Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Northern California, Reno, and Lake Tahoe (updated January 10, 2020)

Harrah's Lake Tahoe

9-6 Jacks or Better $0.25/$0.50/$1 per credit, 8-50 play (minimum $10 per hand, 99.54% return). If you like multiplay machines, this one is for you. Variance is similar to the 3/5 play game listed above. Despite the seemingly cheap $0.25/credit minimum, this machine racks up tier credits QUICKLY. Minimum 8-play ($10/hand), maximum 50-play ($62.50 play) . You can knock out 5000 tiers in about 2 hours. You will find four of these machines, all in the high limit room. Two are upright machines against a wall in kind of the center of the room. The other two are "slant tops" machines where you sit lower, and are located near the high limit cashier's area.
Average loss getting to Diamond: $230
Average loss getting to Seven Stars: $2300

9-6 Jacks or Better 3/5/10 play, $1/$2 per credit (99.54% return). These are also multiplay machines, but fewer hands at a time. There are two of these located in the high limit area against the far wall nearest the walkway. There are five machines which look identical, but only two of them (the second and the fourth) have this paytable. Make sure to verify the 9/6 paytable before playing!
Average loss getting to Diamond: $230
Average loss getting to Seven Stars: $2300
Long time lurker, but I have used this thread to diamond in a day for a awhile; Thanks everyone! Figure I would contribute after my latest trip to Tahoe. I was kind of crunched for time but I spent awhile wandering around trying to find the 9-6 3/5/10 play machines and believe these machines have been moved out of the HL pit and placed in the corner near hotel check-in with worse payouts . The 50 Play machine and 100$ min 9-6 machines still exist but the smaller variance multi play machines appear to be gone.

Interestingly though, there are now two combo machines facing the walkway near where the 3/5/10 play machines used to be that are pretty good for slightly smaller stakes and much lower variance than the 50-play. Both are single hand versions of the Rio/Planet Hollywood 9-5 JoB Double Super Times Pay 7 coin payout 2$ a token, if playing regular Super times Pay JoB its 5$ tokens 5 per game.

After doing some quick napkin math, I ended up playing the 9-6 job 50-play machine in spite of the radically higher variance since since at 14$ a pull for double super times pay even playing at a very fast pace would take something like 5 hours to get the 5000 TCs. If I had more time, next time I might do that approach after re-verifying all the math the multiplier for DSTP is just more fun .