Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Valets at The Parking Spot Los Angeles had a hip hop party in my car

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Valets at The Parking Spot Los Angeles had a hip hop party in my car

Airport parking at LAX is never an easy choice.

There are a number of options, but all of them are flawed.

Since 2015, most lots in the area degraded their shuttle service. So you're stuck waiting in the crowded and auto-exhaust-heavy median of LAX for up to 90 minutes to get a shuttle back.

I used to use a lot called "105 Airport Parking", until they developed this problem. Then I started looking for another lot to use, but yet I found review after review claiming nearly all other lots had the same problem.

The only lot which had a shuttle service with a good reputation was The Parking Spot. They are the most expensive, but usually you can find a weekly rate coupon to where the price comes down to closer to what the cheaper lots charge (though still more expensive).

In September I used them without incident, though I did see one disturbing thing where an employee moving luggage bumped a parked car, and didn't bother stopping to see if he damaged anything. (I checked and it turned out there was no damage, but there easily could have been.) But I chalked this up to something that will happen in any lot.

I usually hate valet parking. I avoid it like the plague, for many reasons. Most notably, I hate the long wait to get your car back (and having no idea whether the wait will be 5 minutes or 30 minutes), and I hate the idea that others will be driving my car and will deny any damage they do to it.

The airport is one exception. Self parking is a huge pain in the ass, especially if you are traveling as a family and have a lot of luggage. So I use valet.

I got back last night to LAX and picked up my car after being gone 7 1/2 days. The good news is that there was no damage.

However, I noticed that my car's seat was leaned way back. When I say "leaned", I mean reclined. It is already scooted all the way back because I'm tall. This was weird, as even someone taller than me would not want to drive with the seat reclined. However, I dismissed this as simply an idiot who didn't know how to work the seat controls.

Then I started the car, and the radio came on. It was tuned to the last station listened to -- Power 106 (105.9 FM).

I never listen to that station, as it's hip-hop and I don't like that type of music.

This meant that someone turned on my radio (it was off when I got there), changed my radio to that station, AND left the radio on before exiting the car.

I then looked at the odometer. I always take a picture of it before I leave my car with a valet.

The car had 0.4 miles driven since I left it. That's nothing like the scene in Ferris Bueller, but it seemed way too much for simply valet parking the car and bringing it back, unless the lot was far away.

I inquired about where the valet lot is. I was told it's directly across the street. So 0.4 miles made zero sense.

At this point, it became clear to me that the valet(s) there must have decided to take my BMW out for a relaxing break to a nearby property, where they reclined back and listened to their favorite hip-hop station for awhile. Maybe they even test-drove it around the block.

I told the night manager about all of this. He documented everything. He saw my proof about the odometer and admitted that the 0.4 miles "did not make sense". He claimed that there are cameras everywhere, even dating back to March 25th when I left it.

I am supposed to get a call back from the location's general manager on Monday.

My guess is that they will deny everything.

Cliffs: Valet parking sucks.

Comments

FPS_Russia: You seriously got a manager reviewing tapes and somebody's about to get fired over less than half a mile. Dude you're being a major league douchebag.

MumblesBadly: Re not knowing how long the wait will be: I hear ya. I've had the same experience waiting for the PFA radio show to start. Repeatedly.

JohnCommode: .4 miles? Must be a California thing. I'm happy if the car comes back with the same 4 tires.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    0.4 miles is kinda meh.

Next time tell them you have a dash cam that records everything and is triggered by movement sensors (or even get one so it's true).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Name:  f56d030b83b2ec372f7e39fc9eef670d74a9110a46e460f34a06257998cc0371_1.gif
Views: 644
Size:  367.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    0.4 miles is kinda meh.

Next time tell them you have a dash cam that records everything and is triggered by movement sensors (or even get one so it's true).
    I actually DO have a dashcam, but I took it down before I left on the trip because I was afraid it would get stolen!

I am thinking of bullshitting claiming that I have a camera hidden in there, but I will save that lie only in case they deny it.

The 0.4 miles doesn't mean much by itself. However, even the lot manager admitted that their lot is across the street, and that he couldn't imagine how 0.4 miles could have been driven. Combined with the other evidence, I think they took the car off property a bit to "hide" while they did whatever they did in my car, and then drove it back.

Load Metric
    0.4 miles, definitely meh.

It's not a ferrari.

That being said when they give you free parking next time will you take advantage of it? I'd be worried they would have a note on your account and your car might smell like piss the next time you pick it up.

Load Metric
    0.4 miles is kinda meh.

I actually DO have a dashcam, but I took it down before I left on the trip because I was afraid it would get stolen!

I am thinking of bullshitting claiming that I have a camera hidden in there, but I will save that lie only in case they deny it.

The 0.4 miles doesn't mean much by itself. However, even the lot manager admitted that their lot is across the street, and that he couldn't imagine how 0.4 miles could have been driven. Combined with the other evidence, I think they took the car off property a bit to "hide" while they did whatever they did in my car, and then drove it back.
    I wonder if in todays weird ass current culture that if you did actually have a HIDDEN camera in there, if you could somehow get sued for like illegally videotaping their employees or some shit. It wouldn't surprise me if it was possible.

Load Metric
    Druff you need to check out Uber.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    0.4 miles, definitely meh.

It's not a ferrari.

That being said when they give you free parking next time will you take advantage of it? I'd be worried they would have a note on your account and your car might smell like piss the next time you pick it up.
    nah druff would never accept an offer of something for free, it's just not in his nature.

Comments

Tellafriend: Lol.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I want a refund. not a free next time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff you need to check out Uber.
    Too far from the airport for this to be worth it.

Load Metric
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Silver
    Load Metric
    I dint know what part of LA you live in but if Van Nuys is near...you can park at the fly away bus stop for $1 per day...the shuttle to LAX is like $6 and they drop you off at your terminal. Cheap and easy and you avoid driving in the lax/405 congestion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I wonder if in todays weird ass current culture that if you did actually have a HIDDEN camera in there, if you could somehow get sued for like illegally videotaping their employees or some shit. It wouldn't surprise me if it was possible.
    Well you would be right in saying it's a private property issue, the thing is that they were in Todd's private property. No different than a security camera inside your house, so audio and visual permitted. That being said, his bimmer most likely costs as much as a small house.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    I dint know what part of LA you live in but if Van Nuys is near...you can park at the fly away bus stop for $1 per day...the shuttle to LAX is like $6 and they drop you off at your terminal. Cheap and easy and you avoid driving in the lax/405 congestion.
    I forgot about the flyaway. I'm not close to Van Nuys, but closer to it than LAX.

But how does it avoid the 405/LAX congestion? The bus will still hit traffic going there.

Also, how often do their shuttles come to LAX? I hardly ever see them when I'm waiting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hutmaster View Post
    I forgot about the flyaway. I'm not close to Van Nuys, but closer to it than LAX.

But how does it avoid the 405/LAX congestion? The bus will still hit traffic going there.

Also, how often do their shuttles come to LAX? I hardly ever see them when I'm waiting.

I gotta cab from West Hollywood to LAX and it cost me $40. That has to be better than hazarding your vehicle.

Load Metric
    what a piece of shit. Taking it for a ride is one thing, but smoking in it and letting the dog run around is a dick move.
    I used to valet park cars and not once ever did a vette owner let me park his car. They always payed extra to be parked up front, literally everytime.

Banned
    Load Metric
    .4 miles huh?

Valet OBV pick up skank, drove to the far corner of the lot, banged the skank in your reclined front seat, then returned your car to its original spot.

Dude, you sat in cum
    Last edited by The_Lurker; 04-02-2016 at 06:18 PM.

Load Metric
    Ahahah lolzzzz

Load Metric
    nice to think some fat greasy loser farted up that sweet Corinthian leather and playen shit music on a Bang & Olufsen stereo after only playing 80s hits since new..... time to sell i think.

nuke em
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    2,112 feet, that's how far your car moved. He literally didn't drive it anywhere. Even just across the street, down one aisle to the spot, and return trip having to maybe circle around to pull in and park correctly. That's it. He didn't go joy riding, he didn't go fucking anywhere. Each way he drove it less than one trip around a running track. Ever been to a running track Druff? It's short as hell. 2,112 feet FFS. I could easily run that far in about 3 minutes, so drive time would be about 45-60 seconds even in a parking lot

Comments

Fartapotomous: Did you ever buy your kid a cookie so he can be fat like his dad? Get him 2 dozen

Sloppy Joe: You often use 'literally' incorrect and LOL at you banging out .4 mile in 3 minutes
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information