Thread: Joe McKeehen going off on Twitter regarding 11am WSOP start times

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Joe McKeehen going off on Twitter regarding 11am WSOP start times

I don't love the 11am start times either, but he is coming off like a spoiled brat.

It's not like the start time is 7am. While I prefer 12pm, 11am is not unreasonable. Most of the world starts work at 8am.

https://twitter.com/dude904/with_replies

He's fighting with a ton of people, including Pokernews' Matthew Parvis.

McKeehen seems like an immature tool and isn't really ready for the fame associated with being a WSOP Main champion. Good thing for him that he won in 2015, rather than a year like 2005 when there would have been a lot more spotlight on him.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I just dont understand how when he has numerous people tell him that he is wrong that the poker media had nothing to do with the changes he tells them that they are wrong. Several people in the media and Daniel all have told him as much yet he keeps doubling down on his assertations that the wsop is "Shitting" on the players.

I get tired of hearing the argument that it's the pros that are paying so much in rake to play in 30 events a year when 99 percent of them are paying zero rake because they are 100 percent backed in these events since most are all broke. In the long run any new players that play in the events with earlier times is worth way more to poker than a pro who skips because of it

glantz and mercier have both told him he's an idiot and a tool for making such a big deal about it (along with a few other big name players) and joe continues to say all pros are opposed to the earlier times

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What's strange about this is the fact I've never heard the guy say more than 5 words at a time.....but yet behind the keyboard, he's become one of poker's biggest tilt monkeys and insta-blocks 50% of the people who @ him on twitter.

Also LOL at poker players who say they hate 11am start times. The majority of these degens would play at 5am if they had to instead of working an actual soul sucking job.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Platinum
    Load Metric
    What a fucking moron...

Hey Joey, know who likes 11am start times? Saul from Florida who is really shitty at poker and doesn't want to wait until noon to play...might want to consider that your "customers" like this start time instead of bitching like a little girl...I know it might be hard to get yourself presentable with an hour less time, but think you can manage..:

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    In fairness starting a poker tournament before noon has always and will always be preposterous. I can think of ZERO poker players that want to start a poker tournament before noon. Before this weird change noon was the earliest I had ever heard of a poker tournament starting (which is still too early)

On what planet are rec players noticing the hour earlier start and deciding to play an event because of it??? I'd really like to know.

Maybe Saul will hop into the later wsop event or one of the four daily tournaments because of his earlier bustout? Or maybe he will be more likely to buy into a cash game when he busts at 7:00 p.m. instead of 8:00?

I don't know how anyone can possibly argue that this isn't all about the WSOP trying to bludgeon the rec and some reg players to the max. What better way than to get everyone there an hour earlier?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    i would hope that one of the main reasons they did this was because the rec player wanted it...

Doesn't mean shit if the poker community/pros want it...you suck it up and deal with it if the guys who are coming in there to donate want it...if I knew some online fish planted his ass at the tables at 8AM sharp everyday id be damn sure to be there waiting for him to pay my rent...would I like it as a player? Probably not, but I like easy money waaaaaaay more than a few hours of missed sleep...

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This guy is getting loads of haters because he won a lot of money. I would guess that 90 percent of poker players don't want breakfast tournaments. I don't buy this rec players like to play a.m. poker crap. I play with nothing but Saul's and the earliest I can ever get a game started is 2:00 or 3:00 on the weekends and much later on weekdays. I remember they had an option to play flights of some tourneys starting at LOL 10:00 a.m. last year. I'm lucky if I'm sleeping by 10:00 a.m.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I'd be perfectly happy with every tourney starting at 10am ending at 10pm be in bed sleeping by midnight, wake up shower, eat breakfast watch the news go play. I'm naturally a night person but for a poker series that would be optimal for me at least

Load Metric
    McKeehen would hate playing Poker here in AZ then. The daily tourney at TSR starts at 11am which is the biggest daily around here, even their big stack tourneys start at 11 on the weekends..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    In fairness starting a poker tournament before noon has always and will always be preposterous. I can think of ZERO poker players that want to start a poker tournament before noon. Before this weird change noon was the earliest I had ever heard of a poker tournament starting (which is still too early)

On what planet are rec players noticing the hour earlier start and deciding to play an event because of it??? I'd really like to know.

Maybe Saul will hop into the later wsop event or one of the four daily tournaments because of his earlier bustout? Or maybe he will be more likely to buy into a cash game when he busts at 7:00 p.m. instead of 8:00?

I don't know how anyone can possibly argue that this isn't all about the WSOP trying to bludgeon the rec and some reg players to the max. What better way than to get everyone there an hour earlier?
    I get why you want night poker. I get it. n-words roam and do their damage when it's dark out. Play a little poker. Bust. Rob a 7-11 and you're back in action in like twenty minutes. Humans, however, tend to be up at reasonable times so they don't want to be fingering their asses all day waiting for a pm start when they can reasonably expect to be shanked and robbed by n-words like yourself. I tend to stay home at night because nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Comments

big dick: POOH

nunbeater: I am not racist

Load Metric
    lol

Comments

big dick: shut up faggot

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

I get why you want night poker. I get it. n-words roam and do their damage when it's dark out. Play a little poker. Bust. Rob a 7-11 and you're back in action in like twenty minutes. Humans, however, tend to be up at reasonable times so they don't want to be fingering their asses all day waiting for a pm start when they can reasonably expect to be shanked and robbed by n-words like yourself. I tend to stay home at night because nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Don't leave the house after midnight?

Christ, no wonder your fucking bird hates you.

It doesn't get good until after midnight, you miserable cunt.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Thread Information