Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Experience, call for a refund?

Load Metric

Bad Experience, call for a refund?

This past weekend wife and kids were out of town, giving me some peace and quiet. So Saturday I decided to go to an local chain restaurant and belly up to the bar, (begins with an "O" before I get flamed like I have in the past for going here). I got to places like this on occasion, not really for the food but more for the fact I can unwind and watch whatever game is on and fuck around on my phone. They as you know have a good bar and tall frosty cold ones. You can spent two hours there and just nurse a couple beers and eat a nice meal quietly and watch the games.

I got there at 3pm, an off time for a Saturday and its more crowded at the bar than I expected. I had to sit in the worst seat at the bar, only because the empty seat next to it had a giant coat on it. I figured someone was sitting there but my seat was face up to the beer taps, but ok I will deal with it.

I ordered a beer and a steak right when the bartender came by and was just relaxing. Beer came and someone picked up the coat and sat down. Ok. Then it began.

It was very clear the guy who sat down had Tourettes Syndrome, he literally began twitching and began talking to himself. He then began shouting to the players at the game on tv. About 5 minutes into the experience his chicken wings came and he began devouring them with amazing speed while screaming at the TV with chicken flinging out of his mouth.

I won't give every play by play, but this guy was 5 chicken wings into like 8 when my meal came out. Every time I took a bite, there would be a violent twitch or a shout at the TV. It totally ruined what was supposed to be a nice experience. The guy left for a minute to I guess use the bathroom and I asked WTF to the bartender? She said yeah he comes in every Saturday mid-day and you know we just deal with it.

When he came back I could not take anymore, the random shouting and twitching continued. I had only eaten 20% of my meal, I just lost my appetite, and tossed down $30. I did not even ask for a bill but added it up that it could not have been more than $25. First time in my life I just paid without a check but I had to get the fuck out.

I have been debating all day calling for a refund. It was a ruinous experience and why I was not warned ahead of time what I was sitting next to is inexcusable. Am I overreacting? Or should I call the manager and push for a gift card?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why not just change seats?

And while this story may or may not be true, in general you shouldn't ask for any refunds when other customers behave badly. You should only ask for something if the staff behaves badly.

Load Metric
    Steak at the olive garden? To each their own I guess.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

And while this story may or may not be true, in general you shouldn't ask for any refunds when other customers behave badly. You should only ask for something if the staff behaves badly.
    Reading skills, I said I effectively got the last seat in the bar, its why I sat in front of the beer tap. What was I supposed to do when I realized I was stuck and got next to a shouter, and got my steak? Just ask to be relocated to general dining? What walk over with my plate and A1 sauce? It's not a house and the place was packed probably because it was NFL weekend.

Yeah, I am just making all this up for the 53 active posters on your vanity site. Always been a mystery not one poker pro has ever posted here (lol a joke we all know why). Not one.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Reading skills, I said I effectively got the last seat in the bar, its why I sat in front of the beer tap. What was I supposed to do when I realized I was stuck and got next to a shouter, and got my steak? Just ask to be relocated to general dining? What walk over with my plate and A1 sauce? It's not a house and the place was packed probably because it was NFL weekend.

Yeah, I am just making all this up for the 53 active posters on your vanity site. Always been a mystery not one poker pro has ever posted here (lol a joke we all know why). Not one.
    You're at a sports bar, a guy was loud, and you want a refund?

Get real, pal.

Comments

NickyPipes: he needs to get his head on straight
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    If I am at a restaurant and somebody is misbehaving I do not "cry" to the "staff" or "demand" a "refund"

I simply walk up to the violating party and give them 1 warning to "knock it off"

So far, this has immediately cleared up and resolved any issues

Comments

desertrunner: Like it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Next time if you ask nicely, your wife might ask the man who is bullying you to cut you a break

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    If I am at a restaurant and somebody is misbehaving I do not "cry" to the "staff" or "demand" a "refund"

I simply walk up to the violating party and give them 1 warning to "knock it off"

So far, this has immediately cleared up and resolved any issues
    LOL, I would have been arrested. The guy obviously had Tourettes and I would have been accused of attacking someone with a disability. Plus, I had to walk nowhere, he was right next to me. Just imagine eating and someone literally having spastic twitches and shouting at the TV. Like I said, I should have been warned obviously when I sat down, I just would have left, instead I had a completely ruined steak dinner.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I don't know how they would "warn" you, it is not an appropriate thing for them to mention to you obviously

All joking aside that does seem like an uncomfortable situation, I probably would have left when I realized the entire experience was going to be a mess.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post
    I don't know how they would "warn" you, it is not an appropriate thing for them to mention to you obviously

All joking aside that does seem like an uncomfortable situation, I probably would have left when I realized the entire experience was going to be a mess.
    Think for a second when you have a guy twitching severely and shouting at the TV less than 2 feet next to you. What pissed me off was I was not warned when I sat down. The guy was taking a leak or something, he was not there. The bartender could have warned me, she could have simply said this is the wrong spot at the wrong time and I just would have went to Applebees or something. I was not looking to get some fantastic Mortons meal, just spend 90 minutes nursing a beer or two and eating an average dinner and watch the game.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Better go get your $30 back pal, sounds like they should have “warned” you

You suck at making up stories, bottomset

Banned
    Load Metric
    totally agree the situation was unacceptable but..

your experience may have been unpleasant, but that does not justify complaining to management or demanding a refund just because you got stuck at the end seat next to some stuttering retard

that is not their problem…you were just unfortunate enough to draw the short straw when being seated

bottomset you are better than this man

get vaxxed for Druff Derangement Syndrome immediately

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    totally agree the situation was unacceptable but..

your experience may have been unpleasant, but that does not justify complaining to management or demanding a refund just because you got stuck at the end seat next to some stuttering retard

that is not their problem…you were just unfortunate enough to draw the short straw when being seated

bottomset you are better than this man

get vaxxed for Druff Derangement Syndrome immediately
    Yeah I am going to leave it alone. But it was unsettling to have this guy severely twitching with a fork and knife right by his hand. He could have stabbed me in the face in an deranged moment which is precisely why I left.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Why do you think Druff suggested your story is a lie?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Isn't it ultimately the guys fault who was so loud? I mean, if you know you can't control your tics or whatever why would you be going out in public like that knowing you're going to make everyone around you uncomfortable? He should have been the one to pay for your meal.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I agree with country

You’re a soft guy for not forcing him to refund you for spoiling your time

Load Metric
    Karen of the year thread.

Comments

country978: lol - sure does seem so

NickyPipes: He needs to stop bitching

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Isn't it ultimately the guys fault who was so loud? I mean, if you know you can't control your tics or whatever why would you be going out in public like that knowing you're going to make everyone around you uncomfortable? He should have been the one to pay for your meal.
    I agree. My meal was ruined that is a fact. I was going to protest but given the agitated status of the guy, I believe he might have come after me. He was a larger guy, but I would have most likely overwhelmed him, but then what? I get arrested by the woke left for assaulting a handicapped guy. Yeah not worth it. I processed everything and just took off with 80% of my steak still there, and put a frozen pizza in the oven when I got home.

Gold
    Load Metric
    You need to go back this Saturday and get your $30 back

Can’t just get pushed around like this

Do you think he ate the steak you paid for?

Thread Information