dealing with re-takes, etc. They also sometimes record more than one episode at a time.

    I enjoyed the Love Connection thing anyway, because Master Scalir was the star, but otherwise I would have found it brutal.

    Side note about Love Connection: Host Pat Bullard was making nasty comments about Ken to the audience when he was offstage. A 17-year-old Mexican girl behind me (there was a huge class of Mexican high school kids in the studio, bused in from Hesperia) got pissed about this, and started saying to her friend how she really liked Ken and would totally date him. I turned around and looked back, and she wasn't bad looking. She didn't know that I knew him.

    I would have totally hooked this up for him if she were a year older, but he was 28 and she was 17, so I let it go by. (I forgot how I knew she was 17, but she said something while sitting behind me to indicate that.)

     
    Comments
      
      4Dragons: forgets that he took a shot at her first rep

  8. #8
    I saw Penn and Teller's "Fool Us" last year on TV.
    Too many card tricks, which are the easiest to do.
    Very easy to fool Penn and Teller.


  9. #9
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    BUMP

    These tickets are available again.

    http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows...12c4e7e4d1064#

    Right now, they have availability on March 15, 16, 20, 21, and 22.

    Tickets are free. Just click on any "Priority Ticket" link you see next to a given date.

  10. #10
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    BUMP

    Available again:

    http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows...f6412844560027

    If you go, tell Penn I said hi to his wife.

  11. #11
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    BUMP

    Tickets available again for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    https://on-camera-audiences.com/show...Teller_Fool_Us

  12. #12
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    411
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

    Available again:

    http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows...f6412844560027

    If you go, tell Penn I said hi to his wife.
    So you’re saying she’s into tall guys?

  13. #13
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5164
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36,359
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

    Available again:

    http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows...f6412844560027

    If you go, tell Penn I said hi to his wife.
    So you’re saying she’s into tall guys?
    If you pretend to agree with her pseudo-libertarian politics, I think you'll have a chance even if you're the size of Mini Mike.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually considered going to this, but the tedium of another game show taping (Ken Scalir's "Love Connection") came rushing back into my mind.

    Basically you are spending a lot of time sitting around between segments, dealing with re-takes, etc. They also sometimes record more than one episode at a time.

    I enjoyed the Love Connection thing anyway, because Master Scalir was the star, but otherwise I would have found it brutal.

    Side note about Love Connection: Host Pat Bullard was making nasty comments about Ken to the audience when he was offstage. A 17-year-old Mexican girl behind me (there was a huge class of Mexican high school kids in the studio, bused in from Hesperia) got pissed about this, and started saying to her friend how she really liked Ken and would totally date him. I turned around and looked back, and she wasn't bad looking. She didn't know that I knew him.

    I would have totally hooked this up for him if she were a year older, but he was 28 and she was 17, so I let it go by. (I forgot how I knew she was 17, but she said something while sitting behind me to indicate that.)
    4Dragons' rep of this post is somewhat ironic.
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

  15. #15
    Penn & Teller is a good show.

    I like "Fool Us" but I'm definitely sick of card tricks.

    I get it, the cards are marked or they use a fake deck.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. "MODEL CITIZEN" "DAN DRUFF" "DOESNT" KILL CHIL'RIN
    By Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 01:46 AM
  2. "Netstronger" poker network lies about regulation
    By Dan Druff in forum Scams, Scandals, and Shadiness
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2014, 04:27 AM
  3. Sheldon Adelson: "Online Gambling is Fool's Gold"
    By TheXFactor in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 11:56 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 05:25 PM
  5. Who wants two free Jersey Boys tickets for tomorrow in Vegas?
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-26-2012, 12:34 PM