Thread: Demolition Company Tears down the wrong House!

Platinum
    Load Metric

Demolition Company Tears down the wrong House!

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dalla...wlett/97622816

video news story in link

ROWLETT — Both owners of a duplex in Rowlett said they are shocked that a demolition company mistakenly tore down their homes on Tuesday.

Lindsay Diaz and Alan Cutter own both sides of the duplex, and were waiting on insurance and a possible FEMA individual assistance declaration to decide on repairs at 7601 and 7603 Calypso Drive.

Diaz said she received a frantic call from Cutter’s wife on Tuesday afternoon saying the duplex was gone.

“I pull up, and — sure enough — it’s gone,” Diaz said. “There’s nothing left.”

The demolition company, Billy L. Nabors Demolition of Seagoville, was supposed to tear down a home one block away at 7601 Cousteau Drive.

A representative from Nabors Demolition told WFAA it had no comment, and that the situation was under investigation.

“How do you make a mistake like this?" Diaz asked. " I mean, this is just the worst."

She and her young son survived the December 26 tornado by taking cover in the bathtub. At first they lived in a hotel; more recently they have been staying in a rented home.

“We were geared towards getting the house ready; we were ready,” Diaz said.

The Nabors employee later texted photos from Google Maps that shows the arrow for 7601 Cousteau pointing at Diaz and Cutter’s duplex a block away.

No one from the demolition company would respond to repeated requests to clarify if the company demolished the wrong property on Tuesday.

Diaz and Cutter say it’s clear a mistake was made, right down to their foundation.

“That’s what their job is -- to wreck it in demo, and they really wrecked my life,” Diaz said.

She said she filled out an information report with Rowlett police to make sure the incident is properly documented. As of Tuesday evening, Diaz said no one from the company had apologized for the mistake.

Holy fucking shit

I tried to find the news video via youtube so I could post it it in this thread, and while searching I was astounded at the number of videos explaining other stories of wrong houses being demolished.

How the fuck do you mistake a house???

Im tellin ya guys, everyone is getting exponentially dumber. The movie Idiocracy is playing out in real life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hopefully that company has a whole lot of insurance for stupidity otherwise they will be paying out the ass for this mistake.

Comments

big dick: I'll rack your fucking head in with a ratchet

Load Metric
    Shit happens more than you'd think. This is what happens when n-words operate heavy equipment.

Load Metric
    Someone once pissed the wrong dude off and said wrong dude proceeded to make a fake work order for demolition of a house, right up to the paperwork he taped to the front door.

Called out a crew and that was that.

Comments

Gordman: Why would you do something like that?!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Actually, I'm wondering what the line is at this demo crew being comprised all/in part of being Mexicans/Illegal Mexicans who can't even speak or read a word of English. Especially this being Texas and all and naturally closer to the border. I mean, come on, it's a demo crew; I've been around the block myself a little with this type of stuff, and that demographic is known for partaking in this type of work...and business owners eat it up because in some instances companies know that they will work for shit wages.

That being said, I will be fair and say that through personal experience, Mexicans can be some damn hard workers - at least most of them that i've encountered. I'm sure they tore that house down like a motherfucker.

Load Metric
    It's especially retarded because a house is completely gutted before it is to be demolished. Kitchen gone. AC gone. Heating units gone. Basically a shell of a house. This is why I'm convinced it was just a typical lazy n-word in the machine.

Comments

bukowski72: Straight Racism is Lame.

MumblesBadly: Give it rest!

Load Metric
    Just realized I drove by there on I-30 earlier this week. A swath of houses visible from the highway were partially demolished, with piles of tree limbs and debris piled up on the sidewalk in front of them. It's an area where elevated juts of land are surrounded by inlets of Lake Ray Hubbard. And the area seems like pretty decent neighborhoods. So the demo company can expect that the couple will not rollover like folks from a poor neighborhood might.

Comments

Pooh: n-word lover
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information