Quote Originally Posted by frontlinewinner View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
Las Vegas

The Las Vegas market has been degraded, and it's been this way for awhile.

The sad truth is that it's just not very cost-effective to earn your status in Vegas.

But if that's your only option, here are a few games you can play:

Planet Hollywood
Double Super Times Pay 9-5 Jacks or Better: $1/credit, 3/5/10 play machine, 7 credits per hand when max play (this means minimum $21 per hand). 98.95% return. More variance than regular Jacks or Better, but same strategy. You're paying two credits extra for a "multiplier" which comes on every so often, which is actually a net positive for you. Best machine for racking up tier credits quickly, as you can earn 5000 tier credits in about two hours on 10-play mode. Located in High Limit room. Make sure it's Double Super Times Pay, and the 9-5 paytable. These are in the "All Star II" machines. There are also $2 and $5 3/5/10 play variants of this, but that's really introducing a lot of variance.
Average loss getting to Diamond: $525
Average loss getting to Seven Stars: $5,250

Rio
Double Bonus Poker: $1/credit, 1 play. 99.11% return. This will earn tier credits slowly, and will take about 10 hours of play to earn 2500 tiers. But this is technically the highest returning machine in Vegas that gives you a tier credit per $10 wagered. Note that this is Double Bonus Poker, not Double Double Bonus. These are located between the Buffet and the All American Grille. The paytable is 9 for a full house, 7 for a flush, 5 for a straight, quads at 50/80/160, and 55 for a straight flush. Verify these payouts before playing.
Average loss getting to Diamond: $445
Average loss getting to Seven Stars: $4450

I will be in Vegas later this month and was considering trying Diamond in a Day on VP and would likely go with PH DSTP JOB 9/5. But see on VPFree Caesar's has a 3 play spin poker $1 JOB at 9/5 as well that appears to be $10 coin in per tier credit. Does anyone have any thoughts on playing this machine for DIAD? I would think it would be comparable to 3 play in the DSTP at PH. Since I'm staying at Caesar's it will be a little more convenient to log some hours on that machine. Appreciate any thoughts thanks.
Yes, there is a 3-play Super Times Pay Spin Poker at Caesars, which is 9-5 and supposedly gives one tier per $10.

The return on that machine is 98.72%, versus 98.95% on the PH machine which is Double Super Times Pay.

I will say that the variance in Super Times Pay is less, because you're only putting in a sixth credit instead of a sixth AND seventh credit. So that is one nice feature of the machine versus the higher-return PH one.

Keep in mind, though, that the variance will still be high.

One problem with Diamond in a Day is that you're not very likely to hit a royal. If you fail to hit one, you need to knock about 2% off your expected return, which means you will lose over $1600 on average in such a situation. Then if you run below expectation with the whole Super Times Pay multiplier, or if you just don't hit your proper share of other payouts, you can easily lose over $2500.

So keep that in mind.