Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock poker officially leaves Merge network last night

Load Metric

Lock poker officially leaves Merge network last night

So, Lock poker made the move last night to leave Merge network and join Revolution gaming. I believe they're merging with cake players(no pun intended). So, it makes me wonder a few things: I trusted lock to pay out ALOT more being involved with the Merge network. Probably naive of me, but I just felt a little more comfortable that they would at least pay out when it came down to it, despite their shady behavior in the past. I kinda felt like some of the mistakes they made were them just trying to get ahead of the other skins on merge, and used some shady bonuses to do so. Kinda reminded me of like Jsearles of poker sites. I don't know anything about revolution gaming. So, keeping money on there after the move kinda scares me. Again, I'm probably clueless but that's why I'm posting this, for some feedback/info.

Also, now that they moved I wonder how much lighter the player numbers/fields will be in Mtts and sngs. Will everyone who played on lock prior just go on carbon for their Merge fix, or just stay loyal to Lock? I feel like loyalty to the company you decide to invest online with is everything these days. Back in the days of neteller and stars and FTP integrity didn't mean much for the sites. It was all about field sizes and software. That's all changed, for me at least.

Is the CEO, the person who Calvin Ayre trashed, still in charge of lock poker, or was selling Lock part of the deal for them moving? Does anyone know details about the move? I'm really trying to figure out where to keep funds now(if anywhere), as I have been putting in major volume. I have lots of other questions, but I'm at work and have to put the phone down. I will continue later. Please chime in.

Also, here's a link on my friends blog for info on the mtt/stt schedules

http://www.jaredhubbard.com/blog/inf...additions-faq/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    So, Lock poker made the move last night to leave Merge network and join Revolution gaming. I believe they're merging with cake players(no pun intended). So, it makes me wonder a few things: I trusted lock to pay out ALOT more being involved with the Merge network. Probably naive of me, but I just felt a little more comfortable that they would at least pay out when it came down to it, despite their shady behavior in the past. I kinda felt like some of the mistakes they made were them just trying to get ahead of the other skins on merge, and used some shady bonuses to do so. Kinda reminded me of like Jsearles of poker sites. I don't know anything about revolution gaming. So, keeping money on there after the move kinda scares me. Again, I'm probably clueless but that's why I'm posting this, for some feedback/info.

Also, now that they moved I wonder how much lighter the player numbers/fields will be in Mtts and sngs. Will everyone who played on lock prior just go on carbon for their Merge fix, or just stay loyal to Lock? I feel like loyalty to the company you decide to invest online with is everything these days. Back in the days of neteller and stars and FTP integrity didn't mean much for the sites. It was all about field sizes and software. That's all changed, for me at least.

Is the CEO, the person who Calvin Ayre trashed, still in charge of lock poker, or was selling Lock part of the deal for them moving? Does anyone know details about the move? I'm really trying to figure out where to keep funds now(if anywhere), as I have been putting in major volume. I have lots of other questions, but I'm at work and have to put the phone down. I will continue later. Please chime in.

Also, here's a link on my friends blog for info on the mtt/stt schedules

http://www.jaredhubbard.com/blog/inf...additions-faq/
    If I had any serious money online I would simply spread it out amongst a number of skins/networks. My feeling is that the real fear is a DOJ shutdown, and if that happens it doesn't matter how well the site is run, nobody has any reliable information that they segragate funds.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    i thought i read that the merge network is going to have new software soon. is that true? or just updating a little bit?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    i thought i read that the merge network is going to have new software soon. is that true? or just updating a little bit?

Well Merge has tons of skins so which one are you referring to?

Load Metric

from what i read (no sources) it seemed either allthe merge skins or just carbon was updating their software. i might have just read some bs tho. the new lock software seems ok, but the cards look like shit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

from what i read (no sources) it seemed either allthe merge skins or just carbon was updating their software. i might have just read some bs tho. the new lock software seems ok, but the cards look like shit.
    pretty sure all

Load Metric
    Didn't read, but you should know that Jared Hubbard is a Lock Pro, so obviously biased.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Didn't read, but you should know that Jared Hubbard is a Lock Pro, so obviously biased.

I know who he is. He's a friend of mine. Just posting as much "info" as possible for a database

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

"6 Person & 10 Person Turbo Double Up SNGs:

Merge doesn’t even offer these. Lock Poker & Revolution Gaming do. Advantage: Lock Poker/Revolution Gaming"

I didn't read through that whole list but I noticed this entry. Merge does have 10 person turbo DONs so if you just make shit up it is easy to always have an advantage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post

Merge doesn’t even offer these. Lock Poker & Revolution Gaming do. Advantage: Lock Poker/Revolution Gaming"

I didn't read through that whole list but I noticed this entry. Merge does have 10 person turbo DONs so if you just make shit up it is easy to always have an advantage.
    Are the Merge ones Turbos, or what he says here?

6 Person & 10 Person Turbo Double Up SNGs:

Merge doesn’t even offer these. Lock Poker & Revolution Gaming do. Advantage: Lock Poker/Revolution Gaming

10 Person Regular Speed Double Up SNGs:

Merge has 7 minute blinds. Lock & Revolution have 6 minute blinds. Polls show that the majority of players prefer 6 minute blinds instead of 7 minute blinds. This will give players a higher games/hr and should increase their overall hourly rate.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post

Are the Merge ones Turbos, or what he says here?

6 Person & 10 Person Turbo Double Up SNGs:

Merge doesn’t even offer these. Lock Poker & Revolution Gaming do. Advantage: Lock Poker/Revolution Gaming

10 Person Regular Speed Double Up SNGs:

Merge has 7 minute blinds. Lock & Revolution have 6 minute blinds. Polls show that the majority of players prefer 6 minute blinds instead of 7 minute blinds. This will give players a higher games/hr and should increase their overall hourly rate.
    Don't spoil his party. His day was made when he thought he had made someone who's opinion is more
    Important than his look stupid.

Load Metric
    Wow, so I just logged back in for the first time, and I am seeing that I think I lost all my vip stars and accolade. That SUCKS. Does anyone have info on this?

Load Metric
    Wow, so I just logged back in for the first time, and I am seeing that I think I lost all my vip stars and accolade. That SUCKS. Does anyone have info on this?
    Don't make promises you can't back up:

Quote Originally Posted by JustifiedHomicide
    For instance, in the next twenty minutes I'll be gone for the night
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Don't make promises you can't back up:

Quote Originally Posted by JustifiedHomicide
    For instance, in the next twenty minutes I'll be gone for the night

Fuck off troll.

Does anyone have any information on this?!?!

Load Metric
    I still cant sign in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    I still cant sign in.

It took me awhile, but I finally got in. The software is shit IMO. It reminds me of bodog.

My vault is empty and my accolades and stars are gone, and in my cashier, they're asking me if I want to verify my account AGAIN, which I obviously already did.

Load Metric
    wow this is fucking bullshit. SOMEONE ACTUALLY STOLE MY FUCKING SCREEN NAME

Load Metric
    I finally got on, the software looks horrible.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    I finally got on, the software looks horrible.
    first thing i thought

Thread Information