Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Oscars / 88th Academy Awards

Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/DaltonRoss/status/704129738332348416

Forgot how to embed vines. But that old british hag won best costume for Mad Max

Nice reception. Love to go up those stairs swinging a bat at those absolute shower of cunts.

Cunts
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Just don't see what the fuck all the fuss was over Mad Max for fucks sake it was nothing compared to Star Wars overall yet it got all this Academy love for to me was nothing more then a lame attempt to reboot but yet shove in a storyline into the MadMax Universe that was totally unnecessary. Mel Gibson must be having a coronary over this shit they put out. Even Charlize Theron did little to help that movie honestly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Just don't see what the fuck all the fuss was over Mad Max for fucks sake it was nothing compared to Star Wars overall yet it got all this Academy love for to me was nothing more then a lame attempt to reboot but yet shove in a storyline into the MadMax Universe that was totally unnecessary. Mel Gibson must be having a coronary over this shit they put out. Even Charlize Theron did little to help that movie honestly.

Feminism.

not joking btw.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Kimmel's after Oscars show was better than the Oscars

Load Metric
    Your kidding right?

Just because J.J. Abrams didn't fuck up Star Wars worse than George Lucas doesn't mean that The Force Awakens was a great movie. J.J. Abrams fucked up Star Killer Base, the science of Star Wars is completely fucked up. I didn't buy that the female lead with no training could easily beat a Jedi master.

Mad Max Fury Road was way better than all previous Mad Max movies. It was definitely the best action/sci-fi movie in years.

Comments

jacosta24: this

Load Metric
    mad max was a strangely solid entry into the genre and over all a fairly great film.

what it was not, was an unmitigated masterpiece of contemporary cinema.

which revenant was.

Comments

Krypt: yup

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    final thought on oscars & black

until black people buy movie tickets significantly, then no representation at the oscars--and the government has no plans to allow movie tickets to be paid for by EBT
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    final thought on oscars & black

until black people buy movie tickets significantly, then no representation at the oscars--and the government has no plans to allow movie tickets to be paid for by EBT

I don't know how the hollywood elite let this go and not spin it into a naked display of antisemitism?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    lol @ revenant losing to spotlight.
    lol at the whole process. Mad Max up for best picture when Straight Out of Compton is not even nominated. Blacks may have a point here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    lol @ revenant losing to spotlight.
    lol at the whole process. Mad Max up for best picture when Straight Out of Compton is not even nominated. Blacks may have a point here.
    Agreed, Paul Giamatti did a great job.

Comments

Jayjami: lol

nunbeater: I dun saw what you did massa

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Your kidding right?

Just because J.J. Abrams didn't fuck up Star Wars worse than George Lucas doesn't mean that The Force Awakens was a great movie. J.J. Abrams fucked up Star Killer Base, the science of Star Wars is completely fucked up. I didn't buy that the female lead with no training could easily beat a Jedi master.

Mad Max Fury Road was way better than all previous Mad Max movies. It was definitely the best action/sci-fi movie in years.

Agree, Fury Road was the best of the Mad Max movies. I think it did so well in the tech/sound/fx awards because it was old school real live stunts and not CGI. To do stunts involving that many vehicles on that large of a scale is an accomplishment.

Load Metric
    As far as comedies go the Revenant was pretty good. Thought Leo hammed it up a bit though. Plus I fell asleep 20 minutes in.

(yeah, that movie was complete shit)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Agree, Fury Road was the best of the Mad Max movies. I think it did so well in the tech/sound/fx awards because it was old school real live stunts and not CGI. To do stunts involving that many vehicles on that large of a scale is an accomplishment.
    Yeah, but everything that wasn't a stunt vehicle on fire WAS cgi. Like, almost all of the background in every seen, as well as 90% of all vehicles not blowing up in any particular scene. While the stunts were cool, that movie doesn't exist without cgi in anything near the form we saw. The cgi is so good, nobody even notices it.

There's a ton of great cgi out there that nobody ever notices, which is why everyone says they hate cgi. No, they hate badly done cgi, they never even notice the good cgi.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 02-29-2016 at 11:55 AM.

Load Metric
    i didnt think the cgi was that great in fury road. the flames for example were retarded.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

Yeah, but everything that wasn't a stunt vehicle on fire WAS cgi. Like, almost all of the background in every seen, as well as 90% of all vehicles not blowing up in any particular scene. While the stunts were cool, that movie doesn't exist without cgi in anything near the form we saw. The cgi is so good, nobody even notices it.

There's a ton of great cgi out there that nobody ever notices, which is why everyone says they hate cgi. No, they hate badly done cgi, they never even notice the good cgi.

TBH, when it comes to CG the people voting have a tendency to vote for finesse over the more overt effects driven movies. I mean I totally get it that it went to Ex-Machina. There were some scenes in there where the combination of fake and real was seamless, and they did it without a budget. Sam Raimi once said 'yeah one day when I have a bunch of money and an endless budget i'll just order up an anti-grav disc and get the shot, but until then we have to be creative and duct tape cameras to broomsticks.'

Load Metric
    Ex Machina got the nod also because they operated at a fraction of the budget of anyone else.

Load Metric
    Ex Machina got the nod also because they operated at a fraction of the budget of anyone else.
    It's like you're trying to disagree with my post, but what you said was literally the entire point of what I said.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mad Max was a visual masterpiece

Best movie of 2015

Hateful 8 was better than The Revenant

Comments

RegGaymer: watched it twice and was just as good second time round

Krypt: :noose

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    It's like you're trying to disagree with my post, but what you said was literally the entire point of what I said.

Sorry I was just trying to demonstrate how to post correctly on the internet.

Your post lacked cadence and and was frankly undisciplined.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Sorry I was just trying to demonstrate how to post correctly on the internet.

Your post lacked cadence and and was frankly undisciplined.

That's ok, you call the fight, i'm color commentary.

Thread Information