Thread: Mason and Charmaine Malmuth Foundation

Load Metric

Mason and Charmaine Malmuth Foundation

From the January 2p2 magazine publisher's note:

Name:  Screenshot_2016-02-19-18-29-47.png
Views: 1985
Size:  568.0 KB

Tldr:
    Now normally it’s not my style to drop figures like this, but recently, on another website. It was written “Mason is not known for his charity donations.”

Someone here forced MM's hand.

Load Metric
    The funny thing is the guy who accused him of never donating probably never donated more than a thousand dollars in his life and that may be a stretch and it would've been zero if there weren't tax deductions available. Cheap Jew. Money isn't everything Jew.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Someone here forced MM's hand.
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...l=1#post498279

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Most of the Mason discussion centered around the fact that he jumped to bash Negreanu and make him look like the bad guy in the Pokerstars situation, which was transparent and an asshole thing to do. If he didn't already dislike Negreanu, he wouldn't have said a word about it.

The 22Q donation as definitely a stab at Daniel. Mason is not known for his charity donations. He did this one because he wanted to show up Daniel. Believe me, Mason didn't give a shit that Jasep scammed 22Q, aside from the fact that it "proved" him right.

Mason did nothing innovative to make all the money he did from Two Plus Two, aside from being an early adopter of publishing poker book and running a poker forum. I give him credit for jumping into that early, but truthfully it was only a moderate income source until he lucked into poker blowing up more than 5 years later. Prior to the boom, he was just a small publisher in a small niche market.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: LOL
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    this guy was looking for a way to brag.

If he felt like he HAD to come forward, to defend his "reputation", because some random, on a site he hates, doubted him, the old man is either fragile or his self esteem is rock bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    "Mason is not known for his charity donations" - story stacks up.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/841721694

Name:  mmcf.png
Views: 1606
Size:  108.7 KB

Comments

DRK Star: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Old fucking scheister.

Dan Druff: detective belly buster to the rescue

Drexel: Awesome. Someone should kamakazi this on the 4

IAmProfessionalTalk: bravo

The_Lurker: well played

gimmick:

varys: Gods work

nunbeater: omfg this guy!!!! this guy right ova heayahh

GambleBotsChafedPenis: GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM REP!
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    The thing is this; I truly don't know a single person in poker or the gambling industry that knows Mason, that has anything positive to say about him.

I played many many many sessions of 30/60 and 40/80 lhe with him back during the boom. His regular game is 2-5 NL and he'll play limit games if there is a waiting list. He doesn't smile. He won't talk to anyone. He shows no enjoyment. It's almost like he is robotic. He announces like a machine "raise, call, fold" in the same monotone voice.

I never met his wife Salamander but I imagine she is a peach.

Funny story: For all the bashing I did back in the day about Micon, we truly did have a lot of good memories. 2008-2009ish we were leaving the Bellagio poker room to go eat and MM is playing in some game. Micon throws from about 20 feet a dollar chip right at MM and it hits him after it bounces on the felt right on his mutt head. He looks around but has no idea who threw it. Everyone at the table just goes about their business.

Micon and I ended up eating and as we were pulling out of valet, MM was standing waiting for his car. Micon starts yelling at MM "Niki Manaj morherfucker!!!!!" at the top of his lungs and throws a water bottle filled with cigarette butts at him. Lol. I know it sounds juvenile but it was pretty funny at the time.

Oh another time Sklansky offered me $25,000 to console his ex-wife who he gave my phone number to with out my consent and had claimed was depressed and lethargic.

Jesus what crazy times.

GS

ZoD

Comments

The Shrink: Best.

varys: Never disappointing

Shizzmoney: Niki Manaj morherfucker rep

hongkonger: solid fucking gold

Load Metric
    Belly Buster

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 1366
Size:  940.3 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Honestly I thought the $270k figure he dropped was very un-Mason-like.

Mason is known to be an extremely selfish and greedy person. That's why he did outrageous things such as restrict strategy discussions on 2+2 because he was afraid people wouldn't buy his books if they could discuss strategy for free (seriously).

He's also obsessed with "spam" and doesn't allow anyone to link anything to their own site, no matter how relevant their material is to the discussion. Even if your site broke the story being discussed on 2+2, you can't link to it.

He is a hard-ass who only cares about himself, which is why I was shocked at the claim that he handed out $270k to charity.

Tennis lessons are a very strange thing to give away for "charity", as well. Do you know of any impoverished kids whose dream it is to play tennis? No. What's next? Golf and polo for poor kids?

I am assuming there has to be some angle to this. If there isn't, LOL @ wasting $270k on charity tennis lessons, when you could be using that money to feed and clothe the poor.

Load Metric

Tennis lessons are a very strange thing to give away for "charity", as well. Do you know of any impoverished kids whose dream it is to play tennis? No. What's next? Golf and polo for poor kids?

I am assuming there has to be some angle to this. If there isn't, LOL @ wasting $270k on charity tennis lessons, when you could be using that money to feed and clothe the poor.

MM and his wife Salamander are known to commonly hang out in the area behind the Stratosohere handing out old school wooden tennis rackets from the Bjorn Borg era.

What's next? Him and Salamander handing out water polo sticks to the impoverished swimming in hotels downtown?

Comments

ftpjesus: Water Polo Sticks rep.. ROFLMAO the irony of that statement makes me laugh so damn hard

Load Metric
    "I see this thread....ending up....in Scams, Scandals and Shadiness"

Name:  8ff391aef9df0e9ed629e3e3414b6022.jpg
Views: 2017
Size:  11.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just looked more closely.

He seems to be donating $12k-$45k per year to his foundation, and then the tax form simply lists the majority of the money going to "Contributions, gifts, grants paid", which could literally be anything.

This officially puts most of the money from this foundation into the "expenses" category.

Hmmm...

I would love to know which tennis tournaments he sponsored, which kids were playing under the foundation, etc.

The whole tennis thing just seems so odd. I would love to know the true story here.

Load Metric
    I just looked more closely.

He seems to be donating $12k-$45k per year to his foundation, and then the tax form simply lists the majority of the money going to "Contributions, gifts, grants paid", which could literally be anything.

This officially puts most of the money from this foundation into the "expenses" category.

Hmmm...

I would love to know which tennis tournaments he sponsored, which kids were playing under the foundation, etc.

The whole tennis thing just seems so odd. I would love to know the true story here.
    As someone who played a lot of tennis when younger and many other sports, such charities to allow disadvantaged youth to play sports are common place.

I can't speak as to how its being run though or the expenses.

Load Metric
    http://www.investopedia.com/articles...n-start-up.asp

Benefits of Having a Private Foundation
    If you want to give to a good cause, the easiest way to do it is to write a check. So why do tens of thousands of people go to the trouble of starting up and operating private foundations?

According to the Association of Small Foundations, one reason for starting a private foundation is permanence. A foundation can consistently fund a select cause or group of causes and provide cumulative benefits to the recipients over many years of donations.

The ASF also says that some families start foundations to create a legacy. A foundation established in a loved one's name is a way to honor that individual even after he or she has passed away. Establishing a foundation in a family name can also encourage family members other than the founders to participate and provide a common cause around which to bond.

Tax benefits are another reason for starting a private foundation. When organized as a 501(c)(3), private foundations are tax exempt. They can collect contributions of cash and appreciated property without paying taxes on those contributions, and the contributors can claim their donations as tax deductions (with some restrictions). To qualify for the tax exemption, the foundation's purpose must be charitable, religious, educational, scientific, literary, testing for public safety, fostering national or international amateur sports competitions, or preventing cruelty to children or animals. For example, the foundation may assist the poor, advance education or maintain a public building.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1633
Size:  64.7 KB
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    has any of this info been posted at 4? where?

it might be nice to see some clarification from MM

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    has any of this info been posted at 4? where?

it might be nice to see some clarification from MM
    What's the point posting stuff there when anything negative is just going to get deleted?
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    Also if you happen to google Mason and Charmaine Malmuth Foundation, this PFA thread appears above the original 2p2 post #druffsseoftw #forthekids
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric
    If someone were to post

Mason,

I noticed this recently at another site, and I was wondering if you could comment on it?

they would actually delete the post and ban the poster? thats pathetic.

Comments

Belly Buster: Proabaly. I got banned for apparently being Todd.

ftpjesus: Paranoid MM & PP forum admins rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

While golf/polo/tennis for poor kids is a terrible charity idea, non profits/charter schools use "sport" ideas quite a bit to generate revenue for their "youth development organizations".

This all a scheme basically, IMO, to offer some type of "unique" program for "at-risk children" (aka "brown kids") in inner cities to "improve" their school performance.....all the while essentially what these orgs are basically doing is just being another corporate pig at the government tax giveaway troft, taking money away from public schools and into private hands. Some orgs actually do some good.....but most like this one are just tax schemes. Mark Zuckerberg's $45 billion dollar "charity" he just started is also a 501c3, which is essentially a limited-liability corporation, not a charitable trust. The use of an LLC means he can do whatever he wants with the money, including personal investment, complete with tax benefits!

And I bet Mason loves him some tax breaks, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 02-20-2016 at 08:15 AM.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    501c3 are the mothers milk of embarrassment for most everyone (athletes) who set them up.

Misanthrope that I am, I look at 990 tax records for 501c's quite often. I always enjoy the thrill of catching someone's hand in the cookie jar.

The typical scam is putting your family and posse on the payroll. See the Gronkowski family. Before you know it only 10% makes it to the street. But most charities are piss poor anyway.

I see Mason & Salamander claim 3hrs of work ea. week with no personal salary and no one else on payroll.

Looking clean.

Being under $50k there is no requirement to itemize donations. 35% tax bracket - this is small tax savings.

Chaulk this up to a strange choice by a guy who is perceived as strange anyway. You got nothing here.

Comments

IAmProfessionalTalk: watching the watchers rep plus bonus raining on our parade rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    501c3 are the mothers milk of embarrassment for most everyone (athletes) who set them up.

Misanthrope that I am, I look at 990 tax records for 501c's quite often. I always enjoy the thrill of catching someone's hand in the cookie jar.

The typical scam is putting your family and posse on the payroll. See the Gronkowski family. Before you know it only 10% makes it to the street. But most charities are piss poor anyway.

I see Mason & Salamander claim 3hrs of work ea. week with no personal salary and no one else on payroll.

Looking clean.

Being under $50k there is no requirement to itemize donations. 35% tax bracket - this is small tax savings.

Chaulk this up to a strange choice by a guy who is perceived as strange anyway. You got nothing here.
    Yup, seems to be a bit of unwarranted bashing in this thread. Odd cause but who the fuck cares.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information