Hi,

I found this forum while looking for a method to get to Diamond level. Thanks, all, for the great information. I'd like to reciprocate.

Last week I had occasion to visit Atlantic City. According to this thread, Harrah's and Ballys are the places to try this DiaD method, so we stayed at Harrah's. I followed the directions mentioned above and went to the high limit slot area. There is indeed a row of VP machines near the emergency exit door. I saw the Triple Double Bonus game, but not one with a deal/draw payout table. I looked at every machine in the high limit area. Over the course of the weekend, I asked three different slot attendants, each of whom searched their computer and asked colleagues. Not only did none of them know of this machine, but not one had heard of this kind of payout at all, even after I showed them a picture of it on my phone. I'm not saying that the machines don't exist, but maybe they are not in the high limit room. Perhaps they were, but I could not find them.

Also, I'd like to offer some advice for people on here that are new to VP play (which includes myself). I played for over two hours at a triple double bonus machine, $25/hand, lost $250, and made only 800 tier credits. I left the machine dejectedly, figuring I had done something wrong and ready to give up the DiaD dream. It was hours later, after rereading this thread, that I figured out my mistake. I went back to the machine I was on and sure enough there was a sticker directly under the screen I had stared at for almost two and a half hours: $20 to 1. I was so mad at myself, wasting my time, wasting my money.

But I learned a valuable lesson: Always Pay Attention! Whether it be examining the hand you were dealt, the pay table, or the tier rate, always make sure you know exactly where you are.

My next session that day was at a poorly paid JoB game, same bets, but this time $10 to 1. Racked up 1700 credits pretty quickly (in comparison). I would have kept going to get my diamond, but it was late and I had a long drive the next day. So, I did manage to get 2500 credits and the 5,000 bonus (and a host - Harrah's must be hard up). Up to 11,500. Next trip will surely hit the diamond.

Nick