Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pretty slick little Bovada scam

Load Metric

Pretty slick little Bovada scam

Edit: disregard, OP sucks cocks and didnt know about international fees.

SO last night I loaded up Bovada to bet against Kimbo Slice because lol of course I did, agreed to pay the usual 4.5% or whatever deposit fee, ok then it gets approved and Im good.

Today I check my CC statement and they ran the actual charge about 12 hours after I submitted it (standard I guess) but they charged me about 8.5%, not 4.5x%.

What the fuck is this shit.
    Last edited by sonatine; 02-18-2016 at 06:36 PM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    its called a fat tax similar to when you fly southwest

Comments

Muck Ficon: Horrible

rum dick: glorious

Load Metric
    CHECK OUT THE AUTHORITY FOR ALL THINGS FAT RELATED.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    rofl oh are we reversing the shots back at me breh i stay in my size 34 pants

Comments

Muck Ficon: Go back to skatz faggot

Load Metric
    also it looks like they did their shady chinese scamsite billing move and my card processor pegged me with an extra 3% international transaction fee.

kind of like how if you measure the girth of gay sex's lunch lady arms when hes standing up, gravity stretches out the waddle by an extra 3%.

Load Metric
    Druff has tilted about this multiple times.

Basically processors are shady and tack on extra fees.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    rofl oh are we reversing the shots back at me breh i stay in my size 34 pants
    SIZE 34 PER LEG.

Load Metric
    but seriously the last time i deposited on bovada it was a huge hassle and to process the 1100 dollars took like 20 minutes on the phone and i never checked my statement and then i lost it all high on cocaine in like 48 minutes

Comments

Muck Ficon: But seriously....go back to Skatz

rum dick: take it down!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    but seriously the last time i deposited on bovada it was a huge hassle and to process the 1100 dollars took like 20 minutes on the phone and i never checked my statement and then i lost it all high on cocaine in like 48 minutes
    yeah my sop is to fade the outrageous fees by nailing a huge mma dog bet then immediately taking it to the 10/20 games and getting coolered into blood and dust in about 5 orbits.

Load Metric
    i think i was trying to bet it on sports and then was like fuck this i already have an offshore sports account and played poker with a fat lawyer friend who was in louisiana and crushed him for 300 and then was so high i dont even remember the rest but i had people over and i had a fire going

Load Metric
    speaking of which we need to start stacking up on tennis dogs so we can profit from the prolific match fixing.

Load Metric
    night gambling asian tennis is one of my lifes passions

Comments

rum dick: wow

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's probably the international transaction tax that happens on a lot of cards as well.

You should have considered depositing elsewhere if it was just for an mma fight where you get better lines and don't have to pay such a hefty deposit vig.

Comments

sonatine: agreed + agreed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    SO last night I loaded up Bovada to bet against Kimbo Slice because lol of course I did, agreed to pay the usual 4.5% or whatever deposit fee, ok then it gets approved and Im good.

Today I check my CC statement and they ran the actual charge about 12 hours after I submitted it (standard I guess) but they charged me about 8.5%, not 4.5x%.

I totally agree that Kimbo is a joke but this Dada 5000 may be a bigger joke. You gotta be careful, the writers might have Dada winning.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I totally agree that Kimbo is a joke but this Dada 5000 may be a bigger joke. You gotta be careful, the writers might have Dada winning.

At +325 I feel strongly that Kimbo will throw the fight and double his net worth by pawning his gold and stacking up on Dada.

That and that alone is why I placed a bet.

Comments

Hockey Guy: lol

Henry: your process on this one is faultless

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

First off, always make sure to use a CC with no foreign transaction fees.

Second, provided the difference between the 4.9 (which I think is the rate they charge) and the 8.5 is not from foreign transaction fees, call Bovada and complain about this. They will sometimes credit you the difference. Make sure to keep insisting that these are NOT foreign transaction fees. They will want a copy of your statement. Sometimes they will accept a screen shot of a current statement, and sometimes they will demand a scan of the paper statement in a month when it comes (lol). Try to resist the latter.

Call during the day -- from about 9am - 5pm EST. If you don't get satisfaction, ask for a supervisor. If you still don't get satisfaction, ask for a manager. Don't try this after hours. They have monkeys working then who will just say no and infuriate you.

I've been hit-and-miss with getting reimbursed by processors who skim, but that's on the cashout end, where they are less willing to help. On the deposit end, they should be more willing to help, especially if you get the right person.

Be prepared for morons to argue with you with claims of currency conversion differences and foreign transaction fees. Repeat to them that this isn't the situation. You can send me a copy of your online statement (redacting whatever you want) and I'll take a look for you if you so desire.

FYI this isn't Bovada stiffing you. It's their payment processors, and they turn a blind eye because they don't want to make waves with them.

Believe it or not, I decided to just give up and let them skim from me on those cashouts, because the money wasn't a lot, and they were refusing to help. I realized they don't like players like me (big winners at poker) so it was either deal with the shady skimming or quit playing there. But deposit skimming/overcharging is different.

GL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

First off, always make sure to use a CC with no foreign transaction fees.

Second, provided the difference between the 4.9 (which I think is the rate they charge) and the 8.5 is not from foreign transaction fees, call Bovada and complain about this. They will sometimes credit you the difference. Make sure to keep insisting that these are NOT foreign transaction fees. They will want a copy of your statement. Sometimes they will accept a screen shot of a current statement, and sometimes they will demand a scan of the paper statement in a month when it comes (lol). Try to resist the latter.

Call during the day -- from about 9am - 5pm EST. If you don't get satisfaction, ask for a supervisor. If you still don't get satisfaction, ask for a manager. Don't try this after hours. They have monkeys working then who will just say no and infuriate you.

I've been hit-and-miss with getting reimbursed by processors who skim, but that's on the cashout end, where they are less willing to help. On the deposit end, they should be more willing to help, especially if you get the right person.

Be prepared for morons to argue with you with claims of currency conversion differences and foreign transaction fees. Repeat to them that this isn't the situation. You can send me a copy of your online statement (redacting whatever you want) and I'll take a look for you if you so desire.

FYI this isn't Bovada stiffing you. It's their payment processors, and they turn a blind eye because they don't want to make waves with them.

Believe it or not, I decided to just give up and let them skim from me on those cashouts, because the money wasn't a lot, and they were refusing to help. I realized they don't like players like me (big winners at poker) so it was either deal with the shady skimming or quit playing there. But deposit skimming/overcharging is different.

GL

TY, I appreciate the feedback. I spoke with both the card team and Bovada today (the latter after making this thread) and its pretty clear at his point that I'm just getting raked twice; once by their processor and then the bank for international fees.

Cost of doing business I guess.

Load Metric
    Also, when at all possible use a Visa to deposit and not a MasterCard. Using a MasterCard will cost you an additional 2-3% in fees.

Cards that I know will NOT charge international fees are Barclays Arrival and Rewards, Capital One Venture and Amazon Chase. I have used these before but WONT use the Barclays because they're MasterCards and I learned the hard way after one deposit.

I know that most Chase cards- Freedom, Slate, Ritz, Marriott, United, will charge the international fee.

I have never been successful depositing with any Citibank card.

A funny side note- when wsop.com first started up, I only had an e-check deposit limit of $500 weekly (it's now an asinine 100k weekly.) I made my first deposit using the Total Rewards Visa from commenity bank. I was charged not only cash advance fees but INTERNATIONAL FEES!!!

After a few emails and threats (I was 7 star at the time), they credited my account after at first not budging.

Comments

sonatine: hella cogent

Load Metric
    cucumber water is for the customers

Comments

rum dick: hahaha

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post

A funny side note- when wsop.com first started up, I only had an e-check deposit limit of $500 weekly (it's now an asinine 100k weekly.)

yebsite the fuck out of them, imo

Thread Information