Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2016 WSOP Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Buy a Piece of Dan Druff in 2016 WSOP Thread

It's time for the WSOP, and I have again decided to sell pieces of the events I am playing.

Before we get started, here are a few things to consider:

- I am doing this both to reduce variance and to give the PFA community a way to experience some of the excitement of the WSOP without actually attending. However, I would play all of these tournaments with or without any pieces being bought of me.

- I am not promoting this as a great investment opportunity. It's not. It's simply a chance for you to be able to have fun rooting for a WSOP player you know (me), while being financially invested in his results.

- The biggest advantage you get by buying pieces of me is that you know I am 100% reliable. There is zero chance you will get stiffed if I cash, and zero chance I will take your money and run and/or fake playing the events. In addition, as I don't drink or do drugs, you will be assured that I will be playing all of these events in a proper mental and physical state.

- Another big advantage is that I will FREQUENTLY update my chip counts and other tournament info via my "chips" Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanDruffPoker .... so you'll feel like you're actually there.

- This is a straight-up "buy a piece" deal. If you buy pieces of my events and lose, there is no "makeup". The money is gone forever.

- If you finish with a net profit of $600 or more, I will need to send you tax forms. That will require me having your full name, address, and social security number. If you don't feel comfortable with that, I suggest you don't buy any pieces of me. Of course, I will keep all information in the strictest confidence, and will only ask for it if I need to issue you a tax form.

Okay, now that I've gotten that stuff out of the way, let's get to the details...

Up through 2014, I was selling pieces of individual events. It was a huge pain in the ass to keep track of who bought into which events, and then figuring out who to compensate when I cashed. And then I had to make all kinds of $35 type payments to people with 1% shares, which again was a huge waste of time and energy for everyone.

Also, I really want anyone who invests in my WSOP to make money if I have a good year. I felt bad in 2013 when, despite my finishing 5th in the $5k Limit Holdem for over $50k, some investors still lost money because they didn't buy that particular event.

In 2015, I changed it to where I am selling all events together. We will be staying with that format this year, as it was much easier to deal with.

Here are the events for sale:

6/14 3pm: Event #22 $1500 Limit Holdem
    6/15 11am: Event #23 $2000 NL Holdem*
    6/16 3pm: Event #26 $1500 Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better*
    6/17 3pm: Event #28 $10,000 Limit Holdem Championship*
    6/18 11am: Event #29 $1500 NL Holdem*
    6/20 11am: Event #33 $1500 Summer Solstice NL Holdem (Extended Play)
    6/22 3pm: Event #38 $3000 6-Handed Limit Holdem
    6/24 3pm: Event #41A $1500 Monster Stack NL Holdem
    6/27 11am: Event #46 $1500 Bouunty NL Holdem ($500 bounty per player busted)
    This encompasses all events I plan to play, with the exception of the Main Event -- the only one I'm NOT selling.

So the total buyin for the above 9 events is $24,000. I will be selling 80 shares of the above combined events, for $144 each. Each "share" gets you 0.5% of my TOTAL cashes for the above events. That's a 20% markup, in case you're wondering.

So, to repeat, $144 gets you an 0.5% share in ALL of the above 8 events.

If you bought pieces of me last year (2015), you lost. And I feel bad about that. Maybe that would have been different if that 3-outer didn't hit the river when I was all-in with 40 left in the 50/50 event, but the bottom line is that I finished down despite cashing 2 of 7 prelim events.

Therefore, you will get a $6 discount or each share you bought last year ($138 instead of $144), for each share you purchase this year. That means you're only paying a 15% markup if you buy the same as last year.

For example, let's say John Smith bought 4 shares of me last year. And let's say he wants 8 shares this year. The first 4 shares would be at the $138 rate, and the other 4 shares would be at the $144 rate.

Now let's say Greg Johnson bought 8 shares of me last year, and wants 8 again this year. All 8 of Greg's shares would be $138.

You might also notice that several of the events in the middle are on back-to-back days, notably the period of June 15-20, where there is an event scheduled every day! It is likely I will make at least one Day 2, which means I will probably not play the event the next day if I do. (I say "probably", because I might register late if it's relatively close to starting time and I bust the previous one on Day 2.) Anyway, if/when I miss an event, you will simply get a full refund for that event. Last year I set up a complicated "roll over" scheme, but I will not be doing that again this year. If I don't play, you get your money back.

You may only buy a maximum of 8 shares of me ($1152), meaning you will own a maximum of 4% of my action. I am doing this in order to give everyone a chance to buy pieces of me.

Once I get to 80 shares sold (40%), I am closing it.

If it seems there isn't enough interest to get me up to 40%, at that point I will open it up for people with 4% to buy more if they want.

Also, the minimum you can buy is one share (0.5%) for $144. There are no exceptions to this.

If I owe you money and you were waiting to use it to buy pieces of me, please PM me with the details (including the date of our last PM or e-mail discussing it), and I will look into it.

I will be using the free site tastystakes.com to list/manage the pieces of the events I'm selling. However, this will NOT affect the way you pay me. You will be sending all payments to me directly. Tastystakes will simply be used for record-keeping. I will be posting the link to that shortly.

I accept the following payments: Check, money order, cash-in-envelope (your risk in sending it, though), bitcoin, bank transfer (PM me for bank info), cash deposit into my bank (again, PM me for bank info). If you are mailing me a check/money order/cash, please PM me for the address.

Unless I know you really well, I can't "hold" pieces for you until I actually have your money in hand. It's first come, first served.

Feel free to post any questions.

Please do NOT clutter this thread with trolling, nonsense, or debates whether or not my markup is a good value. If you wish to make such commentary, feel free to start a different thread. This thread is only for direct discussion of people interested in buying WSOP pieces.

Load Metric
    Gl in the world series in advance. So surreal not to see tyde mercilessly trolling. June 27 bounty looks like a good one. I love bounty tournies.

Load Metric
    EVENT #61: $1,000 TAG TEAM NO-LIMIT HOLD’EM (2-4 PLAYER TEAMS) WEDNESDAY - JULY 6, 2016 AT 11 AM (3 DAY EVENT)

I will break my rule of never staking other players if you play this event with Marty. Put me down for a $100 at a 4% net return.

Load Metric
    Want to buy 4%... do I have to register or do anything on that staking site or is that just for record keeping?

Also, legitimately not a troll, but is the best way to spend your buyin really in O8 split?

Sending you a PM right now.

Load Metric
    Hi Druff,

I'd be interested in buying a piece, but I really want you to play the $10k limit holdem championship- do you honestly think it's wise to play the 8OB the day before? That's a lot of days in a row without rest...

Anyway, I wanted to know how the tax thing would work, as I currently live in the UK, and to my knowledge we do not need to pay any taxes on gambling winnings over here. Thanks
    BALLIN'!!

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Have shipped $276 for 1% on the "2015 reduced rate" #glglglglglg #druffwillownthewsopin2016 #dontgetshutout

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: fortune favours the brave
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    Want to buy 4%... do I have to register or do anything on that staking site or is that just for record keeping?

Also, legitimately not a troll, but is the best way to spend your buyin really in O8 split?

Sending you a PM right now.
    I'm going to get a book on O8 and practice playing on Bovada.

If I don't do this enough by then, I will drop it from the schedule.

Comments

handicapme: Works for me!

Load Metric
    There's no tournament O8 book worth reading (though Matusow wrote a basic O8 tournament strategy section in the Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide).

The beginning levels play more like a O8 cash game; just raise and cap away with your equity-hogging hands. However, the mid- and endgame strategy differs substantially, since most pots are contested heads-up. Hands like A4KQ with a suit, high only hands, and double suited hands go way up in value, and trashy A2, A3 hands drop in value. I'm sure Drexel can confirm and give you some good tournament specific advice.

Or PM Thang Luu, since he's still banned for life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You can find all of the info regarding who paid (and everything else) on my Tastystakes page:

http://tastystakes.com/packages/todd...uff-1457986330

Load Metric
    shipped the full amount for 8 shares, willing to take another 8 if not sold out by your cutoff date. let me know!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post
    Hi Druff,

I'd be interested in buying a piece, but I really want you to play the $10k limit holdem championship- do you honestly think it's wise to play the 8OB the day before? That's a lot of days in a row without rest...

Anyway, I wanted to know how the tax thing would work, as I currently live in the UK, and to my knowledge we do not need to pay any taxes on gambling winnings over here. Thanks
    Hi Druff, please could you answer this?
    BALLIN'!!

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Hi Druff,

The only real answer is "do your own research". Who would want to give tax advice for free and be accused of shenanigans if it turned out to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Hi Druff,

Do some research and find out. What is you saying anyways? I would think druff would pay you from his net and then taxes are your responsibility. I don't believe he is gonna take out taxes from his net to cover uk taxes or whutever.

Load Metric
    That was way too long a posting. Put me down for 1%.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am now listed on Tastystakes.

You do not have to use or sign up for Tastystakes for anything. However, I will be using it to keep track of events and investors. If you want to buy a piece of me, simply send me a PM here and I will get it all going.

My Tastystakes page: http://tastystakes.com/packages/todd...uff-1457986330

Load Metric
    Shipped $276 for 1%. GL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Please PM me BEFORE shipping any further money. Thanks.

Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Shipped 1%

Load Metric
    I'll take 4 shares. Will PM Druff with details on sending funds.

Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Hey Druff. I'll take 2 shares if you have them left. I thought I PM'd or texted you but maybe I spaced. Please confirm and I'll shoot you the cash.

Thanks

Thread Information