Thread: California's Latest Online Poker Bill "Felony Alert"

Load Metric

California's Latest Online Poker Bill "Felony Alert"

http://www.onlinepokerreport.com/196...-online-poker/

Felony if you play on an unregulated site like Bovada, America's Card room. gg if you live in that state and play online poker.

The rooms wouldn't even start for two years after the bill passes, but in the mean time, the unregulated sites will likely pull out of California, many did in NJ. So the window for launch is basically date bill passes + time it takes to promulgate and approve regulations (max 270 days) + 1 year.

The state is not even going to make much money off this. The bill gives 95% of the tax revenue up to $60 Mil to the Horse Racing industry, which is excluded from offering online poker. Seeing how online sites in other states haven't made much money, I'm sure the only entity that will profit from this will be the horse racing industry.

The bill does NOT allow for interstate packs. So everyone including myself that thought the only way regulated poker in the US was going to work was when a big state got up and running, and shared player pools with all the smaller states. Not happening if this bill passes. Maybe years from now they could add that, but I would not expect that anytime soon as in the next ten years. They are concerned about violating federal law regarding interstate gambling, which they avoid by keeping it in CA. Still a fail.

They will not allow anyone with out a SSN to play, which cuts out foreign tourists, illegal aliens, which is at least a few potential customers. I'm pretty sure you can buy into a cash games at Commerce if you do not have a SSN but not online poker.

There is nothing in the bill which gives players first-lien on the funds in the case of site bankruptcy; recourse in the case of theft of those funds; etc. The funds will be segregated but not protected. Fraud Alert.

with Bovada up to #3 in traffic now, I'd say anyone in Calf that likes online poker should hope this bill does not pass.

Comments

Sanlmar: My man

jacosta24: FML

Load Metric
    You been smashing it recently Anchor. You're 99/100

SSN = the fiercest rake ... taxes

Suit up. Druff's comin

Thread Information