Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is on the North Carolina Train??????

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    wow... props to Nova, but the refs in that game were horrible. How do you out rebound a team by 13+ and lose.... right, get bullshit fouls all game.
    I didn't watch the first half....but the officials seemed inconsistent in the 2nd half. Some very light foul calls but yet other times they let them play on.

Comments

handicapme: it was bad... like very bad. Just check the twitter feeds, even NOVA fans were saying wtf to the UNC foul calls

Bronze
    Load Metric
    yeah props to Nova- I actually had money on them -- but that officiating was really bad. ( mainly first half and the foul with 30 seconds to play ) I am interested in what you guys think. I made money on this game but was like what are the zebras doing-

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I can now die in peace and spend hundreds of dollars on championship gear...

and I need more fucking bourbon...

Comments

big dick: DRINK UP MY FRIEND

Load Metric
    Id love to buy you one or 3

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    fuck yeah!!!! god i love that fucking team. tough ass motherfuckers on that team
    typical jay wright team...all the stupid ass analysts never saw that...these guys don't give a mother fuck if theyre guarding some dude 5" taller than them...theyre just gonna outtough 'em, plain and simple...

nova was fortunate that the talent gap was narrow enough for that toughness to bridge the gap...

Load Metric
    people underestimate heart.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Id love to buy you one or 3

thanks man...

Load Metric
    I had a really long post here but I deleted it. Nova won because they had the refs on there side AND slightly better shooting (esp on the foul line). There wasn't any heart, clearly outsized and out matched. UNC couldn't make up for all the bullshit calls and they lost, but don't give me this heart bullshit or anything. Glad at least some people here won money so that's at least worth something. gg boys, off to bed

Comments

lvpkr1009: Clutch FTs is what won that game for nova

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best national title game in years. The last great one that comes to mind is when Butler gave Duke all they could handle.
    That butler duke one was great...the other ones I thought of were 87 Indiana/Syracuse 89 Michigan/Seton Hall and the Duke over Unlv by 2 I can't remember which year. The NC State game obv as well and the Webber Time out game

Load Metric
    I lost 2200 on this but I still can appreciate the fact that this was an exciting game. I agree that the calls were inconsistent at best in the 2nd half but that comes with the territory.

Two things I found odd were lol #23 for Nova mopping up the court, like literally he had the mop in his hand, with 4.7 seconds left in a tied national championship game. Hands the towel boy the mop and calmly walks back in the game! Wtf?

When Nova hits the game winner, Wright just started casually walking to mid court with no emotion, no smile, nothing. Like they just beat Weber State in the preseason.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I had a really long post here but I deleted it. Nova won because they had the refs on there side AND slightly better shooting (esp on the foul line). There wasn't any heart, clearly outsized and out matched. UNC couldn't make up for all the bullshit calls and they lost, but don't give me this heart bullshit or anything. Glad at least some people here won money so that's at least worth something. gg boys, off to bed
    I didn't watch much of the first half. But I watched most of the second. They did miss one bad foul but the north carolina guy rebounded and dunked it so they didn't lose point's there. Other than that one I didn't see them miss any blatant calls. There was one other where the NC guy went up and the nova guy went up and there was body contact but the nova guy went straight up so I can see them letting it go.

Basketball is the toughest sport to officiate. You can call a foul on every play if you want to or let some of them go in close spots. If a casual fan listened to the NC broadcast with Brandan Haywood (which I did) it was nauseating at how much crying he did throughout about the fouls.

That said I didn't see too much of the first half so maybe it was bad?

Load Metric
    Who is in on the South Carolina Dildo Train
    Last edited by donkeykilla; 04-04-2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: in

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I didn't watch much of the first half. But I watched most of the second. They did miss one bad foul but the north carolina guy rebounded and dunked it so they didn't lose point's there. Other than that one I didn't see them miss any blatant calls. There was one other where the NC guy went up and the nova guy went up and there was body contact but the nova guy went straight up so I can see them letting it go.

Basketball is the toughest sport to officiate. You can call a foul on every play if you want to or let some of them go in close spots. If a casual fan listened to the NC broadcast with Brandan Haywood (which I did) it was nauseating at how much crying he did throughout about the fouls.

called vertically -- if body contact happens then it is not a foul when jumping vertically ( completely straight up ) -- when you are are coming from the other side of the lane, moving to the ball and contact is made with the body it is a foul

there was a stretch in the first half where there were 8 consecutive fouls called on unc-- whether they were fouls or not can be argued but they were touch fouls

The no call on jackson with a layup at end the half ( he was pushed from behind ) and Villanova scored at the halftime buzzer was big-- 4 point turn around

The call with 30 seconds to play was horrible-- first it was not a foul and second let the kids decide the winner not the ref-- Nova made an incredible shot to win but it might have been for a tie

I have, like most of you, watched hundreds upon hundreds of games but have rarely if ever seen eight straight fouls called on one team-- worked out for me betting but felt it was obvious I got away with something

Comments

chinamaniac: good post rep
    Last edited by ltrainkoja; 04-04-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrainkoja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

called vertically -- if body contact happens then it is not a foul when jumping vertically ( completely straight up ) -- when you are are coming from the other side of the lane, moving to the ball and contact is made with the body it is a foul

there was a stretch in the first half where there were 8 consecutive fouls called on unc-- whether they were fouls or not can be argued but they were touch fouls

The no call on jackson with a layup at end the half ( he was pushed from behind ) and Villanova scored at the halftime buzzer was big-- 4 point turn around

The call with 30 seconds to play was horrible-- first it was not a foul and second let the kids decide the winner not the ref-- Nova made an incredible shot to win but it might have been for a tie

I have, like most of you, watched hundreds upon hundreds of games but have rarely if ever seen eight straight fouls called on one team-- worked out for me betting but felt it was obvious I got away with something

Like I said I think the refs played WAY more into the outcome of the game as they should have (more so the first half, but a few the 2nd too), but I'm not petty I lost and I'm glad others on here won money. This will prob be the most amount of money I lost/potentially could have won (due to brackets and non hedging futures) all year, but now that I'm less pissed it was a hell of a 2nd half!

Load Metric
    Just wow. What else can you say about the game and Villanova. That double pump shot the guy hit from NC was spectacular. 4.5 seconds was more then enough time and nc pressured without fowling. Its just how it goes sometimes. The point guard for Villanova is tough as nails he got the ball up court with enough time for a good shot. He was really a game changer with making 3s and running the offense like a well oiled Tewdersky at the top of his game. Villanova pulled off 3 tough beats against Kansas , Oklahoma and then against a really strong nc team.

Thread Information