Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: DD seemes to be officially DD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ::o View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

thats to be debated, but an MBA from the 8th ranked business school in the U.S. has to account for something

Still a giant douchebag though.

welcome :: o
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Silver
    Load Metric
    Name:  tumblr_lmxrhgMQ1E1qhafj6.gif
Views: 398
Size:  403.0 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    My new place lacks a lawn. How much would it cost me to get some guys to come in (maybe illegals - maybe just some guys who work under the table ahem) and put in some drip lines and some green shit for me in the back yard? It's all rocks back there and making me depressed.
    WTF? Rocks as a lawn??? Your new place just screams ghetto

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset316 View Post
    My new place lacks a lawn. How much would it cost me to get some guys to come in (maybe illegals - maybe just some guys who work under the table ahem) and put in some drip lines and some green shit for me in the back yard? It's all rocks back there and making me depressed.
    LOL no it's pretty nice actually. There are beautiful grassy walkways and bike paths all through the community - great places to walk the dogs. The front has a drip system and lots of plants - looks pretty. But they seemed to have skimped out on the back yard - they just filled it with large gravel and called it a day. Since I'm renting, I don't really want to invest in a bunch of renovations back there, but I do hang out in the back and grill a lot, so I need to do something with it. I actually found a pretty sweet gazebo the other day - it's in the garage and needs to be assembled. That will help a little, and then I guess just potted trees that I can take with me when I move. I'd much prefer some real landscaping though.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Bronze
    Load Metric

LOL no it's pretty nice actually. There are beautiful grassy walkways and bike paths all through the community - great places to walk the dogs. The front has a drip system and lots of plants - looks pretty. But they seemed to have skimped out on the back yard - they just filled it with large gravel and called it a day. Since I'm renting, I don't really want to invest in a bunch of renovations back there, but I do hang out in the back and grill a lot, so I need to do something with it. I actually found a pretty sweet gazebo the other day - it's in the garage and needs to be assembled. That will help a little, and then I guess just potted trees that I can take with me when I move. I'd much prefer some real landscaping though.
    Ok, just never heard of a backyard lined with rocks. Maybe in Compton with a chain link fence with pit bulls.

I mean, WTF? I can guarantee this, there will be no BBQ party stories coming from Vwls anytime soon, unless you want a high ankle sprain in her backyard.

Load Metric
    Ok, just never heard of a backyard lined with rocks. Maybe in Compton with a chain link fence with pit bulls.

I mean, WTF? I can guarantee this, there will be no BBQ stories coming from Vwls anytime soon, unless you want a high ankle sprain in her backyard.
    Have you ever heard the concept of a walkway?
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric

I mean, WTF? I can guarantee this, there will be no BBQ stories coming from Vwls anytime soon, unless you want a high ankle sprain in her backyard.
    The rocks as landscaping thing is truly a Phoenix phenomenon - I had never seen it before either till I moved here. It's hilarious - people literally decorate with rocks. Even sometimes they place very large rocks strategically in their front yards, as if it looks good or something. Never did get it.

But you can tell in this case the owners just didn't want to spend any money on the back, and since the homeowners association has no rule against it, they did the absolute cheapest thing - rocks. I'll take a pic of it so you can see what I mean. I've seen it done with much smaller rocks and it looks a lot better - the size they used here are horrible (least expensive variety from what I'm told) and it really is a shame they cheaped out on a cute house like that.

Load Metric
    OK now you can see how bad the back needs landscaping.

Here's the front:

and here's the back

Suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Here's the front:

and here's the back

Suggestions?
    paint, synthetic grass, pool

Bronze
    Load Metric

Here's the front:

and here's the back

Suggestions?
    The frontyard is very pleasing, I will say that.

The backyard, that would drive me fucking nuts. I can just envision a couple pit bulls roaming around there. Hard to believe an organic chick like yourself would live with quarry backyard. There has to be an element of shame when you look outside. But who cares, you are happy with it so I guess that is all that matters.

Load Metric
    The backyard definitely needs a lounge chair for sunbathing and a web cam of course so we know you are safe.

Load Metric

Here's the front:

and here's the back

Suggestions?
    The frontyard is very pleasing, I will say that.

The backyard, that would drive me fucking nuts. I can just envision a couple pit bulls roaming around there. Hard to believe an organic chick like yourself would live with quarry backyard. There has to be an element of shame when you look outside. But who cares, you are happy with it so I guess that is all that matters.
    What are you babbling about. The entire reason I brought it up is because I HATE it. Every time I go out back I die a little inside. It's fucking horrid. Hence my reason for asking in this thread what it would cost to make some changes. The problem is,\ I'm a renter now, not an owner. So it makes no sense for me to invest in anything I can't take with me and use somewhere else.

Load Metric
    Real talk tho:

Vwls' backyard speaks with thunder.

Load Metric

Here's the front:

and here's the back

Suggestions?
    It would appear that they went extremely cheap as you can see some weeds poking out of the stone. When I live in the desert in Cali we had green grass but the neighbors went all cheap and had white crush rock. It looked good for a bit then the desert weeds started to pop out. after 2 years it was total trash and we paid to have a guy spray the weeds so our yard looked ok. We could not have a privacy fence so this was our only option.

You can take the rock out and replace it with some really hardy grass like Zoysia wich doesn't require much water and grows really thick. easy to take care of

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Not looking to strike a nerve Vwls. I have just never heard of anyone with gravel in their backyard. I mean, maybe rocks with a lot of weeds/crab grass. But exclusivey rocks? New to me.

Not trying to be a dick, just giving my thoughts. Might want to wheel out a grill in the middle of the rocks. Might accent it some. Maybe one of those umbrella staked might help.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Not looking to strike a nerve Vwls. I have just never heard of anyone with gravel in their backyard. I mean, maybe rocks with a lot of weeds/crab grass. But exclusivey rocks? New to me.

Not trying to be a dick, just giving my thoughts. Might want to wheel out a grill in the middle of the rocks. Might accent it some. Maybe one of those umbrella staked might help.
    This type of thing is pretty common in areas that need to limit water use (including Las Vegas).

Load Metric
    lots of people have gravel replace grass in their backyards. I see it in Chicago all the time. If people dont want to be responsible for maintaining the growth of grass, you replace it with gravel. Easy fix. Where vwls lives, its so hot that it gets very expensive maintaining grass.

Can you plant cactus in your yard, or will the owner have to dictate what you do to the property?

Load Metric

Its very common in the south west US.

Which is something I learned from traveling.

It broadens horizons.

DUCY?

Platinum
    Load Metric

I hope you realize it is 100+ F like half the year in Pheonix. Rocks as landscaping is pretty standard. It can obviously be done nicer. But if you are going to rent your house out anyways, why bother.

Load Metric
    Adding to my original suggestion. Maybe one of these:

Name:  roketa_demon_250cc_sport_atv.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  15.7 KB

Thread Information