Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lock poker officially leaves Merge network last night

Load Metric
    Wow, someone actually took my nickname before I could. I am BEYOND heated.

The software sucks, it looks like bodog's little retarded brother

Load Metric
    I as able to log in before I came to work this morning. I was able to get my screen name but I did notice that my VIP level was gone. I didn't play on Cake becuase of the software and this shit looks worse than Cake. Kind of glad I could not find anyone to trade with to move money there

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by realchaser74 View Post
    I as able to log in before I came to work this morning. I was able to get my screen name but I did notice that my VIP level was gone. I didn't play on Cake becuase of the software and this shit looks worse than Cake. Kind of glad I could not find anyone to trade with to move money there

Its identical to cake with the card and chip movements/noises.

awful

Load Metric
    The VIP Points are supposed to be converted to the new model, and you are supposed to get more than you would have at Merge for the same amount
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Fuck this site. I am taking my money off and playing on Carbon or something. RIP flawlessbinkage

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

awful
    Maybe it is because i started playing on merge and even with all the bad beats i have seen and done to people i just prefer their software. I hope the new 6.0 software doesn't fuck it up and change it too much.

Load Metric

awful
    Maybe it is because i started playing on merge and even with all the bad beats i have seen and done to people i just prefer their software. I hope the new 6.0 software doesn't fuck it up and change it too much.
    do you know when it's supposed to be released?

Load Metric

awful
    Meh. You get used to any software, I remember how much I hated anything but Paradise Poker, and then Party Poker back in the day...
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post

do you know when it's supposed to be released?
    They are saying in the near future. I would hazard a guess that it should be some time in early June by the looks of things. There are a few screen shots on Black Chips facebook page and Carbon has shown some on twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    and in other news Pokerstars and every other decent poker website is working just fine in the free world

Load Metric
    woke up with $225 more in my carbon account than i went to bed with. sweet. the description in the ledger is "account adjustment." not sure what that is. I was already paid rakeback. it may have something to do with this

Load Metric
    Wow, someone actually took my nickname before I could. I am BEYOND heated.

The software sucks, it looks like bodog's little retarded brother
    I haven't been on today. You have to re-register your screen name? So the guy who used to be Bob Smith on Lock and the current Bob Smith on Lock may not even be the same player? Fucking awesome.......
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

Are the Merge ones Turbos, or what he says here?

6 Person & 10 Person Turbo Double Up SNGs:

Merge doesn’t even offer these. Lock Poker & Revolution Gaming do. Advantage: Lock Poker/Revolution Gaming

10 Person Regular Speed Double Up SNGs:

Merge has 7 minute blinds. Lock & Revolution have 6 minute blinds. Polls show that the majority of players prefer 6 minute blinds instead of 7 minute blinds. This will give players a higher games/hr and should increase their overall hourly rate.
    Don't spoil his party. His day was made when he thought he had made someone who's opinion is more
    Important than his look stupid.
    Hey dumbshit, regular speed and turbo are not the same thing. Nice try though. And then it gets even better with you making 5 posts about how bad the software is. LOL.

Please posts some more links from your buddy about how great Lock is since you obviously agree. Tell them they should check out seals and clubs if they need some help with their awesomeness. I hear that software can be had real cheap.

"Polls"

So, Lock poker made the move last night to leave Merge network and join Revolution gaming. I believe they're merging with cake players(no pun intended). So, it makes me wonder a few things: I trusted lock to pay out ALOT more being involved with the Merge network. Probably naive of me, but I just felt a little more comfortable that they would at least pay out when it came down to it, despite their shady behavior in the past. I kinda felt like some of the mistakes they made were them just trying to get ahead of the other skins on merge, and used some shady bonuses to do so. Kinda reminded me of like Jsearles of poker sites...

...Please chime in.
    First homicide is worried, then when I show his buddy's lie I am attacking some "more important" than me -- Implying I am jealous of some guy I never heard of. What a fucking maroooooon.
    Last edited by bukowski72; 05-31-2012 at 09:10 PM.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    i thought i read that the merge network is going to have new software soon. is that true? or just updating a little bit?
    A Lock rep at 2+2 claimed Lock was responsible for software updates before leaving Merge, and the new Merge update to come was the work of Lock. Supposedly, the new Merge updates will also be instituted on the Revolution Gaming.

Lock's Eric Lynch is doing some poker show this week to explain it all, along with stuff players want to know...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson View Post
    i thought i read that the merge network is going to have new software soon. is that true? or just updating a little bit?
    A Lock rep at 2+2 claimed Lock was responsible for software updates before leaving Merge, and the new Merge update to come was the work of Lock. Supposedly, the new Merge updates will also be instituted on the Revolution Gaming.

Lock's Eric Lynch is doing some poker show this week to explain it all, along with stuff players want to know...
    Wait, what?

So Lock is claiming that they were actually the ones programming the Merge Network, and now that they've left, they will be bringing their great yet-to-be-seen Merge software update to the Revolution network?

Can you link me to this claim?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have to admit I was a little bit concerned for Merge's traffic after Lock's departure, but it seems okay -- at least for right now.

In Limit Hold 'Em, there are two 10-20 games (normal for this time of night), two 5-10s (also normal), two 1-2s, and 16 tables under 1-2. I think the games under 5-10 have suffered a bit, but 5-10 and above have normal traffic.

In NL, there are two 2-4s, 14 1-2s, and a whole bunch of games lower than that (I think about twenty 0.50/1 games, and a bunch of micros). I don't know how that compares to normal on Merge, but it seems similar to what I've seen when I've glanced at NL, though I was surprised there was nothing above 2-4 going.

Only left myself with about 5800 on Merge for the moment (just cashed out), but at least I'm optimistic that it's not going to become a ghost town.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have to admit I was a little bit concerned for Merge's traffic after Lock's departure, but it seems okay -- at least for right now.

In Limit Hold 'Em, there are two 10-20 games (normal for this time of night), two 5-10s (also normal), two 1-2s, and 16 tables under 1-2. I think the games under 5-10 have suffered a bit, but 5-10 and above have normal traffic.

In NL, there are two 2-4s, 14 1-2s, and a whole bunch of games lower than that (I think about twenty 0.50/1 games, and a bunch of micros). I don't know how that compares to normal on Merge, but it seems similar to what I've seen when I've glanced at NL, though I was surprised there was nothing above 2-4 going.

Only left myself with about 5800 on Merge for the moment (just cashed out), but at least I'm optimistic that it's not going to become a ghost town.

yeah, well get a country....it won't be so bad

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

From what I've read Merge intends to start promoting more and once again offering rakeback to new customers (at least on Carbon) in order to compete and with a much better software platform they should be okay.

Lock should of been more prepared with new software because a lot of people are complaining about the same old shit cake software so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get something together fast if at least some members jump ship especially if they can now get rakeback again on a different merge site.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I can't take the time to locate the link, but I am positive of what I read in the Lock 2+2 subforum. I don't think the Merge upcoming update will be a total new look, more of an update. As far as traffic goes*, Lock isn't offering freerolls yet, so the numbers shown in the respective clients is a bit misleading, and http://www.pokerscout.com is a more accurate accounting of the Traffic Battle. From what I have seen in the last 24 hours, it is virtually dead even...

*cash game play

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson View Post

Wait, what?

So Lock is claiming that they were actually the ones programming the Merge Network, and now that they've left, they will be bringing their great yet-to-be-seen Merge software update to the Revolution network?

Can you link me to this claim?

Thread Information