Quote Originally Posted by skyjo View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
The first part of your post is correct. Unless the machine has reduced tier credit earnings (which is usually marked on the machine), you get one tier credit per $10 played. So, yes, if you run $50,000 of coin-in during a gaming day, you will earn 5000 tier credits, which will then earn you 10,000 bonus, and you've earned Diamond.

However, make sure you understand what the property's "gaming day" is. It's never midnight to midnight. It tends to run from 3:00am-2:59am, 4:00am-3:59am, 5:00am-4:59am, or 6:00am-5:59am. Even worse, most employees don't know this. Your best bet is going to the Caesars Rewards desk, ask for a supervisor, and find out.

To answer your final question, yes, if you get dealt a pat hand in a multi-play machine, and you hold it, you automatically get it on every other hand you're playing. Multi-play machines end up with FAR more emphasis on the dealt hand than the draw, whereas both the deal and draw are important on single-play hands. At a 100-play machine, your success or failure will almost completely depend upon the dealt hands you get. The huge advantage of 100-play is if you're dealt a monster (quads or better). The huge disadvantage of 100-play is if you're not dealt many good pat hands, you will get clobbered no matter what.
Thanks for the reply. I gotta note: The promotion I was referencing was for 10x REWARDS credit. It is the TIER credits that get you to Diamond status. So you'd still be earning the regular 1 tier credit per $10 coin-in during that promotion. I thought 10x sounded too good to be true! Good thing I wasn't dumb enough to lose $600 trying to grind out Diamond status last weekend.... heh.... heh....
Oh, ok.

10x RC basically takes 0.9% off the house edge. Not exactly, because cash is better than RCs, but close enough. But still, if the property has shitty games, that 0.9% isn't too exciting.