Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Insurance claims/totalling vehicle

  1. #1

    Insurance claims/totalling vehicle

    Ok so I have a situation on my hands. I have a vehicle (2007, 75k miles approx value 14,000) and the engine went up. And it would cost 7k to replace, and the vehicle needs other stuff too (tires, brakes). So right now it really isn't worth much. I am pretty much fucked. Hasn't been tagged for about 6 months.

    I was thinking of tagging/insuring it again very soon, and see if **maybe** it might find it's way into a wall/pole type deal. I have researched this extensively and my only concern is the insurance company not totaling the vehicle. I have read that these days hey can do all types of shit with the frame, and on my type of vehicle it can easily be replaced if needed. So even if I make sure it is banged up pretty good, I am going to need to hit a minimum of about 9k in damage to make sure they total it. (70% damage rate in my state guidelines). I have the perfect spot to do it, but am concerned with just how hard I am going to have to hit it for this amount of damage.

    My vehicle is very large (SUV) and is not a small little compact car, so this might be a little harder than it seems. My main question is if the front passenger corner takes a direct hit, what are the odds I can actually damage this thing enough to make sure they total it? Also, are they going to figure out the engine is fucked up afterwards? I mean it starts up and runs and everything, just can't drive it very far (not like they could actually drive it anyway but). The damage to the engine is completely internal (bearings are shot we think).

    So has anyone have any experience with insurance companies and this situation? Any mechanics that can shed some light on what it would take to do 9k in damage? I am going to keep it insured for at least 3 months before I do anything.....if I do.

  2. #2
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    349
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Ok so I have a situation on my hands. I have a vehicle (2007, 75k miles approx value 14,000) and the engine went up. And it would cost 7k to replace, and the vehicle needs other stuff too (tires, brakes). So right now it really isn't worth much. I am pretty much fucked. Hasn't been tagged for about 6 months.

    I was thinking of tagging/insuring it again very soon, and see if **maybe** it might find it's way into a wall/pole type deal. I have researched this extensively and my only concern is the insurance company not totaling the vehicle. I have read that these days hey can do all types of shit with the frame, and on my type of vehicle it can easily be replaced if needed. So even if I make sure it is banged up pretty good, I am going to need to hit a minimum of about 9k in damage to make sure they total it. (70% damage rate in my state guidelines). I have the perfect spot to do it, but am concerned with just how hard I am going to have to hit it for this amount of damage.

    My vehicle is very large (SUV) and is not a small little compact car, so this might be a little harder than it seems. My main question is if the front passenger corner takes a direct hit, what are the odds I can actually damage this thing enough to make sure they total it? Also, are they going to figure out the engine is fucked up afterwards? I mean it starts up and runs and everything, just can't drive it very far (not like they could actually drive it anyway but). The damage to the engine is completely internal (bearings are shot we think).

    So has anyone have any experience with insurance companies and this situation? Any mechanics that can shed some light on what it would take to do 9k in damage? I am going to keep it insured for at least 3 months before I do anything.....if I do.
    Here is some advice: don't commit fraud. It is illegal, immoral, and will cause bad karma.

  3. #3
    I take it you don't smoke. There isn't a smoker alive who hasn't almost torched his car with a cigarette blowing back into an open rear window or dropped one between the seats.

    Take some food warmers over to a party and dump an accidently still lit can of sterno on the seat.

    Your lack of creativity is prolly a sign that you don't have the wits to carry this off successfully

    I have visions of you weeping uncontrollably as the small town cop and insurance claims investigator ask you to state your name.

    Edit:
    recent posts by Druff indicate he might cooperate with authorities if asked


    The information in this Post is intended solely for entertainment purposes and may not be used as a substitute for professional advice and/or information, as circumstances will vary from person to person. You should not act or rely upon this information without seeking professional advice. Do not attempt any of the suggested actions, solutions, remedies, or instructions found in this Post without first consulting with a qualified professional.

    Thx Druff
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-17-2016 at 02:57 PM.

  4. #4
    So OP you are posting on a expose fraud site and want advice on how to commit insurance fraud. How big of a moron are you?

     
    Comments
      
      Fartapotomous: excellent point

  5. #5
    We are of course speaking hypothetically here. I would never ever commit any acts of fraud.

    But if you don't have anything to add, don't need the lecture about morality or anything else. We all know insurance companies are models of morality and would never try to screw over a consumer in any way.

    Appreciate the cigarette idea but really don't think that is a viable option.

  6. #6
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    4651
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32,582
    Blog Entries
    2
    I would only cooperate with authorities (regarding users here) voluntarily under the following circumstances:

    1) Serious crime, such as one involving violence, terrorism, espionage, child molestation, rape, etc
    -or-
    2) Scams/financial crimes against other individuals
    -or-
    3) Warrant or subpoena legally requiring me to give up info

    Otherwise I wouldn't get involved, unless forced by law.

    So if someone posts about some minor insurance fraud they're committing, while I may not agree with or encourage it, I'm not going to snitch on them either.

  7. #7
    Injury is a serious risk even for moderate speed collisions.

  8. #8
    Platinum thesparten's Avatar
    Reputation
    -15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    1
    A lot of cars get stolen and found 2 blocks away tottaly engulfed in flames..

    A lot of spiteful people out there.

    But this is the Bronx.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    A lot of cars get stolen and found 2 blocks away tottaly engulfed in flames..

    A lot of spiteful people out there.

    But this is the Bronx.
    Dude take you supposed money(40k-daily crack use) and shove it up your ass. Most of us around here have gone through shit too. If you really cared about the community, you would take that 40k too atlantic city and blog about it!!! otherwise suck my fucking dick pussy!

  10. #10
    Platinum thesparten's Avatar
    Reputation
    -15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeykilla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    A lot of cars get stolen and found 2 blocks away tottaly engulfed in flames..

    A lot of spiteful people out there.

    But this is the Bronx.
    Dude take you supposed money(40k-daily crack use) and shove it up your ass. Most of us around here have gone through shit too. If you really cared about the community, you would take that 40k too atlantic city and blog about it!!! otherwise suck my fucking dick pussy!
    A little judgemental, aren't we?

    I don't care that u hang out in public restrooms.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    local story on this, these insurance fires appear to happen all the time:
    https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...ated-officials

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Pet insurance.
    By MrEwubbsZ in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-31-2015, 08:08 PM
  2. Detroit highest auto insurance rates
    By Sanlmar in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 01:51 AM
  3. Central AC Theft Prevention/Insurance
    By chinamaniac in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 02:26 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM
  5. Has your health insurance gone up
    By Rollo Tomasi in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-28-2012, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •