Thread: Grand Master Maurice Ashley vs Old Shit Talker

Load Metric

Grand Master Maurice Ashley vs Old Shit Talker

lol

Comments

GrenadaRoger: gg...Ashley is good for chess...he reports matches ESPN style and adds life to the games

sonatine:

Lannister: Shut up you retarded faggot

Banned
    Load Metric
    Why is the old man opening b4 and a3? Is that supposed to throw people off, or does it not matter because he's cheating anyway?

Comments

El Gallo: Was thinking the same thing

ShawnFanningsLimpDick: White can afford to play offbeat openings. b4 isn't so terrible and it stops players being able to bang out 20 moves of opening theory.

Load Metric
    That was fucking fantastic.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Why is the old man opening b4 and a3? Is that supposed to throw people off, or does it not matter because he's cheating anyway?

Non-book openings are super standard in timed games in the park etc. They take stronger players out of their element, especially these days when everyone can study book to death using home pcs.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    He is from BK, and the only chess guy that doesn't talk like a antisocial recluse.

Load Metric
    Pretty standard case of Black on Black assault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    I was a 2150 ranked player for some time. I played on Pogo and had a pretty great record, something like 345-60-115. I played a lot from the time I was 15 to 20. I studied a lot, but mostly stuck to Sicilian defense. I logged in to play about a month ago after not playing for many years and played 20 games. I went 1-18-1... It was bad, the game has changed so much and it seems like what was a solid opening 15 years ago is basically useless against other high ranking players. Ranking went down to high 1800's. I wish I had more time to learn what these guys were up to, because some of there openings looked super strange and thought they were weak moves, but kept on losing. Obviously I was the problem.
    We pray for understanding as we all occasionally request back door action by accident, when we tried to call an electrician. It happens, it simply happens.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    I was a 2150 ranked player for some time. I played on Pogo and had a pretty great record, something like 345-60-115. I played a lot from the time I was 15 to 20. I studied a lot, but mostly stuck to Sicilian defense. I logged in to play about a month ago after not playing for many years and played 20 games. I went 1-18-1... It was bad, the game has changed so much and it seems like what was a solid opening 15 years ago is basically useless against other high ranking players. Ranking went down to high 1800's. I wish I had more time to learn what these guys were up to, because some of there openings looked super strange and thought they were weak moves, but kept on losing. Obviously I was the problem.
    The more time thats on the clock, the more standard the opening book/middle game gets. Players like Nakamura have really switched shit up in bullet by playing hyper wonky and aggressive king-side pawn based openings, castling late or not at all, etc.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gallo View Post
    The more time thats on the clock, the more standard the opening book/middle game gets. Players like Nakamura have really switched shit up in bullet by playing hyper wonky and aggressive king-side pawn based openings, castling late or not at all, etc.

Is this kinda like how poker went from TAG to LAG?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Is this kinda like how poker went from TAG to LAG?

Thats... really not a bad analogy at all.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    This is a mindfuck and also complete and utter ownage of the highest order.

Comments

El Gallo: Jesus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I'm as big a Nakamura mark as anyone but bullet is pretty much all hes good for. Granted, he's amazing at it, but you know.. there's very little theory in bullet and theory is the heart and soul of chess. Him and Josh perfectly embody the perils of not taking chess too seriously in the interests of a well balanced life, if you know what I mean.

Load Metric
    Another "interesting" game

Bobby Fischer vs. Bob Hope

Thread Information