Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Would Druff Do, KFC edition

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Here's the thing, I'm no parent and can't imagine being one. However, if I was one, there is no way on God's green Earth that I'm letting "KFC Val" decide if my son gets a treat or not. If the kid was cookie teased and you didn't instantly say no then just fork over the 49 cents and buy your son a damn cookie.

P.S. Black women aren't named Val.
    LOL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Here's the thing, I'm no parent and can't imagine being one. However, if I was one, there is no way on God's green Earth that I'm letting "KFC Val" decide if my son gets a treat or not. If the kid was cookie teased and you didn't instantly say no then just fork over the 49 cents and buy your son a damn cookie.

P.S. Black women aren't named Val.
    LOL
    Given, that every parent is raising the next Messiah, lets face it, KFC should be the treat.
    I've not tried KFC as our nanny, Valvivacious, served up unreal fried chicken, as only that type can.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: Val Viv Devoe

Load Metric
    Any parent in that scenario would just have purchased the cookie. To actually call corporate to try and have the bull dyke fired is absurd and shows what a petty individual you are as well as being a welsher. I can just see this asshat calling corporate and demanding the firing of an employee because she didn't give a free cookie. I can see op being so upset by this episode that he enrolled himself into psycho therapy. Maybe he could even sue KFC franchise for the emotional distress this has caused him afterwards.

Last edited by Fartapotomous; 03-30-2016 at 04:04 AM.

Load Metric
    Yea, you should definitely call the KFC and complain about not getting a free cookie.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This isn't about entitlement or a free cookie.

An employee promised something to a 3-year-old kid, and her manager rudely overruled it AFTER it was offered, even though the item was worth less than a dollar.

That's a really, really shitty thing to do, even in fast food.

It would have been different if jsearles asked, "Hey, can I have a free cookie for my 3-year-old?", and then was told no. In THAT case, the manager would have every right to deny it, because it would have been jsearles' fault for asking for something free. In this case, the cookie was already offered, the 3-year-old got excited, and the manager then reversed the offer. Awful.

With that said, LOL at denying your 3-year-old the cookie over this. Even I wouldn't have done that. Why disappoint your kid over something this? The correct play would have been to buy the cookie, then call back during business hours on a weekday and ask for the general manager of the store, and tell him/her what happened. I guarantee that you would get far more than the value of the cookie at that point -- likely an invitation to come back for a free meal.

You should also not call "corporate". Corporate doesn't give a shit about this, for two reasons. First, the store is likely franchised. Second, even if it's not franchised, this is not a big enough issue to warrant corporate involvement/interference.

You should reach the store general manager, who usually works Monday-Friday 8am-5pm type hours.

For those of you who think it is too harsh to report Val for something like this, you don't understand the profit margins of franchises. Most barely turn a profit or lose money. If there is a shitty manager with zero customer service skills driving valuable customers away, you are doing a good thing by reporting this to the general manger or owner. Every franchise owner would want to hear about something like this, as they have often sunk their life savings into this business, and don't want to see it flushed down the toilet by some mad-at-the-world, power-tripping second-tier manager.

You should never hesitate to report an overtly rude or power-tripping employee to management. That's a lot different than reporting an accidental, honest mistake.

Comments

Mintjewlips: it's a fucking cookie

drufdajewgod: At no point was the cookie ever "promised" druffsky

4Dragons: it's a fucking cookie

Forum Wars: Thas righhht

simpdog: /thread

jsearles22: I got a wall of red for saying what you said, you get a wall of green. Good job enforcing the rep rules

Fartapotomous: His neg rep and comments prove 100 percent what I said as a summation. He just doesn't get it and never will , feel terrible for his son to have him as a dad.

Belly Buster: sizzler creates a WWDDD thread and then red reps his answer.Offset rep.

Jayjami: If you free entitled to free cookies, then vote for Bernie Sanders.

nunbeater: WILD CARD BITCHES

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Personally I would just conclude that Val is a bitch. Go get my kid a cookie somewhere else and keep it moving. Thats just me.

Load Metric
    Druff has spoken.

/thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

An employee promised something to a 3-year-old kid, and her manager rudely overruled it AFTER it was offered, even though the item was worth less than a dollar.

It would have been different if jsearles asked, "Hey, can I have a free cookie for my 3-year-old?", and then was told no. In THAT case, the manager would have every right to deny it, because it would have been jsearles' fault for asking for something free. In this case, the cookie was already offered, the 3-year-old got excited, and the manager then reversed the offer. Awful.

With that said, LOL at denying your 3-year-old the cookie over this. Even I wouldn't have done that. Why disappoint your kid over something this? The correct play would have been to buy the cookie, then call back during business hours on a weekday and ask for the general manager of the store, and tell him/her what happened. I guarantee that you would get far more than the value of the cookie at that point -- likely an invitation to come back for a free meal.

You should also not call "corporate". Corporate doesn't give a shit about this, for two reasons. First, the store is likely franchised. Second, even if it's not franchised, this is not a big enough issue to warrant corporate involvement/interference.

You should reach the store general manager, who usually works Monday-Friday 8am-5pm type hours.

For those of you who think it is too harsh to report Val for something like this, you don't understand the profit margins of franchises. Most barely turn a profit or lose money. If there is a shitty manager with zero customer service skills driving valuable customers away, you are doing a good thing by reporting this to the general manger or owner. Every franchise owner would want to hear about something like this, as they have often sunk their life savings into this business, and don't want to see it flushed down the toilet by some mad-at-the-world, power-tripping second-tier manager.

You should never hesitate to report an overtly rude or power-tripping employee to management. That's a lot different than reporting an accidental, honest mistake.
    After 3 year old was promised a cookie, his welsher of a dad didn't buy him a cookie. I respectfully submit that this makes him even worse then the bull dyke as its his own child. What parent would not buy their son a cookie either at kfc or elsewhere in this type of situation? I really feel sorry for ops child and what he will have to go thru in life with a father like this. I agree with everything else druff said. I don't know if I agree completely with headquarters not caring about their franchisees. I have previously complained to headquarters regarding hotel rooms charged for even though canceled and after weeks of pending had the franchised hotel call me the day I spoke to headquarters and rescind the charge. I have also had bad meals comped at restaurants thru headquarters. It is kfc though so this may not apply.

Op is negligent and worse then the bull dyke because he should have gotten his son the cookie and explained to his son that there are mean people in the world and for his son to never treat people this way. Could have turned this experience into a win win instead of the huge net loss it turned into. Terrible parenting either way , I am sorry.

Comments

Jayjami: 2rd best avatar ever on this site.

Load Metric
    Im definitely calling the actual store manager tomorrow during the day, as well as calling corporate KFC and trying to get this bitch fired.
    It's been 24hrs. Did you follow through?

Many restaurant franchises have some kind of sign that indicates the franchise owners name and often solicits feedback

McDonalds is pretty standard with this practice. This is your target. I would communicate in writing. The level of discomfort is increased and ability to quickly dismiss the issue is decreased. Of course, this is the guy who can most easily compensate you without going through some approval process. He ignores your letter - you blow him up with corporate if you want a fatwah.

What should have been a quick and efficient transaction became needlessly uncomfortable for me and my family. An experience I would not risk experiencing again.

Relate the facts dispassionately. The episode plays itself out nicely.

Include s picture of the kid sitting in the truck. (Holding a drumstick. Lol)

There needs to be a leading question requiring the franchise owner to respond. "Should I avoid bringing my child through the drive-thru on Monday afternoons?"

The central question is:
    Are employees empowered to give away product? It's that simple.

Not making this issue crystal clear is bad management.

There should be a process. Product given away still needs to be accounted for. Ring it up with some code at register.

BCR's riff about not being your kids pal is excellent. Reread it again. If you are in a trade, the saying "a foreman is not a friend" is beyond question. A parent is not a pal. Get that right and your life as parent will be a lot simpler and have a better outcome.

Enjoy each other's company but I wouldn't give a moments thought about the kid's disappointment. It's life. There will be lots more where that came from.

Think Dodgers and you get the idea. Imagine Druff giving his kid a cookie every time they lost
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-30-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartapotomous View Post

After 3 year old was promised a cookie, his welsher of a dad didn't buy him a cookie. I respectfully submit that this makes him even worse then the bull dyke as its his own child. What parent would not buy their son a cookie either at kfc or elsewhere in this type of situation? I really feel sorry for ops child and what he will have to go thru in life with a father like this. I agree with everything else druff said. I don't know if I agree completely with headquarters not caring about their franchisees. I have previously complained to headquarters regarding hotel rooms charged for even though canceled and after weeks of pending had the franchised hotel call me the day I spoke to headquarters and rescind the charge. I have also had bad meals comped at restaurants thru headquarters. It is kfc though so this may not apply.

Op is negligent and worse then the bull dyke because he should have gotten his son the cookie and explained to his son that there are mean people in the world and for his son to never treat people this way. Could have turned this experience into a win win instead of the huge net loss it turned into. Terrible parenting either way , I am sorry.
    Yeah let's teach kids they will never be disappointed. Seems like a great idea. Here's your participation ribbon

Comments

Fartapotomous: I can so see op in the future promising his son a reward if he does well in school and then welshing

Sanlmar: OP got a quick 70 posts during dead time Give him that

bukowski72: Participation ribbon? Yet you were fine with your kid getting a cookie for doing nothing.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hongkonger View Post

LOL
    Given, that every parent is raising the next Messiah, lets face it, KFC should be the treat.
    I've not tried KFC as our nanny, Valvivacious, served up unreal fried chicken, as only that type can.
    Yea, women are better in the kitchen.

Silver
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    The only person who could get in trouble here is the check out window girl who was trying to be nice by giving a free cookie. I'd let it pass personally because I'd hate to see something bad happen to someone who was trying to give a poor bet welching fucks kid a free fucking cookie. If only she knew the truth about the fat fuck I'd bet she'd take a dump in your potatoes instead of what happened.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    The only person who could get in trouble here is the check out window girl who was trying to be nice by giving a free cookie. I'd let it pass personally because I'd hate to see something bad happen to someone who was trying to give a poor bet welching fucks kid a free fucking cookie. If only she knew the truth about the fat fuck I'd bet she'd take a dump in your potatoes instead of what happened.

Yeah, but this was the girl at the window

Name:  searls wife fence roller coaster.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  219.3 KB

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    1. Val doesn't matter.

2. Your kid doesn't need to be shown tough love when it comes to cookies at three years old.

3. The kid noticed you didn't instantly reject the idea of the cookie. That equals a yes.

4. If that cookie promiser was really sorry she would have sprung the two quarters and bought the cookie herself.

5. End thread.

Load Metric
    I agree, you were wronged, but I never understand why anyone would invest energy in 'correcting' a situation such as this.

People like Val are usually extremely unintelligent trailer trash with 2+ kids. They should still be nice, but fuck it, time is valuable.

It's a KFC employee; tell your kid that some people are mean and that he'll get to eat dinner in a bit.

If you're so mad, drive to the Popeye's down the road and give them your business instead.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I agree, you were wronged, but I never understand why anyone would invest energy in 'correcting' a situation such as this.

People like Val are usually extremely unintelligent trailer trash with 2+ kids. They should still be nice, but fuck it, time is valuable.

It's a KFC employee; tell your kid that some people are mean and that he'll get to eat dinner in a bit.

If you're so mad, drive to the Popeye's down the road and give them your business instead.

Prolly should blame it on how Druff has told many stories of how he works with feverish commitment to extract as much value from such situations with businesses -- just like at the poker table with a fish. Jpuppy has clearly fallen under the spell. Because his anger rose *after* leaving. Druff would have been angry immediately and taken action while sitting at the drive through.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Lifted Truck? I would guess you are worse in real life than the terrible "character" you play on here.

I really am only posting to say I was disappointed the thread was missing this:

Halloween at J's house:
    Last edited by bukowski72; 04-01-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Load Metric
    The best part of this thread was when Searles asked Druff for advice, literally in the thread title, and when Druff gave him honest advice Searles neg repped him. I mean can you be a bigger loser than that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    The best part of this thread was when Searles asked Druff for advice, literally in the thread title, and when Druff gave him honest advice Searles neg repped him. I mean can you be a bigger loser than that?
    He did so regarding the rep rep tide on his posts, as if Druff is supposed to moderate that.

And seriously, why the fuck does anyone who is an adult give two shits about getting red reps on a forum like this??? And please feel free to red rep the *shit* out of this comment!

Comments

nunbeater: NO
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information