Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official UFC 196 Discussion Thread***

Load Metric

***Official UFC 196 Discussion Thread***

We haven't had one of these for awhile & this is shaping up to be a big one interest wise so here goes:

UFC 196 Main Fight Card

Conor McGregor (-470)Nate Diaz (+370)
    Holly Holm (-345) Miesha Tate (+285)
    Ilir Latifi (-190) Gian Vilante (+165)
    Corey Anderson (-274) Tom Lawlor (+234)
    Amanda Nunes (-150) Valentina Shevchenko (+130)

Preliminary Card (8 PM ET, FS1)

Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Brandon Thatch
    Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb
    Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Vitor Miranda
    Darren Elkins vs. Chas Skelly

Preliminary Card (6:30 PM ET, Fight Pass)

Jim Miller vs. Diego Sanchez
    Jason Saggo vs. Justin Salas
    Julian Erosa vs. Teruto Ishihara

I'm not saying I'm betting for any or all of them but these are my picks for Saturday.
    What do you think?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    I think WE need to wait for Iamlloyd77 to give us OUR opinion.

Load Metric

Nunez fades after 1 round and Shevchenko is a world class kickboxer, which means she wont likely find herself in trouble in the first. Shevchenko by stoppage.

90% of the reason Sanchez is still on cards is because he's perfectly adapted his game to decision the Jim Miller's of the world.

Comments

Shizzmoney: Shevchenko rep
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Nunez fades after 1 round and Shevchenko is a world class kickboxer, which means she wont likely find herself in trouble in the first. Shevchenko by stoppage.

90% of the reason Sanchez is still on cards is because he's perfectly adapted his game to decision the Jim Miller's of the world.
    2 very valid points. I just hope Sanchez doesn't get another ridiculous decision.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

2 very valid points. I just hope Sanchez doesn't get another ridiculous decision.

Sanchez is basically a petri dish for ridiculous decisions.

Like, Diego is my money incubator for this event. If Miller can nail a takedown a round and somehow ride those to victory, so be it, more power to him, but I will never, ever take anyone who isnt a marquis level fighter against Sanchez and even then I'd simply sit the fight out instead of betting against him.

Comments

Sanlmar: Money incubator

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    You telegraphed your "money incubator" shot with the Petri dish but still effective.

The most recent 60 Minute Sports piece on the Jackson Wink gym (Holly Holmes) in Albuquerque was great.

Greg Jackson plays yoda.

The thread of the piece was staying calm as a coach when the athlete is already ramped up (been getting face kicked for 5 minutes). Additional yelling is a negative. Excellent.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LOL SANCHEZ AND MILLER ON THE PRE PRELIMS.

Load Metric
    Greg Jackson is made.

Load Metric
    Also I think Ive said this before but although I fully believe there is value in Nate's line, Im going to hedge a little with Conor ko/tko rd1.

Load Metric
    Putting a bit of action with Nunes rd1 at +300 just in case she blows up Valentina's shit fast.

Load Metric
    'scuze me while i mumbles up a vid to make the thread a bit more legit

Load Metric
    Press conference is running nice and late.

Load Metric
    pre fight press conf starting soon.

Was supposed to be @4pm? but hasn't started yet?

Load Metric
    please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up please dont be postponed because nate fucked up

Load Metric
    bruh

Load Metric
    started now doesn't look like Diaz f'd up yet

Load Metric
    nate is balls deep in conor's head. conor is literally twitching.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Conor saying his dream fioght is versus himself explains that dude perfectly.

Dana is gonna make so much more money with this fight than RDA its absurd how good the UFC runs.

#pleasewait5daystosmokeweedNate
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 03-03-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    Seems appropriate

Load Metric
    interesting twist to the house gate for 196. Show sold out right away with RDA-Conor on top, but all from secondary market buyers, who paid more than anyone for any ufc tix ever, pretty much. However, because of the fact all the Irish fans had already traveled so much the year before, and because this is like the 50th vegas card of the year already, they were screwed, and trying to off the tix at fractions of the face value.

Then the main event changed, and so did the luck of the resellers, because they could now get refunds instead of taking a bath.
    Needless to say, this event is no longer a sellout.

Thread Information