Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: BILLIONS on Showtime

Load Metric
    Bonus shout out to whoever ruined Mary-Louise Parker's face.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It wasn't as bad as poker episode imo, that was corny as shit.

This one was meh, like each scene was like ya ya ok next.

Load Metric
    Chuck Rhodes just dropped the fucking hammer on Axe.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    Its speaks exactly to what is most wrong with this show, that it can take a reasonable, sophisticated narrative and paint it like a toddler smearing shit on its walls.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Im sure libertarians are suuuuuper psyched with their omnisexual spokesperson as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Its speaks exactly to what is most wrong with this show, that it can take a reasonable, sophisticated narrative and paint it like a toddler smearing shit on its walls.
    ENOUGH

ENOUGH

i've never watched a minute of billions but it doesn't matter cause your review of every show is the same

i mean, critiquing a show here and there is one thing...

anyway, can't wait to see when your project gets the greenlight

Load Metric
    -227 Better Call Saul
    +237 Billions

I'll take the chalk. Those odds aren't gonna get any better either

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    -227 Better Call Saul
    +237 Billions

BCS is great but constantly forcing myself to forget how depressing its going to get is exhausting.

That said the writing and acting is phenomenal.

So honestly we are talking like -860 Saul +625 Billions. And Billions aint no Holly Holm.

Also seriously where in gods name can Billions even go at this point?

Like seriously what else is there? We have a season finale next week and then what, a full season of Law And Order: Billions?

Which btw Id watch because that sounds amazing.

Comments

Sanlmar: I am growing to hate you more & more. This post is so good

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    -227 Better Call Saul
    +237 Billions

BCS is great but constantly forcing myself to forget how depressing its going to get is exhausting.

That said the writing and acting is phenomenal.

So honestly we are talking like -860 Saul +625 Billions. And Billions aint no Holly Holm.

Also seriously where in gods name can Billions even go at this point?

Like seriously what else is there? We have a season finale next week and then what, a full season of Law And Order: Billions?

Which btw Id watch because that sounds amazing.
    I hear you, I felt that way about Boardwalk Empire when they killed Jimmy in the first season. Although I still think that was a huge mistake, the season progressed and still had the plot develop.

I think they will have it so Giamatti becomes Governor and has more power and may stand more toe-to-toe with Axe or Axe will run an opposing candidate. It's turning into the wire without hoodrats, 90's anonymity techniques, and the worst intro song ever (The Wire). Well, maybe Entourage had a worse one.

Load Metric
    I enjoyed the last few episodes. The highlight for me were his never ending VM rants to his wife The best was the message about how good a guy he is because he doesn't fuck hookers like the "russian" billionaires, so get right back home honey. If I were a billionaire that would totally be a go to rant.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoStar View Post
    and the worst intro song ever (The Wire)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sopranos
    hold my beer

SFO

like honestly tho are we actually considering a series end game where Axe, who just used a biological weapon to tank an IPO, is going to run for office?

im not mocking that btw im just saying, what the fuck, billions.

obviously wendy's short is going to be a fly in someones ointment but seriously, what the fuck.

because once you break out of this paradigm and start moving Axe around the board like that, you might as well have him go Full Thaksin and start a media empire devoted to destabilizing the government.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sopranos
    hold my beer

SFO

like honestly tho are we actually considering a series end game where Axe, who just used a biological weapon to tank an IPO, is going to run for office?

im not mocking that btw im just saying, what the fuck, billions.

obviously wendy's short is going to be a fly in someones ointment but seriously, what the fuck.

because once you break out of this paradigm and start moving Axe around the board like that, you might as well have him go Full Thaksin and start a media empire devoted to destabilizing the government.
    What are your thought on "Suits" that show has me hook line and sinker
    Slava Ukraini!

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Well anything before Mike went to the pen that is

Comments

OSA: mike is so fucking hot. harvey>all
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric
    I dont see Suits in my future.

not sorry.

ok kinda sorry.

Comments

OSA: harvey spektor is god

Load Metric
    OK so the twist at the end got me thinking, did he actually lose his trust or not? I assume not, unless he is so set on getting Axe he blew that to nail him? Secondly it means he screwed his father as well, big time! I mean who does that to "get a guy".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    OK so the twist at the end got me thinking, did he actually lose his trust or not? I assume not, unless he is so set on getting Axe he blew that to nail him? Secondly it means he screwed his father as well, big time! I mean who does that to "get a guy".
    it seems to be setting up this way. BTW, who stole the laptop for him from the whips and chains asian girl?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    it seems to be setting up this way. BTW, who stole the laptop for him from the whips and chains asian girl?

That was him (Chuck), he paid a guy to steal the Asians laptop because he knew its contents could hurt his run for office. No real line to follow there...

Load Metric
    He only initially risked half his trust but his father made the call to invest it all. Chuck knew he had to risk everything to bring him down. You could see when wendy was telling him to get it out of the deal, for 1 second he had a smug look.
    "I hit that shot because it was a defining moment and when a defining moment comes along, you either define the moment or the moment defines you" Roy "Tin Cup" Mcevoy

Load Metric
    True it explains the smug look but when you think about it he dumped 10's of millions, screwed his dad, pissed his wife all to get a financial guy behind bars X years? I mean the rational is weak.

Load Metric
    he can get the trust back as damages in a suit.

i think the rub here is supposed to be 'but for there to be a suit, they will have to file charges against his wife' or something which is of course ludicrous.

also his dad is doing just fine, he may just have to peel off a property or two to cover living expenses.

Thread Information