Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: BILLIONS on Showtime

Load Metric
    this wet sack of trash flavored shit is coming back march 17.

its basically a buddy caper drama at this point.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    this wet sack of trash flavored shit is coming back march 17.

its basically a buddy caper drama at this point.
    You have no shame. This is going to be maybe 2nd best season yet.

Also I just heard Jimmy from Boardwalk Empire was killed cause he loved those roxies. He would show up on set strung out and shit or something

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    You have no shame. This is going to be maybe 2nd best season yet.

Also I just heard Jimmy from Boardwalk Empire was killed cause he loved those roxies. He would show up on set strung out and shit or something

absolutely would not rule it out.

interesting how paz got essentially written out as well. in 2011 she appears in the credits for every ep but was only in 3 actual episodes.

the plot thickens..

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    The first 5 minutes of episode one seemed promising but then it kept becoming worse and worse. I think i bailed after the James Hetfield episode. Did anything worth mentioning happen after that?

Load Metric
    honestly this show is terrible.

Load Metric
    I'm still watching but yeah, this show may have jumped the shark.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I'm still watching but yeah, this show may have jumped the shark.

i feel like if it can actually be this bad, with actors this good in it, there is no theoretical floor to how far it can sink and we could literally be in for another half a dozen seasons and somehow thats infuriating.

Load Metric
    There have been better seasons of this show.

It seems in some of these episodes they have no idea what to do or exactly where they are going with it.

They only filmed seven episodes, they have three episodes left to film this season that probably won't be released until next year.

Load Metric
    easily some of the worst acting ive ever seen in the entire series so far.

Load Metric
    imagine spending your whole life trying to become an actor. all the casting calls. all the readings. all the rejections.

then, you make it. you're a character on billions.

and a few seasons later, youre reading on camera with a straight face; 'ill have you hotter than the barrel of a just emptied m-60'.

wow.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Im about to smoke a nice J and binge first 4 episodes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Paul Giamatti pulling weight. I just keep thinking of him in his John Adams garb being humiliated by his dominatrix wife. I just saw the first one so I guess i'm behind a bit. Anyone else in on this?

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Trailer:

Full 1st Episode from official channel:

I am being lazy here but is Paul Giamatti the same guy that played Paul Cicero in Goodfellas? I think he also had a role in The Cooler?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    There have been better seasons of this show.

It seems in some of these episodes they have no idea what to do or exactly where they are going with it.

They only filmed seven episodes, they have three episodes left to film this season that probably won't be released until next year.

Lol isn't this a Stu Ungar hand?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    imagine spending your whole life trying to become an actor. all the casting calls. all the readings. all the rejections.

then, you make it. you're a character on billions.

and a few seasons later, youre reading on camera with a straight face; 'ill have you hotter than the barrel of a just emptied m-60'.

wow.

That was the 2nd gun reference in 2 episodes. Wags says something about an M16 as well.

Aside from the frightening ahuyasca trip and the tacky profanity laden speech in front of his son and a bunch of 11 yr olds, I thought its been epic. Its a bit shticky like entourage was towards the end but still gold.

Him telling his son he should have schemed it better and Wags complimenting his fatherly advice made me lol hard.

Most usless character is the blond that was with Taylor.

Load Metric
    its almost reassuring that we arent discussing how truly, genuinely awful this show has become.

Load Metric
    It’s like a mutating virus. It’s back

I’m curious when I punched out on this series. How many seasons did I skip?

Damian Lewis is back? I wonder why

Is there any possibility of something interesting being done post SBF and the new age of weaponized justice (SDNY)?

What can be said that hasn’t been explored already?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It’s like a mutating virus. It’s back

I’m curious when I punched out on this series. How many seasons did I skip?

Damian Lewis is back? I wonder why

Is there any possibility of something interesting being done post SBF and the new age of weaponized justice (SDNY)?

What can be said that hasn’t been explored already?

some discourse about this show on the other site.

there are like a literal half dozen spinoffs coming after this final season.

Load Metric
    none of them will be better than the literal worst episode of Industry.

Load Metric
    so the series wrapped.

true to form they slapped together a bunch of totally nonsensical 'plot twists' that they strung together with your basic generic oceans 11 style flashback reveals and everyone somehow 'won', mostly because the lions share of the last seasons plot was discarded/ignored.

im glad that damian lewis got to come back but watching him ape his way through the most warped, bizarre facial expressions in an effort to milk his final hours on the show was somewhere between off putting and heart breaking.

i dont fault him because the direction, writing, and photography were, by and large, atrocious. but there were times where he seriously looked like he was having a stroke.

but yeah in a show about a game where someone has to lose for someone else to win, there were really no losers. the bad guys walked away with 9 figure bank accounts. the people who castrated their morals and ethics to accomplish this consider it a solid W and oh yeah suffer exactly zero repercussions. basically every 'good guy' on the show 3x'd their net worth in the process of getting the bad guys hedge fund margin called, and the bad guy and all his pals walk away with 9 figures to rebuild with.

its all so fucking tedious.

the only thing they did right was avoiding a full on sopranos style meltdown where they started to rope in everyones kids as plot thickener but its hard to imagine that some of the laziest talent in the industry didnt throw a tantrum when they were told no after pitching it.

im sure the spinoffs will be 10 times worse so at least we have that.

Thread Information