Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nancy Reagan DD

Load Metric

Load Metric
    rip
    she did an amzing job of stopping drugs from entering the u.s and getting kids off drugs
    JUST SAY NO

Load Metric
    The prison system sends its regards

Comments

big dick: oh yeah they sure do

Load Metric
    o this is terrible!!

I don't know what to wear the to funeral...

what are you going to wear DrkStar?

Comments

varys: Lol

DRK Star: why would I give a shit about Reagan?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    o this is terrible!!

I don't know what to wear the to funeral...

what are you going to wear DrkStar?
    Oh please, it's Nancy Reagan; you wear red.

Lol at me catching your ninja edit.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: o yeah...that's right! thanks :)

Load Metric
    Nancy was known for giving the best blowjob in Hollywood!

Load Metric
    The "Just Say No" campaign was huge in UK. And as bad as the smack epidemic problem became, when thinking back, I honestly believe the song below saved many kids lives.

Maybe even my own. So many junkies where I lived and at least 3 good friends (back then) died early through heroin. 2 via suicide.

Zammo: never forget.

Comments

Gordman:

Belly Buster: the best bit was the zammo turned out to be a smackhead IRL
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    The "Just Say No" campaign was huge in UK. And as bad as the smack epidemic problem became, when thinking back, I honestly believe the song below saved many kids lives.

Maybe even my own. So many junkies where I lived and at least 3 good friends (back then) died early through heroin. 2 via suicide.

Here's the problem with anecdotal evidence: Personally known examples can be very misleading about the actual effect among the wider population. And that definitely applies to the misleading perception among many folks that the "Just Say No" campaign had any efficacy in reducing drug use among the population of kids who participated in the program.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...o-doesnt-work/

Comments

Belly Buster: No.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Here's the problem with anecdotal evidence: Personally known examples can be very misleading about the actual effect among the wider population. And that definitely applies to the misleading perception among many folks that the "Just Say No" campaign had any efficacy in reducing drug use among the population of kids who participated in the program.

I was there. I know.

That song was about a very cool and lovable TV character who turned into a dirty smackhead with all the shit that came with it.

Every school kid in Britain followed the downfall of that TV character (Zammo) and his story 100% made a difference.

So you can shove that link up your mongoloid arse tbh.

Comments

Belly Buster: fuck I had the hots for Fay Lucas. How did we get on to this topic??

Platinum
    Load Metric

I was there. I know.

That song was about a very cool and lovable TV character who turned into a dirty smackhead with all the shit that came with it.

Every school kid in Britain followed the downfall of that TV character (Zammo) and his story 100% made a difference.

Don't worry about Mumbles. It's impossible for him to come up with an original thought besides googling articles and copy/pasting. He literally typed in "did the just say no campaign work" into google and pasted the first result that popped up. Really, he did!

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: i believe

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The fact is the campaign did work. Are we gauging it because it didn't save enough lives or something now? Ridiculous how some are so ready to knock Nancy and the difference she tried to make. Did it change everyone? of course not. As cheesy as the campaign sounded both then and now, it did change some peoples lives and saved who knows how many. What is so bad about that?

That aside

RIP Nancy.

You were one classy first lady in my book
    Last edited by Gordman; 03-06-2016 at 02:48 PM. Reason: *didn't

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

I was there. I know.

Don't worry about Mumbles. It's impossible for him to come up with an original thought besides googling articles and copy/pasting. He literally typed in "did the just say no campaign work" into google and pasted the first result that popped up. Really, he did!
    Believe the lie about its efficacy all you want. I once did so, also. But a few years back I ran across some coverage of research on the matter that lead me to remember how the scientific research showed that it was a failure. And I was once a believer in the program. Heck! I was a Reagan-loving Republican back in the 80's and early 90s, and thought it was a great idea. But, alas, science doesn't always support pet political policies.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Believe the lie about its efficacy all you want. I once did so, also. But a few years back I ran across some coverage of research on the matter that lead me to remember how the scientific research showed that it was a failure. And I was once a believer in the program. Heck! I was a Reagan-loving Republican back in the 80's and early 90s, and thought it was a great idea. But, alas, science doesn't always support pet political policies.

Because science gets it right every time.

A scientist with an opinion is still just an opinion.

Infact, most funded scientists will spew any old shite if it gets them another 2 years funding.

Load Metric

Infact, most funded scientists will spew any old shite if it gets them another 2 years funding.
    People like Mumbles bag on the Just Say No type programs, but they are infinitely more effective than the DEA and the war on drugs. It is easier to attempt to kill the demand rather than to stop the suppliers.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: so true. the likes of the dea only periodically drove up the price which really only increased crime rates

Gordman: yes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just say now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

People like Mumbles bag on the Just Say No type programs, but they are infinitely more effective than the DEA and the war on drugs. It is easier to attempt to kill the demand rather than to stop the suppliers.
    You are missing the point. A lot of money was spent on a program that essentially had no impact on overall drug use among children, but it made people who supported it *feel* like they were doing something compassionate and helpful.

And that feel-goodness about such a program helps distract from how fucking destructive and futile that the War on Drug has been and continues to be.

And the same people who think the Just Say No programs work (religious conservative mothers and grandmothers) probably also believe that abstinence-only birth control programs are effective. Because its the same kind of program, just about a different way to have fun that is verbotten for children/teens.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Absolutely spot on. Very true re: anecdotal evidence and results of the majority.

The Reagan (Nancy) campaign on drugs was based on ignorance and hypocrisy.
    It halted funding for scientific study involving a number of "scheduled substances", (natural plant derived) some of which are now being used therapeutically. Simutaneously, monies to pay for this war were partly funded by cigarette and liquor taxes. Any number of agencies were funded to demonize and punish those that did not tow the line. One can imagine the price paid for what was a politically driven failure.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: but that catchphrase!

MumblesBadly: Thanks for helping to bring light to stupid well-meaning-but-ignorant politics about the matter.

Load Metric
    In my earliest memories Nancy Reagan is first lady.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    Nancy was known for giving the best blowjob in Hollywood!
    Reliable source?

If so, Reagan was smarter than I thought.

Thread Information