Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Molly's Game" movie about poker superhost Molly Bloom being cast, to be produced by Amy Pascal

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Watched this last night, was about 45 mins too long
    lol. Has there ever been a good movie made about gambling

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

the cooler is pretty good. rounders is god.

Comments

Gookieheimowitz: The Cooler : Great Film

FRANKRIZZO: cooler rep

Load Metric
    Yes: This movie about degenerate race track gamblers was 100% spot on. Great movie if you have never seen it .

Name:  33L55pHncrUVQoq3ylX1jWPi5Z0.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  let-it-ride.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  46.2 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Plus, young Jennifer Tilly tits.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Just finished the book and I know no one around here reads books but if you want to practice reading a book, this one is pretty good.

She names a lot of names, leaves out some details and is extremely generous with a positive self-appraisal; it's impossible to label her anything but a gold digger yet she somehow paints herself a romantic despite endless and compelling evidence to the contrary.

I remember when all those people got arrested - a lot of poker players got arrested and the book kind of ends when the cuffs go on. It's almost impossible to believe she didn't co-operate with the government in light of her sentence of probation -then she wrote this book and named a lot of names. I am sure she could of said more but she said plenty and she said enough to make you question her discretion and claims of not cooperating.

Yes, Tobey Mcquire is a dick by any conceivable measure but it never occurs to her just how overpaid she was for running those games. Other than becoming the prettiest girl to ever run a poker game she had no accolades.. In a world with highly accomplished individuals, her resume read "Hustler with a pretty face". Based on little less than this, her sense of entitlement was awesome.

Great book irrespective of her motives and character.

Load Metric
    I watched it for the first time last night and enjoyed it enough to want to comment about it here. But the security certificate had expired and I waited for Druff to fix it before loading the page.

Then, I watched it again tonight partly because the other options for movie-watching weren’t so good, paetly because I enjoyed the drama of the hyper unbelievable goodie-two-shoes narrative of the potrayal of Bloom, and partly because many scenes showing the “Cinemax version” of Chastain as Bloom.

Name:  9B00C8F0-2A11-4DB4-AC37-FB4BBFE14F0C.gif
Views: 671
Size:  2.99 MB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

the cooler is pretty good. rounders is god.
    For every cooler and Rounders you get All In and Lucky You and a bunch of other shit shows.. (Lucky You wouldve had potential had Bana just turned into the Hulk and tipped over some poker tables during the movie)..

Load Metric
    Just finished the book and I know no one around here reads books but if you want to practice reading a book, this one is pretty good.

She names a lot of names, leaves out some details and is extremely generous with a positive self-appraisal; it's impossible to label her anything but a gold digger yet she somehow paints herself a romantic despite endless and compelling evidence to the contrary.

I remember when all those people got arrested - a lot of poker players got arrested and the book kind of ends when the cuffs go on. It's almost impossible to believe she didn't co-operate with the government in light of her sentence of probation -then she wrote this book and named a lot of names. I am sure she could of said more but she said plenty and she said enough to make you question her discretion and claims of not cooperating.

Yes, Tobey Mcquire is a dick by any conceivable measure but it never occurs to her just how overpaid she was for running those games. Other than becoming the prettiest girl to ever run a poker game she had no accolades.. In a world with highly accomplished individuals, her resume read "Hustler with a pretty face". Based on little less than this, her sense of entitlement was awesome.

Great book irrespective of her motives and character.
    Anybody notice that Tobey Mc's career went into the shitter after those poker games he ran?? Karmas a bitch just sayin.. His ego and such got in the way writing checks his ass and career couldnt cash. Hope he got serious points for Spiderman because thats the only Hollywood money he's liable to see for awhile is those residual checks..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gookieheimowitz View Post

Yes: This movie about degenerate race track gamblers was 100% spot on. Great movie if you have never seen it .

Name:  33L55pHncrUVQoq3ylX1jWPi5Z0.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  71.7 KB

Name:  let-it-ride.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  46.2 KB

To think Phil Laak gets to play with those things is kinda sick.. Although shes also 60 (didnt think shed actually hit it yet but apparently she was born in 58 meaning she hit 60 a few months back) so they might be seriously down to her waist by now without some medical assistance to hoist them back up..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

A new book by Houston Curtis, who was also in the game, claims that he and Tobey Maguire were really running the show, and Molly was just a pretty face who facilitated the game taking place at certain venues like The Viper Room.

Supposedly they clobbered Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio and director Nick Cassavetes for a lot of money, and those guys were fish in the game.

The book is called Billion Dollar Hollywod Heist.

https://www.pokernewsdaily.com/new-b...lys-game-33560

Load Metric
    BUMP

A new book by Houston Curtis, who was also in the game, claims that he and Tobey Maguire were really running the show, and Molly was just a pretty face who facilitated the game taking place at certain venues like The Viper Room.

Supposedly they clobbered Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio and director Nick Cassavetes for a lot of money, and those guys were fish in the game.

Uhhh... There is probably a lot of truth to that when she was the hostess of the game when she was in LA. But Maguire and Curtis had nothing to do with the much bigger game she started and ran in New York City after she was cut out of hosting the games in LA.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    The real ‘Molly’s Game’: Inside Tobey Maguire’s high-stakes underground poker ring

https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/the-re...nd-poker-ring/

I figured that Molly wasn't a mastermind.

Back in 2004, Tobey was an absolute fish.

He played the WSOP at the old Binion's Horseshoe in downtown Las Vegas and hung out with Daniel Negreau.

I guess his poker skills improved a little after that.

How much money did Tobey Maguire make at these games?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was covering the WSOP back in 2007 or 2008 and there was buzz in the press room that Tobey was at table xyz with Chau Giang, I had walked past that table and took a pic of Chau earlier but didn’t even recognize Tobey.

So I hustle over there and every time I raise my camera, that asshole would put his hand in front of his face.

So, I flank the table about 15 feet away and take the pic anyhow, the look on his is pure hate...haha.

Fuck that guy.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The real ‘Molly’s Game’: Inside Tobey Maguire’s high-stakes underground poker ring

https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/the-re...nd-poker-ring/

I figured that Molly wasn't a mastermind.

Back in 2004, Tobey was an absolute fish.

He played the WSOP at the old Binion's Horseshoe in downtown Las Vegas and hung out with Daniel Negreau.

I guess his poker skills improved a little after that.

How much money did Tobey Maguire make at these games?

His career took a nosedive after he took a lot of Hollywood people's money. Wonder why??????

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tobey was married to a woman named Jennifer Meyer, whom he met on a movie set in 2003, and they wedded in 2007. They divorced in 2017. They're still on good terms, apparenty.

I saw this chick ALLLLLLLLLLL the time at Bellagio, sitting behind Tobey. He would play for hours and hours and hours, and she'd be right there behind him. I remember thinking to myself, "Zero chance she would tolerate this shit if he wasn't rich or famous."

She looked really bored, as you'd expect of someone there to watch someone else play cash poker. I can understand being present to watch your significant other play poker for awhile, and how it could be fun at first. However, it went on for years this way (mostly before they were married), and this had to be like watching paint dry for her. He didn't talk to her that much, either. He was mostly concentrating on the game.

Comments

JimmyG_415: Even if she has a rocket body, she is still only a 5, at best.

Load Metric
    WTF? If anyone on here posted that and said it was their wife or whatever, I'd be like holy F, she is ugly.
    But, for a movie star? ............Leo'd never be seen w/someone like that.

This is currently on Netflix.

Tobey was married to a woman named Jennifer Meyer, whom he met on a movie set in 2003, and they wedded in 2007. They divorced in 2017. They're still on good terms, apparenty.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    lol Tobey Maguire capping tips suck a dick Spiderman

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    WTF? If anyone on here posted that and said it was their wife or whatever, I'd be like holy F, she is ugly.
    But, for a movie star? ............Leo'd never be seen w/someone like that.

This is currently on Netflix.

It's a bad picture of her. Google her and you'll see her looking better in a number of pics. When I saw her in person (admittedly over a decade ago), I thought she was "cute but not hot".

In any case, it's much better to marry a down-to-earth chick you can live with than a high maintenance, shallow-but-hot bitch you will end up divorcing. Yes, they divorced anyway, but they're still on good terms, and if I had to guess, it was more likely because Tobey is kind of an asshole.

Load Metric
    Movie was dull and boring.

Silver
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Well in the book Toby did squeeze her out and take over in Cali so she had to leave Cali go to NY and start over where I think she was indicted.

Her account in the book seems very believable to me.

There was an anecdote in the book about Toby leasing her the shuffle master in Cali which doesn’t seem made up and if it was his game like the new book alleges, why would she lease it for a game he was playing in and she was allegedly running?

Houston Curtis was a friend of Russ Hamiltons. I'll read his book but it's gonna be a tough sale on the veracity meter.
    Last edited by Sidewinder; 04-08-2020 at 06:25 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Movie was dull and boring.
    Movie had me squirming in my seat. Almost left.

Book was fantastic.

Thread Information