Thread: ****OFFICIAL HELP OSA GET A JOB****

Diamond
    Load Metric

****OFFICIAL HELP OSA GET A JOB****

Looking to get an entry level job in marketing/advertising(or business related) for the summer possibly longer once I start business school in Sept. Problem is I have no experience and I need to bullshit my resume. Anyone in that field or related to business in which you can give me a few tips on what to write as previous job duties?

Also, I am going agency to agency since CL/Indeed etc are all a waste of time and I will never hear from anyone because of the volume of email they receive. Any good intro I can start off with or mention so that they will consider me? TIA

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Looking to get an entry level job in marketing/advertising(or business related) for the summer possibly longer once I start business school in Sept. Problem is I have no experience and I need to bullshit my resume. Anyone in that field or related to business in which you can give me a few tips on what to write as previous job duties?

Also, I am going agency to agency since CL/Indeed etc are all a waste of time and I will never hear from anyone because of the volume of email they receive. Any good intro I can start off with or mention so that they will consider me? TIA
    Use Tom Dwan as a reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  Phil-Spector.gif
Views: 320
Size:  141.6 KB

Load Metric
    Shoot over your resume to Churches Chicken
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Assuming this is a level. We are getting ready to go back into a recession. Part time advertising job? Are you fucking kidding? Exactly what could you deliver to a firm in advertising / marketing on a PART TIME basis?

LOL @ Business School. I have a business degree, and nobody cares. The streets are flooded with MBAs right now. Not sure your career goals, but going to 'Business School' after the age of 25 is a total losing proposition.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset316 View Post

Assuming this is a level. We are getting ready to go back into a recession. Part time advertising job? Are you fucking kidding? Exactly what could you deliver to a firm in advertising / marketing on a PART TIME basis?

LOL @ Business School. I have a business degree, and nobody cares. The streets are flooded with MBAs right now. Not sure your career goals, but going to 'Business School' after the age of 25 is a total losing proposition.
    WHERE DO YOU SEE PART TIME YOU FUCK FACE?

Didn't ask for career advice. Thanks tho.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  cocksucker.gif
Views: 396
Size:  44.0 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric

Ummmm. a "summer job"? That is part time. Basically your resume is flunking out of law school. You offer NOTHING to any advertising firm. Basically you are looking for someone to pay you for ideas that nobody cares about.

Think about it. Why the fuck would any pay you for Marketing advice? Your skill set is selling back lightly used law books for a discount.

Load Metric

or market franchises

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  NCAAP.gif
Views: 502
Size:  53.9 KB

Load Metric

Honestly, you just have to nail the interview. Resumes all say the same shit nowadays (go check linkedin; fry cooks at mcDonalds list themselves as seasoning analysts in the potato futures market) so the interview is key. Lie your ass off as to your experience and be memorable (in a good way, not a creepy "do you know who Tony Dunst is" way).
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

Honestly, you just have to nail the interview. Resumes all say the same shit nowadays (go check linkedin; fry cooks at mcDonalds list themselves as seasoning analysts in the potato futures market) so the interview is key. Lie your ass off as to your experience and be memorable (in a good way, not a creepy "do you know who Tony Dunst is" way).

there is no way in the world this guy makes it through a personal interview without revealing creepishness......

he's fucked, might as well buy a noose and swing away

bye fluffy

Diamond
    Load Metric

That's the thing though,I never try to lie because I am afraid that I will trip myself and I will look like a scumbag. I already have stretched the truth on my resume and I have no clue what to say when they ask in depth about my duties.

Load Metric

That's the thing though,I never try to lie because I am afraid that I will trip myself and I will look like a scumbag. I already have stretched the truth on my resume and I have no clue what to say when they ask in depth about my duties.
    You don't need to say "I know how to create an excel spreadsheet" if you don't know how. Just "lie" about things that you do know something about, but that you have no formal training or education in. For instance, if they never checked my background, I could probably pass myself off as an Egyptologist considering I've read 100 books on Ancient Egypt (especially the Amarna period) and I'm a subscriber to KMT. So unless I was talking to an actual highly-informed Egyptologist they would never know I had no formal education or training in the field. Hell, I can rattle off the Pharoahs of the New Kingdom like my ABC's. Lie to your strengths, not your weaknesses.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Thread Information