Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Does Canada Have Only One Accent, eh?

Load Metric

So Does Canada Have Only One Accent, eh?

Just curious, I was thinking about how the USA has so many accents that I can pretty much peg the State that a person comes from just from a couple of sentences out of their mouth. Jolly ole' England even has more accents than you can shake a stick at. But I can't seem to recall ever hearing a difference in accents from different Canadian locations, outside of Quebec with the whole French thing.

Serious question, but not serious thread.

Comments

ftpjesus: Canada has fucking Frogs in Quebec of course they have more then one accent 4D common sense dictates the Frogs talk like French faggots

Banned
    Load Metric
    This is a time for us to improve the forum and lift Sonatine's spirits. This is the exact wrong time for this stupid thread. This isn't Yahoo answers pal.

Comments

Henry: .

Load Metric
    You nor tine are Canadian, so you can kindly fuck off.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    You nor tine are Canadian, so you can kindly fuck off.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Because I have to be from Canada to realize your thread sucks.

Comments

Belly Buster: Your shtick sucks

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    First off, I don't know anyone who says "eh" the way americans think we do. even when we did, that was more upper Canadians and natives.

Toronto ppl have a clear accent of their own, same with East Coasters (mainly newfies and cape bretoners). Out west you're more likely to run into Asian accents than anything particularly Canadian, lol.

Comments

4Dragons:

Load Metric
    I don't know what you're talking aboot

Comments

4Dragons: i see what you did there

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    First off, I don't know anyone who says "eh" the way americans think we do. even when we did, that was more upper Canadians and natives.

Toronto ppl have a clear accent of their own, same with East Coasters (mainly newfies and cape bretoners). Out west you're more likely to run into Asian accents than anything particularly Canadian, lol.
    So even worse than making an idiotic thread, you felt it appropriate to make a thread asking a question that not only no one cares about, but that you already knew the answer to. Sometimes I can understand why Sonatine is so depressed and anxious. You broke like four major rules of posting on forums in two posts.

Comments

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    Is Krypt and Henry some of Sonatine's aliases? They post the same pictures. I surely hope so. You guys were so mean to him. Can one of his friends please check on him just in case?

Comments

ftpjesus: Dunno about Henry but Krypt definitely isnt Tine. Krypt lives back in my hometown area near Washington DC

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Raymers Shorts View Post

So even worse than making an idiotic thread, you felt it appropriate to make a thread asking a question that not only no one cares about, but that you already knew the answer to. Sometimes I can understand why Sonatine is so depressed and anxious. You broke like four major rules of posting on forums in two posts.

FUCKING MOUTH BREATHER. LOOK WHO MADE THIS THREAD AND THEN COMPARE THE USERNAME TO MINE.

Banned
    Load Metric
    While we can all agree this is a terrible thread, one good thing about DJ Chaps is that he naturally knew the time to edit out his nasty comments about Sonatine in that other thread. Some of you other guys should do the same with your posts. So much venomous hate that no one deserves. At the end of the day we are all humans and we all need to help each other out.

Load Metric

To be honest, I hear the 'eh' out of the Ontario types, especially out of the ones around Windsor. Didn't notice it so much around New York / Niagra.

Comments

DJ_Chaps: upper canadian bastards

Banned
    Load Metric
    Whoa guy. Are you seriously making fun of retarded children now? Ask yourself if that child had a choice in that matter. I wouldn't doubt it if that child has had a way happier and fulfilling life than many people with all their scruples. What if he is even happier than you? Have you thought about it that way before?

Comments

4Dragons: must have hit close to home rep (ahem)

Load Metric
    While we can all agree this is a terrible thread, one good thing about DJ Chaps is that he naturally knew the time to edit out his nasty comments about Sonatine in that other thread. Some of you other guys should do the same with your posts. So much venomous hate that no one deserves. At the end of the day we are all humans and we all need to help each other out.

cuz sonatine is god and we have a nice years long friendly rivalry. you have nothing. just go back to your main account so you can get your ass pummeled proper. nobody just shows up and acts this fucking retarded unless they're having fun on a dupe.

Banned
    Load Metric

cuz sonatine is god and we have a nice years long friendly rivalry. you have nothing. just go back to your main account so you can get your ass pummeled proper. nobody just shows up and acts this fucking retarded unless they're having fun on a dupe.

the_lurker motivated me to come out. I wouldn't doubt for a minute that more people lurk here than the number of people that actually post. Especially true when factoring in everyone's numerous alias accounts.

On a side note I am happy that you made amends with Sonatine. However with all of his complexes I would strongly doubt that he would consider you a rival. I'm not saying you aren't his rival. But with his issues he considers no one to be on his level. I have at least one new patient each month that suffers in the same way and it's incredibly easy to spot. Once again that isn't his fault and we need to help him with it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Newfoundland & Labrador has its own very unique accent, often quite difficult to understand.

Canadians have become self-conscious of saying "Eh?" and have today replaced it with "Right?" as an effective language device to convey non-threatening subservience.

Comments

4Dragons: canadians are nice to a fault

drufdajewgod: When I hear "eh" these days i stop and go wow he just said "eh"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmProfessionalTalk View Post
    Newfoundland & Labrador has its own very unique accent, often quite difficult to understand.

Canadians have become self-conscious of saying "Eh?" and have today replaced it with "Right?" as an effective language device to convey non-threatening subservience.
    don't feel bad about not understanding Newfiespeak...

my parents are from there....even though i understand the words, there usually is no logic to what they say; provence wide malady
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    My mom married a newfie from Ils au Mort or whatever the fuck. I can make out a few words occasionally. I nod and agree with everything.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The eh dealy isn't so much an accent thing now as we have embraced it coast to coast much like folks living to the south respond to a simple question with the high falutin, Ugh Huh.

As for it's origin we blame the Newfies eh.

Speaking of dialects, what's up with New Englanders and their troubles with the letter t?

It's almost like a Puerto Rican saying the word " did-unt
    Last edited by limitles; 02-10-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The whole eh thing is a myth. In some rural parts of Canada people still say it. But its like the whol "yall" thing most Americans dont use it. The maritimes have a particular sound to them (where chaps is from) out west is different too etc. I grew up in Vancouver and somebody recently told me wow you talk so different now. There are so many english italians and greeks in Montreal their way of speaking wears off on you. So yes 4dragons.. the answer is yes.

Thread Information