Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bovada Help please

Load Metric

Bovada Help please

I bought a new laptop this weekend. I am loving the new machine. Dell 12GB RAM solid state hard drive, i7 processor, 4K UHD display, 2 TB storage, 15.6" touchscreen. Windows 10, if that matters. Ive got a buddy at Best Buy so I got the retail $1000+ machine for $600, tax included.

Anyways, I digress. The point of this thread is everything is working great EXCEPT Bovada. I download the poker client, and immediately when it starts installing the window is TINY. Im talking maybe like 1" X 2" max on my screen. Even if I zoom in on my desktop the font on the client takes up the entire window. It is impossible to do anything. I cant just easily modify the size of the client. Literally everything else on my computer is working fine.

So how do I fix this? Thanks in advance

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: I hope you got a lemon and it causes you headache after headache you faggot

The_Lurker: back Lannister Faggot
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    You don't need to worry about me posting horrible shit anymore because I'm pretty much done.
    Welcome back and congrats... Even though you were giving negative reps out under Lannister I didn't think you'd be able to hold out so long. Almost 3 weeks. Pretty impressive.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    You don't need to worry about me posting horrible shit anymore because I'm pretty much done.
    Welcome back and congrats... Even though you were giving negative reps out under Lannister I didn't think you'd be able to hold out so long. Almost 3 weeks. Pretty impressive.

Thank you, I guess. I would like to dispel once and for all that Lannister and I are the same person. We are 100% two different people. For years Lannister has been one of my real life best friends. In fact he is the person who ultimately introduced me to this community. Recently he has moved about 50 miles south of his old house, about 70 miles south of me. Druff can easily confirm that Lannister & I are often logged in at the same time, from vastly different areas.

Granted we have similar interests, similar online nemesis. But this fallacy that Lannister & I are the same person is funny to me. Druff could easily prove I am telling the truth here, but I doubt he chimes in. Letting everyone thing whatever they want to think is more fun. But I can assure you, scouts honor, that Lannister is not one of my dupes. I guess the most concrete proof that I can possibly provide on that front is "Do you really think Druff would allow me to have a dupe here?" I can promise you I have attempted to register dupes, and have been routinely denied.

Comments

sonatine: shut it down Lannister
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    For reference, you can look at a standard size desktop icon and compare that to the Bovada window. It is laughably small, the font wont even all fit on the window. Ive checked everything my tiny brain knows how to do, but I dont see anything obvious

Name:  tiny bovada.jpg
Views: 1787
Size:  1.04 MB

Load Metric

Thank you, I guess. I would like to dispel once and for all that Lannister and I are the same person. We are 100% two different people. For years Lannister has been one of my real life best friends. In fact he is the person who ultimately introduced me to this community. Recently he has moved about 50 miles south of his old house, about 70 miles south of me. Druff can easily confirm that Lannister & I are often logged in at the same time, from vastly different areas.

Granted we have similar interests, similar online nemesis. But this fallacy that Lannister & I are the same person is funny to me. Druff could easily prove I am telling the truth here, but I doubt he chimes in. Letting everyone thing whatever they want to think is more fun. But I can assure you, scouts honor, that Lannister is not one of my dupes. I guess the most concrete proof that I can possibly provide on that front is "Do you really think Druff would allow me to have a dupe here?" I can promise you I have attempted to register dupes, and have been routinely denied.
    Thank you for that very well thought out explanation, Lannister.

Load Metric

Thank you for that very well thought out explanation, Lannister.
    Wanna wager that I can prove we are two different people? Escrow with Druff, and he is the sole and final arbiter?

Load Metric
    Name:  nbh is mad.PNG
Views: 1549
Size:  18.2 KB

Mad you dont have $600 faggot?

Comments

bukowski72: Please get banned

Load Metric
    Did you try running it in compatibility mode for an older Windows version?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

I have not. Can you easily explain how to do that? Or should I Google it?

Load Metric

right click the shortcut on your desktop>>>properties>>>compatibility tab. Should be in the middle of it there

Comments

jsearles22: Thanks for the suggestion

Load Metric

right click the shortcut on your desktop>>>properties>>>compatibility tab. Should be in the middle of it there
    Thanks for the suggestion, I appreciate it. Unfortunately it didnt work. I ran the setup file in both Windows 8 and Windows 7 compatibility mode and neither worked correctly. There was also an option there to "disable display scaling on high DPI settings" which I tried to no avail.

Any other ideas?

Load Metric
    Not off the top of my head besides the classic "uninstall and redownload and try again".

Load Metric
    Name:  searlessANDwife.PNG
Views: 1571
Size:  622.6 KB

Comments

jsearles22: obsession

NaturalBornHustler: offset totally accurate rep

Load Metric
    pretty sick thinly veiled brag lannister

Load Metric
    It's a cache issue, its a known issue and Bovada faggot admins dont care. Open up a text editor like Notepad and create a text file containing:

@echo off
    del C:\Windows\System32

Save it with name lannister.bat, right click on it, choose 'Run as Administrator', reboot. When you come back up, run the Bovada client, it will re-download and re-initialize the video settings and you're good.

Comments

jsearles22: yeah, um not gonna delete my windows braj

The_Lurker: solid advice

gut:

nunbeater: I work in IT and this is accurate
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    For years Lannister has been one of my real life best friends.
    'Lannister' said he had never met you in a post made less than two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I admit the Lannister situation is suspicious, especially since jsearles admits to knowing him and seemed to care that he got banned. (jsearles e-mailed me about it.)

Does he alllow jsearles to use his account sometimes? Maybe. I also wouldn't be surprised if they hang out and jsearles posts from his house.
    Sort of this

However I don't let JSearles use my computer because I have never actually met him. We are from the same area and I know him from the internets.

Comments

donkeykilla: Instant Checkmate

jsearles22: instant????

sonatine: Instant.

NaturalBornHustler: gut shot because it was so easy

DRK Star: OH....Henry.....!

vegas1369: Got em'!

nunbeater: boom bitch

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    pretty sick thinly veiled brag sizzler

Yeah, you' re right. I really expected people to be impressed that I cant play $.50/$1 online poker on my $600 computer......... If that seems like a brag, it says way more about you than it does about me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    'Lannister' said he had never met you in a post made less than two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I admit the Lannister situation is suspicious, especially since jsearles admits to knowing him and seemed to care that he got banned. (jsearles e-mailed me about it.)

Does he alllow jsearles to use his account sometimes? Maybe. I also wouldn't be surprised if they hang out and jsearles posts from his house.
    Sort of this

However I don't let JSearles use my computer because I have never actually met him. We are from the same area and I know him from the internets.
    Everything said on these forums must be true right?

Load Metric
    Everything said on these forums must be true right?

Comments

DRK Star: Sold his neck to buy new laptop

jsearles22: trying too hard

wrenchjockey: didn't have to try hard

nunbeater: literally didn't have to try at all

Load Metric
    Why are you worried about Bovada when you got a street bookie that always has such favorable lines?

Comments

jsearles22: street bookie poker client rep
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information