Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Valets at The Parking Spot Los Angeles had a hip hop party in my car

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Yes, I was upset by this, but not enough to ruin the rest of the evening.

It's actually not a Jew angle shoot for free parking. If it were that, I would have tried to pressure the assistant manager to just refund my money right there. I didn't, an just left after he took the report.

Instead I am going to talk to the general manager on Monday, so they can actually look into it and maybe catch who did it.

The refund part is simply because I don't believe I should have to pay for this "service" because I did not get what I paid for (basically to have my car professionally parked and not tampered with).
    You are gonna try and get the guy fired?
    That's not within my power.

Am I going to try my best to have the general manager look into it and identify the one responsible? Yes.

Am I hoping that this results in the guy getting fired for this? Yes.

Anyone who does shit like this should NOT be parking people's cars for a living, and in fact should not have access to anyone's personal property.

I am doing the business AND future customers a favor by reporting this.

Would you want this guy holding the keys to your car for 8 days?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    You are gonna try and get the guy fired?
    This is the man that will refuse payment/slow-pay free roll winners if they aren't polite to him on the internets
    Nobody's payment was refused.

It is true that if you use my free site where I provide free services and my own expense and effort and hold a freeroll to win free money, I am not going to feel very motivated to give you such free money if you intentionally approach me like an asshole about it. You know, like every other business owner you could possibly think of.

But we've already been over this, and the individual in question has his precious $40.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Before anyone bitches about how I'm doing something to take away a man's livelihood, keep in mind that there are tons of unemployed people around LA who would LOVE to have this guy's job -- ones currently sitting with no job and no money, and ones who wouldn't be doing shady shit like this to people's cars.

This dude's job isn't a sacred thing that can't be touched.

If he gets fired, he will be replaced by someone who will almost surely be more honest and respectful towards others' property. And if by some chance he's replaced by another version of himself, then that person will also get fired, and so on...

When pieces of shit like this are removed from the service work force, this is a net win for everyone -- the business owner, the customers, other employees -- except for the asshole himself.

The funny thing is that if he were applying for a new valet job and rejected for admitting that he will fuck around with the cars while on break, 100% of the people here would agree with that rejection.

Yet you report someone for doing exactly this at their existing job and get them fired, and some people see you as a heartless asshole who robs people of their livelihood.

Wrong.

The fewer terrible people in the service industry there are, the better off we will be.

You guys should be kissing my Jewish feet for weeding out scumbags like this from service jobs, because you might be the next person to encounter him.

Load Metric
    rich jew wants low wage worker to get fired cus he drove his beamer a half a mile. You're a peice of shit If you get the guy fired.Another thing, you never know who you're fucking with, and although the chances are very slim you just might get the wrong guy fired and wake up to your car on fire or maybe a guy waits for you to leave your house and smacks you with a bat a few times. Unlikely, but def possible.You're talking about taking food off a guys
    table and putting him out of work cus he drove the jews beamer a half mile, would if he has a family?
    Last edited by big dick; 04-03-2016 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    rich jew wants low wage worker to get fired cus he drove his beamer a half a mile. You're a peice of shit If you get the guy fired.Another thing, you never know who you're fucking with, and although the chances are very slim you just might get the wrong guy fired and wake up to your car on fire or maybe a guy waits for you to leave your house and smacks you with a bat a few times. Unlikely, but def possible.You're talking about taking food of a guys
    table and putting him out of work cus he drove the jews beamer a half mile, would if he has a family?
    Did you read the thread?

This is NOT about driving my car a half a mile.

This is about spending extended time in my car reclining the seat, fucking with my radio, and going through my navigation system. When you give someone your car for valet parking, it is very clear what they are supposed to do -- park it and do nothing else. Anything beyond that is a dickhead invasion-of-privacy-and-property move, and deserves instant firing.

100% this guy knew what he was doing was totally against company policy, which is why he probably drove it down the street to do whatever he did.

Come on... you know you wouldn't want this guy going anywhere near your own car.

Who do you think deserves the valet job more? This piece of shit who is BLATANTLY invading my privacy and breaking the #1 rule at his company, or a good guy who is unemployed and can't find a valet job right now? Because I guarantee that hundreds of relatively good dudes "with a family" will be applying for that vacancy if he does get fired.

I'm not worried about him taking it out on me because he doesn't have my address, and it's not easy to come by. Not impossible, but I doubt a valet at a parking lot is going to have the ability to do this, plus he probably won't remember my name anyway. Besides, he knows he's guilty and did something he isn't supposed to, and people tend not to retaliate much when a customer reports them for doing bad things they actually did. I'm not going to live in fear of this. I wasn't afraid to go on national TV and call out AP/UB for cheating me in front of 18 million people, and I'm not afraid to report an asshole who does something like this.

I just don't understand how you can want this guy to continue having access to other people's vehicles after apparently believing that he fucked around with mine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I want all piece of shit employees fired.

I'm not talking about people who make occasional human mistakes.

I'm talking about assholes who use their job to fuck with people, scam, cheat, steal, destroy property, purposefully inconvenience people, gain access to others' property that they otherwise shouldn't have, etc.

Basically if you are using your job as a tool to harm people or fuck with your stuff, you should lose that job.

Period.

That's always been the general theme of this site and what I stand for.

Load Metric
    rich jew wants low wage worker to get fired cus he drove his beamer a half a mile. You're a peice of shit If you get the guy fired.Another thing, you never know who you're fucking with, and although the chances are very slim you just might get the wrong guy fired and wake up to your car on fire or maybe a guy waits for you to leave your house and smacks you with a bat a few times. Unlikely, but def possible.You're talking about taking food off a guys
    You're right, because if I found out who did it to me, he wouldn't just lose his job, his friends would nickname him 'stubby'.

Load Metric
    I read it. I just don't agree with getting people fired for petty bullshit.Would I want him to park my car?No.. would I try to have him fired in the same situation? Fuck no

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I read it, I just don't agree with getting people fired for petty bullshit.Would I want him to park my car?No.. would I try to have him fired in the same situation? Fuck no
    You are overlooking the fact that I can't fire anyone.

All I can do is report what actually happened to the manager of the lot, who will then review tape and decide whether this guy should be working there.

So are you saying I should hide this from the general manager, so this shady guy can keep doing this shit to other cars?

Load Metric
    I read it. I just don't agree with getting people fired for petty bullshit.Would I want him to park my car?No.. would I try to have him fired in the same situation? Fuck no
    The question on the table is if you caught him in the act would you kick his ass there on the spot?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    The question on the table is if you caught him in the act would you kick his ass there on the spot?
    Ehh yeah maybe, but I wouldn't get him fired.

Load Metric
    I read it, I just don't agree with getting people fired for petty bullshit.Would I want him to park my car?No.. would I try to have him fired in the same situation? Fuck no

All I can do is report what actually happened to the manager of the lot, who will then review tape and decide whether this guy should be working there.
    yes
    So are you saying I should hide this from the general manager, so this shady guy can keep doing this shit to other cars?
    yes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Ehh yeah maybe, but I wouldn't get him fired.
    If you instigate a confrontation and you kick his ass, he won't have a job the next day. Which is exactly the point, it's way more humanitarian if he just gets fired.

People don't learn lessons if you reward them for incompetence. That you somehow feel that this is the only job that this schlub could ever get and could never get another one is a fucked up world view.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I generally try to live as lazy and stress free an existence as my circumstances allow.
    You stole my life philosophy and adopted it as your own. You lazy bastard!

Load Metric
    Quoted wrong post but on phone so bitch to change

Was this explained on radio and I missed it? I agree that he should not be changing radio stations. Don't know about navigation enough to comment. Seat back who knows.

But not sure where inference is coming that the guy or girl is a peice of shit which is repeatedly stated throughout thread. The above mistakes are amateur but I've yet to see info that suggests this person is harming others.

Reporting is fine if you feel you are wronged. I'm just confused about hostility when no harm has been shown yet.fact is a lot of these valets are kids with poor sense of professionalism. I think it's fi e to follow up with manager. Just not convinced this is as nefarious as you think.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quoted wrong post but on phone so bitch to change

Was this explained on radio and I missed it? I agree that he should not be changing radio stations. Don't know about navigation enough to comment. Seat back who knows.

But not sure where inference is coming that the guy or girl is a peice of shit which is repeatedly stated throughout thread. The above mistakes are amateur but I've yet to see info that suggests this person is harming others.

Reporting is fine if you feel you are wronged. I'm just confused about hostility when no harm has been shown yet.fact is a lot of these valets are kids with poor sense of professionalism. I think it's fi e to follow up with manager. Just not convinced this is as nefarious as you think.
    These aren't kids. I have never seen a valet attendant there who looks under 30.

This was not a rookie mistake. All valets are trained on Day 1 of work that tampering with equipment in the car (or anything else) is a HUGE no-no, and is cause for immediate termination.

You are correct that I don't know that this was nefarious to the point of criminal activity. However, at the very least this person has no respect for others' property that they are supposed to be handling with respect and care, and should not be handling vehicles of others.

If this were actually just a "rookie mistake", I would be more forgiving, but I can't picture a possible scenario to where it was.

Load Metric

I'm talking about assholes who use their job to fuck with people, scam, cheat, steal, destroy property, purposefully inconvenience people, gain access to others' property that they otherwise shouldn't have, etc.

Basically if you are using your job as a tool to harm people or fuck with your stuff, you should lose that job.

Period.

Ok dude. You just crossed the Rubicon on this one. I'm not saying what the guy did wasn't "wrong". But you just called a likely minimum wage worker who will never drive a 7 series of his own a POS for moving the seat and listening to his favorite radio station for the .2 mile joyride. Just my opinion here but you have officially starting to take this too far.

I mean by all means call it in and complain if you want, as is your right. Hell is even agree with you. But making a blanket assumption this guy is a POS? Hell this is something I may have done back in college and I'm guessing many of the rest of us would have as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Period.

Ok dude. You just crossed the Rubicon on this one. I'm not saying what the guy did wasn't "wrong". But you just called a likely minimum wage worker who will never drive a 7 series of his own a POS for moving the seat and listening to his favorite radio station for the .2 mile joyride. Just my opinion here but you have officially starting to take this too far.

I mean by all means call it in and complain if you want, as is your right. Hell is even agree with you. But making a blanket assumption this guy is a POS? Hell this is something I may have done back in college and I'm guessing many of the rest of us would have as well.
    The only way this idiot has a chance of future success is if he is taught a lesson right now. Fired or an ass kicking expedites the process of him getting his own 7 series.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    UPDATE

I talked to the general manager today. It was a weird call, and contained some elements I didn't expect.

- He already had a full report of my situation and had investigated it. Indeed, he repeated back to me everything I claimed on Friday night.

- He "checked the cameras" and talked to both valets (the one who parked my car, and the one who returned it to me). He said that everything looked okay. However, when I asked if he checked how long each valet had the car on the cameras, he said the he didn't know, and that he would have to recheck them to make sure they didn't take an excessive amount of time parking my car. So I'm not sure what he possibly could have been "checking" if he ignored the essential step of seeing what each valet did from start to finish.

- He said that "there could only be two people involved in possible wrongdoing -- the valet who parked it, and the one who returned it to you." He said that given that the camera cleared both people, he can't find any evidence this occurred. I challenged this by saying that the car was with them for 8 days, and that someone else could have accessed it sometime in the middle. He interrupted me and said that this wasn't possible, because they have an "inventory control" system in place, preventing keys from disappearing. However, this inventory control is only done once per day. When I asked how they could have prevented someone who knew the time of day "inventory control" is done from borrowing my keys for 15 minutes without detection, he reluctantly admitted that this was possible, but that there is "no proof" this occurred. So he started out assuring me that ruling out those two valets would prove that nothing happened, but then had to sheepishly concede that wasn't true.

- Regarding the 0.4 miles, he could have easily told me that this made sense due to a lot of internal driving within the lots to find a spot, or to have to move cars around sometimes to make room. I would have a hard time disproving it. But he didn't say that! Instead, he admitted that the 0.4 miles was "strange" and "excessive", and that the drive to the neighboring lot is VERY short through a little tunnel, but could not explain why my car had 0.4 miles clocked. He also conceded that their logs showed my car was never accessed in the 8 days it was parked, so there wouldn't have been extra mileage from adjusting where it was parked.

- He claimed that they have cameras "everywhere" and that any driving of my vehicle beyond directly parking it would have been caught on camera. I then asked how they don't have an explanation for the 0.4 miles, if they supposedly saw my car being parked from start to finish. He didn't have an answer for that, and said he would "check the cameras again".

- He claimed that he did not have the authority to refund my $124, nor did his boss ("the regional VP"). I found it very odd that the general manager wouldn't have such authority, and especially the regional VP. He kept pushing me to file an insurance claim if I wanted the money back, but could not explain what that process entailed. He kept repeating, "An investigation needs to be done before you can get your $124 back". I told him I was fine with the investigation (and in fact wanted them to do one), but that an insurance claim seemed weird, because nothing was damaged. From pressing the matter, it became fairly clear to me that the insurance claim would probably be denied in the absence of proof on their end (on camera) that something wrong occurred. So that's bullshit. No way I'm going through a long claims process just to be denied. He kept repeating, "There's no way to predict a claim result", but I told him that at the very least I need to know what the insurance company is looking for in order to pay a claim. He said he would call me back next week about this, as he was about to go on vacation for the remainder of this week.

- I concluded the call by telling him that I was fine with him calling me next week with more information, but that I wasn't going to submit any claim unless I thought there was a high chance it would be approved. I told him that it should be much easier if he can just get his boss to approve refunding my $124, especially since I have shown enough evidence to his assistant (the 0.4 miles, the radio station, etc) to where they should just give me the benefit of the doubt and kick back the money. He said that he would talk to his boss and see if they can manage that.

Interestingly, he never tried to assert that this was a misunderstanding or that perhaps my car did this stuff on its own due to glitches. He acted like he believed SOMEONE changed this stuff, but was trying to bend over backwards to explain why it wasn't his employees -- as if it could have been anyone else. At one point, I finally remarked, "Well, this definitely happened. I didn't imagine this, and a ghost didn't do it. If it happened, it had to be one of your people." He simply replied, "I understand." So I think he knows this really occurred.

So yeah, looks to me like a cover-up (or he didn't bother to check any cameras at all), and he just wanted me to fill out a LOL insurance claim form which will be denied and assumed that I would give up at that point.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff needs "valet mode" for the future:

Comments

4Dragons:
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Thread Information