A few months back, I had to run out to SF for work, and ended up having a discussion with a taxi driver about what what I do, etc. By the end of the trip, he asked for my card and so I gave it to him, and he told me he had some things going business-wise, and would love to work with me.

Last night around 10, I get an email with the creepy subject of "Taxi Driver" with the following message:

Hi XXXX,

This is XXXXX XXXXXX. I drive for XXXXX Taxi in San Francisco. Approx 3 mos. ago early one morning around 5 am in the Glenn Park neighborhood of SF, I picked you up and I drove you out to about 7th & Juda to where you left your car. By any chance do you remember me ?

XXXXXX

The thing is, I do remember him, but he drove me around 12PM, and to a completely different neighborhood. Clearly he has me confused with someone else, but I'm sure times and people just blend together after driving for so long. I reply that I do remember him, and ask him, what is up? A few hours later, I get the following reply.

I'm doing great , thx for remembering me. Listen, the reason for my email straight forward......... I've worked long & hard on my own internet start-up & I'm ready to launch. I've created a product & I have it manufactured. I've beta tested this product with six [ 6 ] high profile companies & they all are ready to place orders. The distribution channels are in place. This is a low overhead high profit margin of 80% product. I expect a $2MM profit margin the first quarter. At this point all that is in my way is seed capital of $30,000. I'm just networking trying to make this happen. If you can connect me to an angel investor that bares fruit, I'll reward you generously for brokering the deal. If this interest you in any way & would like to know more, then we'll talk. If not, no problem. Let me know. XXXXX
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Wonder how many people he has tried to pull this scam on. I want to re-scam him, but since my identify is known, I would need to introduce him to an investor for that to happen. At the very least, he seems like a good crank call for PFA radio. Thoughts on my next move?