Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A GUY TRIED TO SCAM ME FOR 2500 BUT PAID ME BACK 4000. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Load Metric

A GUY TRIED TO SCAM ME FOR 2500 BUT PAID ME BACK 4000. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I wont go into all the details now but some dude tried to roll me for 2500 on PayPal. After no return emails and calls, last night I grabbed a bottle of Jack and spent 3 hours gathering data on the guy. I then sent it to him. In short, he shit his pants and not only sent me the 2500 back, but also the 1500 I requested because i told him " that was the cost of wasting my time."

This guy was a sort of Peter DC type but way more computer savvy. It is obvious he is a lifetime scammer and probably has made millions scamming.

So do i just walk away and be happy with the 1500 bonus which he obviously sent me to shut the fuck up or do I go crazy on this ass so that he doesnt do this to other people? Most scammers are sociopaths so they worry about two things 1. Their real name being exposed as that hurts their scamming career and 2. Going to Jail. They are all about self preservation.

I dont want anyone else to get scammed, but the same time, I already wasted a bunch of time on this fuck, and feel pretty good that I scared the shit out of him so bad i got an extra 1500 out of it.

Comments

drufdajewgod: ship it to the freerole along with all the other thousands youve already given pfa ;)
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Don't forget, do first half of the bottle AND the full bottle of Jack.

Load Metric
    First of all, start a thread in the "Scam, Scandals & Shadiness" forum with all the info you got on the guy.
    Fuck him.
    Next, go on PFA radio & tell the whole story & out the guy to a larger audience.
    Fuck him.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I wont go into all the details now but some dude tried to roll me for 2500 on PayPal. After no return emails and calls, last night I grabbed a bottle of Jack and spent 3 hours gathering data on the guy. I then sent it to him. In short, he shit his pants and not only sent me the 2500 back, but also the 1500 I requested because i told him " that was the cost of wasting my time."

This guy was a sort of Peter DC type but way more computer savvy. It is obvious he is a lifetime scammer and probably has made millions scamming.

So do i just walk away and be happy with the 1500 bonus which he obviously sent me to shut the fuck up or do I go crazy on this ass so that he doesnt do this to other people? Most scammers are sociopaths so they worry about two things 1. Their real name being exposed as that hurts their scamming career and 2. Going to Jail. They are all about self preservation.

I dont want anyone else to get scammed, but the same time, I already wasted a bunch of time on this fuck, and feel pretty good that I scared the shit out of him so bad i got an extra 1500 out of it.

OBV drop the hammer on his ass just because you can.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    If you are in a position to ruin this POS life I would strongly encourage you to do so. Someone tries to steal from me I am dropping the fucking hammer if at all possible.

Load Metric
    Hard to say without knowing how guy would react and if you have anything to lose yourself.

At very least and out of selfish interest I would like to hear what happened even if names are not used.

Load Metric
    If his intent was to scam you, why was he dumb enough to use his real name?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

He didnt. He used an alias but his alias was a combo of a first and last name of business partners he had in the past making it obvious that the third person in that group of partners was the scammer leading me to his real name. He once made the mistake of sending someone else he scammed his Canadian bank account information for a wire. So a simple Google search on the Canadian business registry lead me to the three partners of the company which then showed how he came up with the retarded alias. From that, I got his real name and found he was a partner in a restaurant, contacted the restaurant, which lead to the pant shitting and the 1500 bonus "for my time"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    None of us want other people to get scammed but the thing is even if he shuts down whatever this scam is the guy will create a new one because that is the kind of person he is.

It's good he paid you back quick but keep an eye out because he might try to roll you on the $1500 extra with some chargeback.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

He didnt. He used an alias but his alias was a combo of a first and last name of business partners he had in the past making it obvious that the third person in that group of partners was the scammer leading me to his real name. He once made the mistake of sending someone else he scammed his Canadian bank account information for a wire. So a simple Google search on the Canadian business registry lead me to the three partners of the company which then showed how he came up with the retarded alias. From that, I got his real name and found he was a partner in a restaurant, contacted the restaurant, which lead to the pant shitting and the 1500 bonus "for my time"
    Nice sleuthing work. Glad to see you got paid plus the extra. Don't really know about outing him, where would you post the info? Like someone else said, don't know what lengths he would go to retaliate but really I would trust my own gut on this one. If he paid by paypal he can still reverse the charges though unlikely considering the circumstances.

Load Metric
    I wouldnt worry about a charge back here unless you did expose him and then in that case he says fuck you. Also, while I'm all for exposing scammers and all... you did get your money back and then some, if there is any chance this guy can cause you harm in real life I say drop it and know you got lucky... if he can't, drop his data and let this site SEO it.

Load Metric

What kind of audience do you have for exposing him? Is there a place you could blow up his spot where his intended audience/marks would see it? Like, if he were a poker player, you'd out him at 4 and here. Do you have an equivalent place to out him where it would really poison his future waters, or would you be doing a stand-alone website thing, where you have to hope people look him up before they get fucked?

Load Metric
    Put $1500 on your 2016 tax return as Miscellaneous Income--Loan Sharking.

Update your resume for that transaction also.

Sleep without worry.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    First of all, start a thread in the "Scam, Scandals & Shadiness" forum with all the info you got on the guy.
    Fuck him.
    Next, go on PFA radio & tell the whole story & out the guy to a larger audience.
    Fuck him.
    Agreed about the thread in SS&S, But he should keep his voice off PFA. As much as PFA fans would enjoy hearing directly from Cmoney on this matter, my impression is that he should protect even the identity of his voice given the stature of his ballerness.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fuck the scammer , make him pay !

Load Metric
    Are you comfortable reporting him to law enforcement?

Comments

Mintjewlips: Cock gobbler
    Last edited by LegallyNonBindingPosts; 04-04-2016 at 12:30 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    I wouldnt worry about a charge back here unless you did expose him and then in that case he says fuck you. Also, while I'm all for exposing scammers and all... you did get your money back and then some, if there is any chance this guy can cause you harm in real life I say drop it and know you got lucky... if he can't, drop his data and let this site SEO it.

I dont think he can chargeback even if he wanted to. I actually put in a Paypal dispute for the 2500 which he then "agreed" with after i threatened him, so Paypal sent me back the 2500. He then sent another 1500 separately. I also told him if he pulls any funny business like that he would be nuked and I would make sure he goes to jail. Btw, I was fully prepared to lose money on this and get an attorney to put pressure on the local police to arrest his ass.

I told him to send me 1500 for wasting my time, as i had to put hours into dealing with this, and it was just a pain in the ass in general.

It is actually an interesting legal question, and I thought about it when i demanded the 1500 for my time. Could that be classified as extortion? I am obviously not worried about a scammer trying to come after me for extortion but still am curious what the law is regarding that especially if one took it to the extreme.

For example, Some guy tries to rip you off for 10k and you have 100 percent proof this was his intention. In your research, you find out he is a career scammer. You then tell him you want 10k back and then another 50k for punitive damages, emotional distress or whatever and if he doesnt pay you will expose him.
    Last edited by cmoney; 04-04-2016 at 03:48 AM.

Load Metric
    Also, another tip for you that use Paypal. Sometimes scammers will try to send you Paypal invoices for a product (like a computer) but send it as a "service," It is much harder to dispute a "service" with Paypal because it becomes a "his word against mine" sort of thing. Also, despite Paypal's "guarantee" that you are protected they really hate reimbursing you for fraud and a lot of the time they will only do that if they can retrieve the money from the person that scammed you. Which is obviously not easy.

Load Metric
    Also, another tip for you that use Paypal. Sometimes scammers will try to send you Paypal invoices for a product (like a computer) but send it as a "service," It is much harder to dispute a "service" with Paypal because it becomes a "his word against mine" sort of thing. Also, despite Paypal's "guarantee" that you are protected they really hate reimbursing you for fraud and a lot of the time they will only do that if they can retrieve the money from the person that scammed you. Which is obviously not easy.
    This is actually very good to know... will keep this in mind in the future when I purchase something. Thanks dude

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

I dont think he can chargeback even if he wanted to. I actually put in a Paypal dispute for the 2500 which he then "agreed" with after i threatened him, so Paypal sent me back the 2500. He then sent another 1500 separately. I also told him if he pulls any funny business like that he would be nuked and I would make sure he goes to jail. Btw, I was fully prepared to lose money on this and get an attorney to put pressure on the local police to arrest his ass.

I told him to send me 1500 for wasting my time, as i had to put hours into dealing with this, and it was just a pain in the ass in general.

It is actually an interesting legal question, and I thought about it when i demanded the 1500 for my time. Could that be classified as extortion? I am obviously not worried about a scammer trying to come after me for extortion but still am curious what the law is regarding that especially if one took it to the extreme.

For example, Some guy tries to rip you off for 10k and you have 100 percent proof this was his intention. In your research, you find out he is a career scammer. You then tell him you want 10k back and then another 50k for punitive damages, emotional distress or whatever and if he doesnt pay you will expose him.
    Extortion is when force or violence is threatened, while blackmail is when release of info is threatened.

Also, since you mentioned the time you spent involved in this matter, he is compensating you for your time. Send him an invoice for the time and you are probably covered if your time is otherwise similarly valuable based on your career/opportunity costs. "Due diligence research" sounds like a reasonable item category. But if the amount demanded isn't comparable to what you would otherwise earn for your time, that would almost surely qualify as blackmail.

P.S. On the other hand, fraud generally commands treble (triple) damges in civil cases. So, you could say that the less-than-treble damages (4000/2500 < 3) is an out-of-court settlement in lieu of pursuing the matter in civil court.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 04-04-2016 at 05:27 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information