Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Valets at The Parking Spot Los Angeles had a hip hop party in my car

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Subcompact won't work for the family and all the stuff.

Decent idea, but too much of a pain in the ass, to be honest. Two car rentals and returns will waste a lot of time.

I have considered the solution of just self-parking it at one of the low-priced covered lots, and using a cab to get there when I return (the shuttle service FROM these places always seems to be fairly good, for some reason).
    for a few dollars more you can get a larger car...most of the $87 is the drop off charge which doesn't vary by car type ( the Kia day rate is only $28)...and the rental is for 24 hours, so you rent/pick up the car the day before, leave from home next am with the whole family and drop it off at LAX before 24 hours is up...and when return you take the family home, then drive to the Enterprise and drop off...i believe they will give you the driver a ride to and from your house gratis (tip)
    It's not really about the price. It's about the pain in the ass factor. Just adds a lot of time to do 2 rentals. I know because I rent cars all the time (including on this trip), and the whole thing is time consuming.

Just not worth it in order to avoid parking lot problems.

Load Metric

for a few dollars more you can get a larger car...most of the $87 is the drop off charge which doesn't vary by car type ( the Kia day rate is only $28)...and the rental is for 24 hours, so you rent/pick up the car the day before, leave from home next am with the whole family and drop it off at LAX before 24 hours is up...and when return you take the family home, then drive to the Enterprise and drop off...i believe they will give you the driver a ride to and from your house gratis (tip)
    It's not really about the price. It's about the pain in the ass factor. Just adds a lot of time to do 2 rentals. I know because I rent cars all the time (including on this trip), and the whole thing is time consuming.

time waste??? what hell else do you have to do Oh Man of Leisure who does not have day job?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

time waste??? what hell else do you have to do Oh Man of Leisure who does not have day job?
    One thing I hate about travel is all of the busywork that comes to both planning it and getting there.

Booking things, checking in, checking out, packing, unpacking, renting cars, returning cars, traveling to the airport, going through security, flying, getting out of the airport, etc.

I like shortening and simplifying the process as much as possible, short of greatly increasing the cost to where doing so is ridiculous.

For example, I almost never take any flights where there's a stop when a nonstop is available.

This is also why I find it so easy to travel between LA and Vegas, because I just get in my own car and drive.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: well i give up...i guess you would know best if your family is worth the your time and effort

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just saw FPS Russia neg-repped with this:

Comments

FPS_Russia: You seriously got a manager reviewing tapes and somebody's about to get fired over less than half a mile. Dude you're being a major league douchebag.

Can you read?

This isn't about half a mile.

It's about someone fucking with my radio and nav system, and leaning back my seat to listen to hip hop, rather than just parking my car and leaving.

So yes, I want the guy fired. He should never do shit like that.

Is this what Bernie supporters believe? That cars are everyone's public domain?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    2,112 feet, that's how far your car moved. He literally didn't drive it anywhere. Even just across the street, down one aisle to the spot, and return trip having to maybe circle around to pull in and park correctly. That's it. He didn't go joy riding, he didn't go fucking anywhere. Each way he drove it less than one trip around a running track. Ever been to a running track Druff? It's short as hell. 2,112 feet FFS. I could easily run that far in about 3 minutes, so drive time would be about 45-60 seconds even in a parking lot
    The 0.4 miles isn't at all the most important part of this story. It's just an extra piece of evidence that they probably drove it a bit off property so they could do whatever without being seen by cameras/management. I don't think they took it on a Ferris Bueller type joyride.

0.4 miles is more than you think. Try driving across the street and back. You are unlikely to see 0.1 clock, let alone 0.4.

But all of this is really a moot discussion, because I don't give a shit if this stuff happened on or off property. I care that some asshole reclined my seat and had a hip hop radio party instead of parking my car.

It's possible your odo. was just about to rollover to the next tenth when you handed it to valet and was at the very start of a new tenth when you got it back. He could of drove 10 feet and the next tenth could of appeared.

but seriously let's cut the bullshit.
    Nothing out of the ordinary happened to your car. You're obsessed with getting good value from places you do business. You're an expert at calling various managers and turning petty complaints into incredible savings, respect The valet changes the radio station while parking the car. Druff calls the manager alleging there may of been a party in his car complete with sex, drugs, and hip hop. Bit of an angle shoot? It'll be interesting to see what the manager says the security cameras recorded.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post

The 0.4 miles isn't at all the most important part of this story. It's just an extra piece of evidence that they probably drove it a bit off property so they could do whatever without being seen by cameras/management. I don't think they took it on a Ferris Bueller type joyride.

0.4 miles is more than you think. Try driving across the street and back. You are unlikely to see 0.1 clock, let alone 0.4.

But all of this is really a moot discussion, because I don't give a shit if this stuff happened on or off property. I care that some asshole reclined my seat and had a hip hop radio party instead of parking my car.

It's possible your odo. was just about to rollover to the next tenth when you handed it to valet and was at the very start of a new tenth when you got it back. He could of drove 10 feet and the next tenth could of appeared.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened to your car. You're obsessed with getting good value from places you do business. You're an expert at calling various managers and turning petty complaints into incredible savings, respect The valet changes the radio station while parking the car. Druff calls the manager alleging there may of been a party in his car complete with sex, drugs, and hip hop. Bit of an angle shoot? It'll be interesting to see what the manager says the security cameras recorded.
    Why should the valet be touching my radio?

Why were the settings on my navigation system tampered with?

Why was my seat leaned way back -- to where it could never be comfortable for anyone to drive that way?

Do you think that valets who do this should keep their job?

Their job is to park the car and not tamper with anything else unrelated to actually parking it.

The radio was OFF when I left the car with them. At some point, the guy turned it on, changed the station, leaned my seat way back, and also found the time to screw with my navigation system.

All of this is UNACCEPTABLE.

When you give your car to someone for any service, THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SCREW AROUND WITH IT.

This is 1000% against the rules at all valet parking companies, and is cause for immediate termination.

If this were simply about the odometer reading 0.4 when I think it should read 0.1 or 0.2, I agree that reporting it would be petty.

However, here I have 100% clear evidence that someone was screwing around with my car when I was gone, and that's absolutely something that should not be happening when you're entrusting your vehicle to a valet service.

Furthermore, the nav system makes me also wonder if they were trying to use it to figure out my home address so they could target a home that is empty. Who knows? Definitely this whole thing deserves reporting.

BTW, this is not about the money. Were it simply about getting a refund, I could have demanded the assistant manager refund my credit card on the spot, and drop the whole thing.

Instead, I left with no refund (and didn't ask for one), and prefer that the general manager actually investigates this. Maybe he will find something, maybe he won't, maybe he will find something and cover it up. But I at least want to deal with the top manager about this, so hopefully I receive a refund and whoever decided to have a little party in my car will get fired.

Assholes who use their position at work to violate people's privacy and personal property deserve to get canned.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Why was my seat leaned way back -- to where it could never be comfortable for anyone to drive that way?

Their job is to park the car and not tamper with anything else unrelated to actually parking it.

The radio was OFF when I left the car with them. At some point, the guy turned it on, changed the station, leaned my seat way back, and also found the time to screw with my navigation system.

When you give your car to someone for any service, THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO SCREW AROUND WITH IT.

This is 1000% against the rules at all valet parking companies, and is cause for immediate termination.

If this were simply about the odometer reading 0.4 when I think it should read 0.1 or 0.2, I agree that reporting it would be petty.

However, here I have 100% clear evidence that someone was screwing around with my car when I was gone, and that's absolutely something that should not be happening when you're entrusting your vehicle to a valet service.

Furthermore, the nav system makes me also wonder if they were trying to use it to figure out my home address so they could target a home that is empty. Who knows? Definitely this whole thing deserves reporting.

BTW, this is not about the money. Were it simply about getting a refund, I could have demanded the assistant manager refund my credit card on the spot, and drop the whole thing.

Instead, I left with no refund (and didn't ask for one), and prefer that the general manager actually investigates this. Maybe he will find something, maybe he won't, maybe he will find something and cover it up. But I at least want to deal with the top manager about this, so hopefully I receive a refund and whoever decided to have a little party in my car will get fired.

Assholes who use their position at work to violate people's privacy and personal property deserve to get canned.
    To bad you don't hold your fav. politicians to such high standards, geez.

In the real world, yea a valet may change your radio station. Sounds like some 19 yo valet really liked your Beemer. Deal with it. Your car drove approx 1000 feet to and 1000 feet back, SCANDAL OMG! Yea the valet should keep his job. The manager should just remind him to not touch anyone's stuff because there are people who complain about petty bullshit.

Load Metric

To bad you don't hold your fav. politicians to such high standards, geez.

In the real world, yea a valet may change your radio station. Sounds like some 19 yo valet really liked your Beemer. Deal with it. Your car drove approx 1000 feet to and 1000 feet back, SCANDAL OMG! Yea the valet should keep his job. The manager should just remind him to not touch anyone's stuff because there are people who complain about petty bullshit.
    ???

So if you hire a housekeeper and they decide to re-arrange your living room.....thats ok as well?

Load Metric
    FPS Russia wants someone to pay him $15 an hour to not post on PFA.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I've actually mentioned this before, not tolling at all. BMW's are notorious for glitches in their electrical systems, just saying.

Druff's seriously pissed off some knucklehead turned on his radio and less than half a mile. What's weird is that they didn't turn bother to turn the radio off. Esp if they have strict policies against this type of stuff. If the manager doesn't like this particular valet he can fire him, if he's a honest guy that made a small mistake, big deal.

I think stuff getting stolen or damaged are firing offenses for valets. Turning on the radio, verbal warning.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I've actually mentioned this before, not tolling at all. BMW's are notorious for glitches in their electrical systems, just saying.

Druff's seriously pissed off some knucklehead turned on his radio and less than half a mile. What's weird is that they didn't turn bother to turn the radio off. Esp if they have strict policies against this type of stuff. If the manager doesn't like this particular valet he can fire him, if he's a honest guy that made a small mistake, big deal.

I think stuff getting stolen or damaged are firing offenses for valets. Turning on the radio, verbal warning.
    I've owned this car for over 3 years, and drive it every day.

You are correct that there are occasional glitches in the computer system.

However, not once has it ever switched to a random radio station on its own. So the only time this happens is when I leave it with the valet? What are the chances that was the car glitching, and not someone screwing with it?

What about the seat being highly reclined, and then navigation system settings changed? Also a coincidence?

This is a #1 rule of valet parking. You don't tamper with the car you're parking. You park it, you lock it, you get out and leave. Any other behavior should be cause for termination.

The navigation system thing actually concerns me even more than the radio, because it makes me wonder what he was looking for.

Bottom line is that this should never happen. You are trusting the company with your car, and they need to uphold that trust by not tampering with things inside of it. Period.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    but seriously... if you had Robert Shapiro as your lawyer he would advise you to produce a marijuana pipe and marijuana that you found in the car along with all what you said. prob get you high 5 figures.

Load Metric
    just to clarify.....you could have just adjusted the seat and changed the radio station and been done with it, right?

Comments

Corrigan: lol

The_Lurker: I know, HUH?

FPS_Russia: /thread haha

GrenadaRoger: Turn the other cheek rep---but that's new testament

DirtyErnie: meth > druff

Load Metric
    2,112 feet, that's how far your car moved. He literally didn't drive it anywhere. Even just across the street, down one aisle to the spot, and return trip having to maybe circle around to pull in and park correctly. That's it. He didn't go joy riding, he didn't go fucking anywhere. Each way he drove it less than one trip around a running track. Ever been to a running track Druff? It's short as hell. 2,112 feet FFS. I could easily run that far in about 3 minutes, so drive time would be about 45-60 seconds even in a parking lot
    Typical Searles response on PFA. This is an eighty thousand dollar 7 series not a busted chevy pickup truck like you drive. I'd be pissed as hell too. I don't care about the .4 miles driven. Fucker doesn't need to be touching my radio or reclining my seat. Park the fucking car and be done with it.

Load Metric
    Druff is correct on this one. This isn't a tomatos on the side or babies r us incident. Searles wouldn't understand because he is low class. He's the type of guy who would do what was done to a nice car. My only advice is to take little benny's moms car next time. She has a beemer but there is no way Druff bought her a 7 series. I'm thinking low 5 or maybe even a 3. What say you Druff.

Load Metric
    this is definitely fucked up and I'd be pissed too. I still think you needed to find vegas1369 and plant some weed and maybe a condom wrapper rapper. Fuck Valet.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 04-03-2016 at 05:45 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This is what Druff thinks may of happened haha. They even have the hip hop bumping. If Druff had a gay twin he'd look like the driver.

Load Metric
    Lol that you actually take a picture of your odometer. So some kid took your 2005 Honda Civic for a little joyride down Century Blvd.? Get over it. Here is a little LAX advice. Park in Lot C and take the shuttle bus like the rest of us commoners.
    Last edited by Jayjami; 04-03-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Typical Searles response on PFA. This is an eighty thousand dollar 7 series not a busted chevy pickup truck like you drive. I'd be pissed as hell too. I don't care about the .4 miles driven. Fucker doesn't need to be touching my radio or reclining my seat. Park the fucking car and be done with it.
    Perhaps the valet was an ex football player and needed more room. How far off was the station from the last one Druff had on? Maybe he hit scan by accident.

Again like I said earlier. This isn't a Ferrari it is a BMW which are now super common. Doubt some minimum wage valet dude wants to lose his job over that.

Or the other reason is Druff had the same valet within the last year. He didn't tip and the guy was pissed.

Thread Information