Thread: NWP+DD Radio Archives

Banned
    Load Metric

NWP+DD Radio Archives

It might have finally happened. He appears to have stopped hosting all of the old radio episodes.

Sad day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I believe you can find the DD ones on Stitcher.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm surprised DD is still up.

He hasn't updated the front page in a year, the Shooting Off forum is inaccessible (though you can still find individual threads by googling), and nobody has posted there in 6 months -- not even spammers!

Time to stick a fork in it and officially call it done.

One of these days it's just going to disappear.

Micon has long moved past this community. He's been all about bitcoin and drones for a long time. It doesn't seem that he cares about the NWP community anymore. I believe this is partially because everyone left his site in 2012, and partially because he just moved on to other things.

Load Metric
    Saddest moment for me was losing Jewdonk's dad segment on radio. Never made it into the archives due to technical reasons I believe.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    How much money would it take for micon to give druff archives to donkdown (forum and radio) and then druff could host it in read-only mode? I think micon should do it out of goodwill to the community. And I'm sure it wouldn't cost much more than the current hosting costs of pfa for druff to host the old boards in read-only mode. But I doubt micon does it for anything less than a few bitcoin, and I doubt most users here would want to see him get paid for content which was primarily user created (besides radio), and radio doesn't belong to just micon but the other hosts as well. So it's kind of a catch-22.
    I would be interested to hear some other thoughts on this and whether or not people here would really want to look through the old forum and radio at the point.

Comments

hongkonger: heya matos

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by matos View Post
    How much money would it take for micon to give druff archives to donkdown (forum and radio) and then druff could host it in read-only mode? I think micon should do it out of goodwill to the community. And I'm sure it wouldn't cost much more than the current hosting costs of pfa for druff to host the old boards in read-only mode. But I doubt micon does it for anything less than a few bitcoin, and I doubt most users here would want to see him get paid for content which was primarily user created (besides radio), and radio doesn't belong to just micon but the other hosts as well. So it's kind of a catch-22.
    I would be interested to hear some other thoughts on this and whether or not people here would really want to look through the old forum and radio at the point.
    Prob tree fiddy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Prob tree fiddy
    cash or bitcoins?

Load Metric
    Is the 50 dolla back / Bad Guy pimp episode anywhere?

Comments

jacosta24: this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think he would do it, especially because he appears to have money now.

I can't imagine he wants to do anything which will help PFA or make it further "replace" his site.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Is it true that Belly Buster possesses copies of all the old shows?

Thread Information